PDA

View Full Version : exmark metro 26

db121272
01-30-2011, 10:00 PM
does anybody know if exmark is still having problems with the metro 26 , on paper it looks great

cvcook
01-30-2011, 11:11 PM
My local dealer said he's not ordering anymore until exmark fixes the flaws. don't remember what they were, but he likes to keep his customers satisfied

shooterm
01-30-2011, 11:47 PM
To bad to because alot of people want there lawns traditionally push mowed.

cvcook
01-31-2011, 10:37 AM
Not by me, unless it's a tiny yard or they want to pay extra:laugh:

CircleC
01-31-2011, 04:37 PM
I use one on 2 lawns a week. It's ok...its a little heavy to turn, I dont think it bags very well, but it does mow fairly quickly and its easy to adjust mowing height. If you can get one for a good price, would be a good mower to have.

dishboy
01-31-2011, 08:35 PM
To bad to because alot of people want there lawns traditionally push mowed.

Wrong, people want it to look good, they don't care how you get there! A Exmark 26 is not the way.

ELS LLC
01-31-2011, 08:54 PM
Boat anchor. Problem is I purchased 3 of those Exmarks and only have one boat. Loose as a goose in a month. Handles broke after a month. They were welded, strapped, bungeed and put away to rust. The Toro Proline or Honda Comm. 21 only way to go.

mslawn
01-31-2011, 11:08 PM
I have three of them, but we only use them a few times per week. Have not any troubles with them, but please note they are seldom used. I don't have any issues with cut quality, just better eat a Powerbar before mowing. Good workout when in a tight yard if you are turning alot.

LibertyFarmLandscaping
02-01-2011, 01:46 AM
does anybody know if exmark is still having problems with the metro 26 , on paper it looks great

You might want to take a look at the new YBravo 25" if you have a dealer close by. My dealer is supposed to have these in soon to demo. 117lbs vs. 150lbs on the Exmark 26.

www.ybravo.com

Exmark PR
02-03-2011, 03:25 PM

As an Exmark representative, I can tell you that we feel that the problems on the Metro 26 have been addressed. We've fixed the major issues that customers were experiencing with the blade drive belt, front adjuster wear, BBC spring failures, transmission issues and idler arm wear. If you have any other questions on potential issues with the Metro 26, feel free to call our customer service number at 1-800-667-5296 and one of our technicians will be happy to further assist you.

sedge
02-03-2011, 03:59 PM
As an Exmark representative, I can tell you that we feel that the problems on the Metro 26 have been addressed. We've fixed the major issues that customers were experiencing with the blade drive belt, front adjuster wear, BBC spring failures, transmission issues and idler arm wear. If you have any other questions on potential issues with the Metro 26, feel free to call our customer service number at 1-800-667-5296 and one of our technicians will be happy to further assist you.

We have had 2, the front wear issue has not been properly addressed.

We turned ours into caster fronts. Cut off the front wheel mounting area aluminum and welded and bolted on support brackets for a caster setup, blows the old style away. I don't know why you didn't do this from the start. It is now a lot easier to turn, as it is a heavy mower and is a lot easier to keep straight.

dishboy
02-03-2011, 04:15 PM

But the POC deck design that can't mulch itself out of a wet paper bag or leave a clean cut on more than 3/4" of growth remains the same. I notice the new exmark 21" didn't use that design, not hard to figure out why.

Exmark PR
02-09-2011, 04:48 PM
We have had 2, the front wear issue has not been properly addressed.

We turned ours into caster fronts. Cut off the front wheel mounting area aluminum and welded and bolted on support brackets for a caster setup, blows the old style away. I don't know why you didn't do this from the start. It is now a lot easier to turn, as it is a heavy mower and is a lot easier to keep straight.

Front Height adjusters were improved on 2011 Metro 26. If you have an earlier model, you can install a kit (Exmark Part Number 116-5299) to update to 2011 front height adjusters. If only one side of height adjusters is needed, the part numbers are 116-4306 (LH) and 116-4307 (RH). If you have any other questions Metro 26 height adjusters or kits, feel free to call our customer service number at 1-800-667-5296 and one of our technicians will assist you.

Exmark PR
02-09-2011, 04:50 PM
But the POC deck design that can't mulch itself out of a wet paper bag or leave a clean cut on more than 3/4" of growth remains the same. I notice the new exmark 21" didn't use that design, not hard to figure out why.

Try adjusting the rake of the deck to improve mulching (i.e. raise the back of the deck higher than the front). We have seen (and heard from landscape professionals) that adjusting the rake can help fix mulching issues, especially in wet conditions.

Agape
02-09-2011, 05:55 PM

LOL, That's a ton of issues! I thought there was only a main one.
Sounds like exmark really went with the lowest bidder and I can't help but wonder if its now put together by the second lowest bidder to last just past the warranty?
I'll wait til I hear some positive feedback before I invest in one, not interested in being the test consumer.

Chevy z71
02-09-2011, 06:20 PM
I would like to buy one of the 21inch when i get the money are they good or do they have problems with them.

sedge
02-09-2011, 07:12 PM
Front Height adjusters were improved on 2011 Metro 26. If you have an earlier model, you can install a kit (Exmark Part Number 116-5299) to update to 2011 front height adjusters. If only one side of height adjusters is needed, the part numbers are 116-4306 (LH) and 116-4307 (RH). If you have any other questions Metro 26 height adjusters or kits, feel free to call our customer service number at 1-800-667-5296 and one of our technicians will assist you.

I talked to a dealer I know the other day, said it still isn't properly addressed. The mower is just too heavy to turn like a 21" no matter, it needs casters, plain and simple. Sorry. We like it's cut, bagging, we even mulched with it on bermuda with little problems.

ELS LLC
02-09-2011, 10:18 PM
Oh and don't forget the belts coming off all the time. We run the Exmark 36 hydros and love them. The 21 and 26 are the biggest pos mowers on the market. We used the Exmark 21's alongside a Honda 21 commercial and the Honda is ten times the machine as far as durability goes. The front ends are a joke. Why should we have to redesign the front end of a new mower? Seriously loose as hell in a week of mowing. Handles broke after a month on all of them. Dealer said AFTER I had complained that these were the shittiest mowers on the market. They had alot of problems they told me. We purchase new mowers every year so this year we are running the Honda commercials. To the Exmark REP I dealt with, thanks for the stickers but I still wasted thousands of dollars on those boat anchors.

dishboy
02-21-2011, 09:01 AM
Try adjusting the rake of the deck to improve mulching (i.e. raise the back of the deck higher than the front). We have seen (and heard from landscape professionals) that adjusting the rake can help fix mulching issues, especially in wet conditions.

Your kidding right, you have a mower that only adjusts in 1/2" increments and the only way to get 1/4" is by staggering the front/ rear and your telling me the back has to be higher than the front , and I cant set them level or lower in the rear to get the height I need. What a joke! Why doesn't the Exmark-Toro
corporate ninnies just admit they blew it and redesign that POS deck?