PDA

View Full Version : Outrank.com SEO

lawnworker
01-31-2011, 11:44 AM
Does any body have any experience with this company. They have called me a few times, trying to sell me a web site that they create and manage. With this site, they guarantee front page organic listings on Google for 175.00 per month with no contract. Supposedly, if they can't achieve this they work for free till they do. They would not furnish me any of their satisfied customers to call in my area.The sale man said it is against there privacy policy.

My thoughts are to be skeptical. I don't have my own website yet, but I have been contemplating building one soon.

Texas Lawn
01-31-2011, 01:22 PM
they lose credibility as soon as they guarantee 1st page organic listings. It is not something you can guarantee, especially for $175. Id steer clear

K/B
01-31-2011, 02:50 PM
they lose credibility as soon as they guarantee 1st page organic listings. It is not something you can guarantee, especially for $175. Id steer clear

What he said!

This is right from Google:
While SEOs can provide clients with valuable services, some unethical SEOs have given the industry a black eye through their overly aggressive marketing efforts and their attempts to manipulate search engine results in unfair ways. Practices that violate our guidelines may result in a negative adjustment of your site's presence in Google, or even the removal of your site from our index. Here are some things to consider:

* Be wary of SEO firms and web consultants or agencies that send you email out of the blue.

Amazingly, we get these spam emails too:

"Dear google.com,
I visited your website and noticed that you are not listed in most of the major search engines and directories..."

Reserve the same skepticism for unsolicited email about search engines as you do for "burn fat at night" diet pills or requests to help transfer funds from deposed dictators.
* No one can guarantee a #1 ranking on Google.

Beware of SEOs that claim to guarantee rankings, allege a "special relationship" with Google, or advertise a "priority submit" to Google. There is no priority submit for Google. In fact, the only way to submit a site to Google directly is through our Add URL page or by submitting a Sitemap and you can do this yourself at no cost whatsoever.

Read more at http://www.google.com/support/webmasters/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=35291

Lefet
01-31-2011, 03:30 PM
What he said!

This is right from Google:

In fact, the only way to submit a site to Google directly is through our Add URL page or by submitting a Sitemap and you can do this yourself at no cost whatsoever.

Read more at http://www.google.com/support/webmasters/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=35291

Could you share some knowledge on how this is done?

lawnworker
01-31-2011, 09:58 PM

Yeah, I questioned him how they could do this. I am not going to do it. Having a website that I have to go through another party to build, and then having it pulled if a stopped working with them is just a stupid idea. I think this outfit might be a scam.

mslawn
01-31-2011, 11:03 PM
A few weeks ago, I committed to giving them a try for a few months to see how it works out. I have a website already and they are just making another one, I would not let them use my original. Maybe two websites are better than one? If they can get me in the top of the list in our area, it may be worth it. It cant be any worse than the yellow page ads that bleed you dry.

lawnworker
01-31-2011, 11:57 PM
Mslawn, keep us posted in a couple of weeks on the results. If they can really get you on the first page, it might be worth it.

MowHouston
02-01-2011, 12:07 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

MowHouston
02-01-2011, 12:11 AM
You might not see any results for a good few months. I've talked to the guys up at wpromote before about this but never went through with it. $175 seems pretty stinking cheap though.
Posted via Mobile Device

MowHouston
02-01-2011, 12:15 AM
Also it depends on your area. I created a website and did my own seo here in mcallen and my website has great position. In any other large city, getting top placement is a lot more difficult.
Posted via Mobile Device