PDA

View Full Version : Service Autopilot

willretire@40
02-02-2011, 03:37 PM
I am looking at switching programs. What are the pros and cons of Service Autopilot? Please do not talk about other software as I am only interested in this ONE.
Thanks

willretire@40
02-02-2011, 06:51 PM
Bump to the top
Posted via Mobile Device

willretire@40
02-02-2011, 11:11 PM
lets bump it again.

klogan011
02-03-2011, 03:15 PM
I believe that service auto pilot is a very good program over all. I have been using it for about 6 months now.

Pros:
customer service
mobile version(included)
easy to use and learn
time tracking
syncs with quickbooks

cons:
Has a few bug but if you let them know they will fix it while you wait or very quickly if its a bigger problem
a little high in price

We have run into a few issue with the software. Once we called them they fixed it with in 24 hours most were fixed while i waited on the phone.

They have a big update coming that will improve the mobile version the is already better than any i have used. Also fixes some issue with the sync to quickbooks.

Overall i would highly recommend this company.

willretire@40
02-03-2011, 03:19 PM
I think you are tje one that said it is 100% better then qxpress. Were you using qxpress online or desktop? I loved the desk top version but you couldnt take it in the field fully. I hated online version.
Posted via Mobile Device

klogan011
02-03-2011, 04:03 PM
Yes I was refferring to the online version when I said it was 100% better. To me the qxpress online was just to hard and to many options. I also used qxpress desktop version for about 3 years and loved it. I just needed something that would be more mobile and handle having a secretary better. Service Auto pilot is a little different in the way that it schedules appointments but once you get use to it I think you will actually like it better. If you do conctract billing(meaning bill the same about no matter how may times you go) it has a great option for that. It will actually break it down per service for job costing but will bill the client only the contracted amount. The syncing to quickbooks is not near as good but they are working one it. It does suffice but isn't like qxpress were it is instant. Right now it updates every 30min. Hope this helps. You can PM me if you would like to speak more about it. I can call you or you can call me. They actually set everything up for you from qxpress. YOu don't have to do anything. They will log onto your computer and get the data. Put it in there system and boom you ready to go. Saved me lost of time

willretire@40
02-03-2011, 04:17 PM
Thanks. Cant believe it cost $25 extra to sync with quickbooks and it isnt instant. Qxonline is hard and to many steps to do simple stuff. I have a live demo with johnathan on tuesday.
Posted via Mobile Device

Az Gardener
02-03-2011, 04:43 PM
Keep the rest of us updated. I couldn't deal with q for more than a week. I gave Hindsite a year and dumped it. Still searching.

Lefet
02-03-2011, 04:52 PM
subscribing, interested myself.

willretire@40
02-03-2011, 07:58 PM
What cc companies work with there system?
Posted via Mobile Device

klogan011
02-04-2011, 06:53 PM
I am not sure on that. I use intuit and last time I check it did not work with there system. My understanding is that it will be coming soon.

willretire@40
02-05-2011, 04:30 PM
I keep looking at this program and I think it is the best one out there.

Rainman7
02-06-2011, 04:39 PM
I just signed up and am started looking around the program. So far very impressed. I also have been looking for a few years. Been using Software For Irrigation Professional for the last few years but I think its in need of a major overhaul. Until then I think I will be very happy with Autopilot. Doing my orientation tomorrow...let you know how it goes.

willretire@40
02-08-2011, 01:12 PM
How did it go rainmain?
Posted via Mobile Device

sedge
02-08-2011, 01:54 PM
I have been using Real Green and it is the meow's cat, but pretty spindy on the upgrade, so not sure I wanna spend it.

1. What is the cost?

2. Does it map?

thanx

HOOLIE
02-08-2011, 06:10 PM
I'm going to subscribe soon...talked to Jonathan the owner, he seems like he's really in-tune with tweaking and making the service work as best as it can.

I also work in the IT industry, and he really is going about this well, as far as choice of hosting, datacenters his gear is in, etc. Seems really well-priced for all that it can do.

