PDA

View Full Version : walker and regular ztr on same property?

grassmasterswilson
01-30-2011, 07:56 PM
Running a 2 man crew and maybe adding a 3rd guy once we start rolling. Setup currently includes a walker and a hustler as my only riders. Was curious what you guys thought about using both on the same property....using the walker as a "trim" mower around beds and drives/curbing? Or maybe just adding a 2nd ztr. Trying to see what is more efficient 2 mowing then trimming or 1 doing each.

Lefet
01-30-2011, 08:04 PM
I have never used a walker mower but I can tell you I don't want anybody doing my "trimming". They would only get in my way. I'm very methodical in the way I work, not to do things twice, make extra trips, wait on things etc.
Around here there are large lawns, there's two of us now, one starts cutting the front, the other starts cutting the back. First one done grabs a trimmer, last one blower etc...
If there WERE three, it would be two cutters, one trimming, first cutter done, grab a blower, trim done grab blower. Second cutter done, start refueling, restringing, whatever, just do something.

grassmasterswilson
01-30-2011, 08:24 PM
^totally understand. I was thinking on large properties either both mow then trim or one do each. If i went with 2 mowers one would be the walker and would do the small/tight spots and around beds to help keep clippings out of beds. Was just thinking of using the walker instead of buying a second ztr. Only problem is they have different stripping patterns.

Lefet
01-30-2011, 08:33 PM
That's what I figured you were talking about. And it would look odd with 2 different patterns/stripes. If I had the work to substantiate a 3rd guy, I'd find a decent used z.
One front, one back, one trim blah.. blah... blah...