PDA

View Full Version : Which would you choose?

jslawn
01-30-2011, 08:14 PM
if you were given $60,000 for a brand new Diesel 4x4 truck, which would it be and why?
srw or dually?
6.7 powerstroke?
6.7 cummins?
6.6 duramax?
This would be a work truck from lawn maintenance and hardscaping.
You would be hauling heavy equipment at times also.

SNAPPER MAN
01-30-2011, 08:20 PM
I would never spend $60k on a work truck. You don't need a decked out truck fo work. Just get a plain work truck diesel. I bought my ford f250xl psd new for $30k. I know guys that have bought king ranches for less than $45k. I'd go ford or chevy. Better built trucks than dodge IMO.
Posted via Mobile Device

tnmtn
01-30-2011, 08:20 PM
6.6 duramax/allison
for hauling heavy dually
i have had 2 duramax's with no problems working hard towing up to 10 tons.

ljhanson12345
01-30-2011, 09:53 PM
I'm a ford man

is this a work truck or look at me truck?

jslawn
01-30-2011, 10:24 PM
This would be a work and daily driver truck so would like to have leather and power windows and locks. I put the price 60k just as a start price but you can talk down any dealers below invoice.

buttaluv
01-31-2011, 08:53 AM
I would put 50 g's in the bank and buy a 10 thousand dollar truck

meets1
01-31-2011, 12:20 PM
d max hands down.

DoetschOutdoor
01-31-2011, 12:42 PM
Have you gotten more equipment than is in your sig? You dont need even close to that much truck with whats listed in your sig. Maybe you have more but why buy a brand new truck unless you are just the rich boss?

buttaluv
01-31-2011, 12:49 PM
I would put 50 g's in the bank and buy a 10 thousand dollar truck

Sorry, I really didn't answer the question that was asked!

If I was a lottery winner!! I think I would go Chevy...and that is really because I have had pretty good luck with the local dealer, Quality wise I think it's a toss up, you could get a really good truck or a really bad truck, with any of them.

Coastal Lawn Maintenance
01-31-2011, 02:35 PM
i would take and bank the 60g and do advertising and maybe getting a cheaper truck. but i run fords

jslawn
01-31-2011, 05:03 PM
this is question is just an opinion based question. Which would you choose out of the three? and Why? I do have more equipment then listed and this isn't a full time career for me. I probably won't spend even near that amount. Dealers are wanting to sell and it's a buyers market. So back to the question if you had the choice of choosing one of the three which would it be and why?

SNAPPER MAN
01-31-2011, 05:40 PM
Buy whatever you can get the best deal on. They all do the same job.
Posted via Mobile Device

PROPERTYLAWNSERVICELLC
01-31-2011, 06:23 PM
Cummins has the best deisel the most proven they were run in ag equipment before they were put into dodge .

SouthSide Cutter
01-31-2011, 07:14 PM
I am a GM man always have been. Raced GM cars, but like the Ford trucks. Don't like the V8 diesels. Check them out, a lot of headgasket troubles on the Fords and GM. And if war is out check out cost to replace headgaskets. Bought a Dodge because of the Cummins. Its the only TRUE diesel engine. If only Ford put the Cummins in its trucks they wouldn't be able to build them fast enough.

doubleedge
01-31-2011, 10:48 PM
Cummins has the best deisel the most proven they were run in ag equipment before they were put into dodge .

Actually, out of the two, the Duramax engine has been proven for the longest period of time. I don't think Cummins' past experience in the AG industry can be directly related to the fairly new 6.7 liter engine's reliability, considering that the engines share no internal parts.

Its the only TRUE diesel engine.

The others have spark plugs and run on gasoline?

SouthSide Cutter
02-01-2011, 02:06 PM
Aint seen a Duramax yet out last a 5.9. Got a friend who trims trees. Has all three. Talk to him about what lasts. The Ford was a 6.0 and its gone and had very few miles on it. The GM has the headgaskets bad and the ol Cummins is just plugging along. And they were all bought new. Now I aint saying the truck is any better just the engine.