Rainman7
02-08-2011, 07:32 PM
How did it go rainmain?
Posted via Mobile Device

So far so good. I chose to manually enter all 1500 customers even though they were able to import them. My old system didn't allow for specific areas of information as SA does so some things would be missing or out of place. Its not something I wanted to do but it will pay off in the long run.

As far as the training I just asked a couple of things and deferred to the end of the week when they will be installing their new scheduling system so I could get trained properly.

It does alot but doesn't do some simple things like you cant filter Commercial or Residential customers and you cant search custom fields. There are work arounds and I know they will be taking care of these problems but it seems like they really think about a logical sequence of adding different features instead of just throwing it out there.

Of all the systems I looked at and demoed I this seemed to be the best choice for now and the future. The system is a great management system that is geared twords marketing and promotion.

Hope it works out as well as I think it will!

Rainman7
02-08-2011, 07:41 PM
I have been using Real Green and it is the meow's cat, but pretty spindy on the upgrade, so not sure I wanna spend it.

1. What is the cost?

2. Does it map?

thanx

What does real green cost? Is it online based or software? Looks like a bunch of different modules....or are they all part of the system?

TimNNJ
02-09-2011, 09:49 PM
Hey guys I signed up about 3 weeks ago..have all my clients brought over...they are working on my website...looking to have a nice back end set up...glad to hear others are saying good things...hopefully this stream lines the business for us..

sedge
02-09-2011, 11:55 PM
What does real green cost? Is it online based or software? Looks like a bunch of different modules....or are they all part of the system?

i was quoted just under 4k for the upgrade

software

all one system

it is prolly thee best there is, but kinda hard to use and kinda spendy.

willretire@40
02-13-2011, 08:26 PM
Bump to the top
Posted via Mobile Device

rm25x
02-15-2011, 02:11 PM
I am also interested in going with Service Autopilot so looking forward to your feedback.

PR0 TURF
02-15-2011, 05:33 PM
We have been with SAP since January 1st & are happy overall. I will have much better feedback after a few months into the landscaping season. The winter/plowing season is not nearly as active for us compared to the landscaping so we have not really been able to put the software to the test during our peak. We too have found a few random bugs, but they have been good at taking care of them. As of right now I would recommend this software
:weightlifter:.

Dotens
02-15-2011, 08:28 PM
How do you enter your plowing services in SAP? I know they are planning on having something specific for this but just wondering how you do it now. I have gone back to grounds keeper for the plowing season. It just took way too long with SAP for the amount of customers I have.

PR0 TURF
02-15-2011, 09:44 PM
How do you enter your plowing services in SAP? I know they are planning on having something specific for this but just wondering how you do it now. I have gone back to grounds keeper for the plowing season. It just took way too long with SAP for the amount of customers I have.

It is probably quicker for us to do in Groundskeeper also, but we are trying to force ourselves to use the new software & learn the ins & outs of it.

We currently enter the plowing, saltings, removal etc under the "Add Service" option if it is a customer we invoice monthly. For the customers we invoice after each storm we use the "Add Invoice" option.

We have not started to use the "contract pricing" portion of the software for our seasonal contracts. We are using minimal features right now. I know there have to be "better" ways to enter the work in SAP, we just haven't got there yet.

Dotens
02-16-2011, 02:50 PM
That's exactly what I was doing but for the customers we bill after every storm which is quite a few and it was a pain. We charge different prices for snowfall 8 inches and over and when you do the add invoice option it does not give what you charge that particular client like groundskeeper does so I would have to look it up and it became very time consuming. Don't get me wrong I love SAP and look forward to growing with them. I just can't wait until they come out with the plowing end of things.

seabee24
02-16-2011, 11:18 PM
I have been talking johnathan since last so ring about snow. They promised me they will have something over the summer for snow. Best way I found for now was to create a reoccuring snow service for a fake dates in may. I basicly scheduled a snow plowing every day for the month of may, then all I do I change the service date when we plow. Doing it that way saves HHS dollar amount for each customer.
Posted via Mobile Device

GreenerSide
03-20-2011, 10:41 PM
Any new feedback from you guys about the program? How is it working for you guys?

