PDA

View Full Version : Build your own websites???

MowingMowingMowing
01-31-2011, 02:24 AM
I have 2 businesses I am looking to launch in the coming months.

Upon completion, one of them will need minimal updates (maybe once a month, very easy simple mods). This will be a very basic site.

The second one will need to be updated one, maybe two times a week. This site will also need a way to pay for the product bought online, the first site I can get by with just a means to link with Paypal.

I know a decent amount about computers (well enough to get by), but don't really know much at all about building a website. I've ran across various sites where they allow you to build your own website, but am not sure about which ones are good or bad???

Has anyone, without a lot of experience, used these sites with success? I know I could just pay someone to make these, but I would rather try to learn some of these skills, or use these build your own website sites, so I can be better equipped for the future.

Anyone know of any resources that would help with this?

Also, these two sites are NOT lawn care sites.

Cajun Cleanin'
01-31-2011, 02:32 AM
I built mine on Yahoo in about an hour.It costs about 10 bucks a month.

MOHUSTLER
01-31-2011, 11:15 AM
If your going to do a comms website for online sales get with a custom site designer and have them set it up. They can set it up properly and run cards directly through your site. It will save you a huge headache and make it run smooth.

gasracer
01-31-2011, 12:35 PM
Here is who did mine. They will make it look a lot more professional and the cost isn't that much more. There is a difference.
http://www.liquiddatafl.com/