seabee24
03-21-2011, 12:38 AM
Same stuff different day, best one I found on the market
Posted via Mobile Device

willretire@40
04-09-2011, 10:33 AM
Just signed up for Autopilot last night. Looks so easy. I believe it is going to be 10x better then qxoline.
Posted via Mobile Device

TimNNJ
04-09-2011, 10:38 AM
I started using it this year and it helps a lot...just watch all the videos and dable in there
Posted via Mobile Device

willretire@40
04-21-2011, 10:01 PM
Loving this software. Best one yet.

harmonycare
07-05-2011, 11:03 AM
Just signed up for Autopilot last night. Looks so easy. I believe it is going to be 10x better then qxoline.
Posted via Mobile Device
willreitre@40 how are you liking the software so far. We are most likely going to have to make a decision and we are between qxpress and autopilot. Would love an update.

NJemerald
07-05-2011, 11:18 AM
We are also waivering back and forth between SAP and Qxpress...
My questions are:
training/customer service... do your problems/calls get solved/returned THAT day?

willretire@40
07-05-2011, 12:12 PM
I've used qxpress in the past and wouldnt go back if it was free. Service autopilot answers the phone when you call, they have atleast 50 videos for you to watch on how to use the program down to every detail and you only have to watch 3 videos to get you up and running. You can also chat with them online if you need help ALL FOR FREE unlike Qxpress. Also it is a simple to use system and it is all online and it is fast. Qxpress online is very slow.

NJemerald
07-05-2011, 08:47 PM
Is SAP considered "cloud based"

willretire@40
07-05-2011, 11:57 PM
Yes it is cloud based.

willretire@40
09-13-2011, 08:09 PM
Seriously they are making this program even better. Just take a look at it. If your on the fence about this program PM me. I get nothing for it but just love how well it works and hope it will help more people.

NJemerald
09-13-2011, 10:07 PM
Thanks... PM sent

pplm
09-21-2011, 04:21 PM
I have been using SA for well over a year now and it does almost everything you will need to run your business. The things that it doesnt do they are working on as we speak and should be out soon.

When you call you get a real live person. If you have to leave a message they will get back to you quick. If there is is a problem usually your problem is fixed before you hang up.

The mobile is great. Crews enter start times and ending times on the smartphones. When they are done for the day so are you. There is no need to do anything else except just make sure everything was completed. It automatically bills if you have it set up that way.

If you havent signed up you need to get it now.

maelawncare
09-22-2011, 01:30 PM
I have been using QXonline since beta. I got to know it very well but it was quite cumbersome. You can not beat the method integration that they use. Instant sync is just awesome.

I got to the point where i just could not stand it anymore. It was way to slow in the field and they REFUSED to create a iphone/android app for it. They just kept saying that we need to log into it through a browser, no need for a app.

So I switched to SA last month. Well I guess I really should have waited. From the first bat I had problems with syncing on quickbooks. They couldnt figure it out and told me to wait 2 weeks for the next update Sept 4th. It was supposed to fix it and bring a bunch of new features. It is still in beta stage it seems like though.

Well the update got behind and didnt wind up being released till the 12th. So I have already had to use QXpress for half the month. Problem is that the update to the sync didnt fix my problems, balances were waaay off. It took 3 days of them being logged into my computer and about 10 phone calls for them to fix the sync problem. But they messed up a few invoices in quickbooks along the way. They did fix the balance problem though.

But another problem popped up. Since it was now the 16th of September I had over 200 services from mowing that had to be added from previous weeks. They have a nice scheduler for setting up recurring services, but guess what. It doesnt work when you want to also add services for dates in the past. It will only let you insert recurring services for the future. They told me to keep using QXpress till next month. Over 1 month into the SA and I still cannot use it. I think i have figured out a work around, but gonna take a few more phone calls to iron it out. Something they couldnt figure out.

And then there's the mobile version. It is very comprehensive. But still not good. It is supposed to be mobile. But yet you have load tons of screens. It takes 1min for all the screens to load that you need just to start 1 yard. Then another min to reload after you click to finish the service. No cache, just constant loading while in the field. I have 30 lawns on the schedule for today, and if I used their way of doing it in mobile I will waste 30mins just waiting for screens to load. It also seems like they set up the mobile version for the employees. You cannot see tomorrows services or yesterdays. It only lets you see todays, you also have to set it to schedule in the normal version to even be able to see it to begin with. Quite a bad feature if you ask me. I want to be able to look at what we mowed on this day last week, or what we have to do tomorrow. 200 yards a week, I tend to forget things. That is why I use SA, to remind me.

I am still TRYING to use it. But I am having to use 2 programs. Both SA and QX. So not really time saving. But I did switch near the end of the season.

Enough of the bad and on to the good. SA is a very very good program. It has a ton of great features that cannot be found together in another program. Being able to show services on a map its quite nice. And having all the reports you need, scheduling, it does sync with quickbooks and even customer login. Lots of useful things in one place.

But the #1 reason why I haven't asked for my money back. The customer service. I am still upset a bit of some of the ways they do things, mainly the late update. But Scott over there has been very well to me. He has worked very hard to try and fix my problems. And is still working on them.

So bottom line, will I stay with it? For now, yes. I am still curious how it will work come invoicing time, and as well as for plowing. So I will keep it for a while. If it winds up stinking, I will just keep QX till something better comes along.

willretire@40
09-22-2011, 03:19 PM
I can see your problems. I start with the program at the beginning of the season. For the mobile when I hit start for a lawn I just put the phone down and don't wait for the page to load and the same when I get back in the truck. I don't use quickbboks sync. so I assumed it was as good as method bc I did you quickbooks when I was using qx.
Posted via Mobile Device

seabee24
09-23-2011, 12:01 PM
There are ways around the problems, but i must say...service is good...but when i signed up with SAP, they promised alot....they certainly didnt deliver all the promised

as for your "past schdualing problems".....EASY WORK AROUND

I assume that your not mowing in december......Tell the system to schdual mowing for a month of december for all properties. Then go back into the schdualign screen. pick a dec date. schdual the work, then change assign day tell it ...complete...with the actual day for this month

maelawncare
09-23-2011, 02:02 PM
There are ways around the problems, but i must say...service is good...but when i signed up with SAP, they promised alot....they certainly didnt deliver all the promised

as for your "past schdualing problems".....EASY WORK AROUND

I assume that your not mowing in december......Tell the system to schdual mowing for a month of december for all properties. Then go back into the schdualign screen. pick a dec date. schdual the work, then change assign day tell it ...complete...with the actual day for this month

Yes. That is what I was talking about that I figured out. But yet the people i talked to that worked there could figure that out.
Posted via Mobile Device

TMlawncare
09-23-2011, 09:26 PM
I couldn't deal with q for more than a week. I gave Hindsite a year and dumped it. Still searching.

So what don't you like about qxpress. Can you be a little more specific?

maelawncare
11-07-2011, 09:39 AM
So what don't you like about qxpress. Can you be a little more specific?

LAAG. And doesnt work so well with mobile. Its just that they haven really kept up with the times. They stopped all improvements on it and are focusing all their techs on serviceCEO now.

HBFOXJr
11-10-2011, 06:48 PM
They actually set everything up for you from qxpress. YOu don't have to do anything. They will log onto your computer and get the data. Put it in there system and boom you ready to go. Saved me lost of time

You mean all my qx custom can be moved by them?

HBFOXJr
11-11-2011, 10:51 AM
LAAG. And doesnt work so well with mobile. Its just that they haven really kept up with the times. They stopped all improvements on it and are focusing all their techs on serviceCEO now.

It's hard to tell what's going on with the new ownership of qxpress. They've had the product over a year with no updates and pretty much zero communication. Support was horrible at first. They have improved it so they claim, with better online resources and answering the phone. That hasn't helped me. I'm still waiting on a bug fix.

There is also a lack of convenient functionality when it comes to managing and using data. It works well for scheduling, but that is easy. Every body's stuff eases life that way. It gets sticky in handling discounts, pre pays, renewals, useful reports, email and marketing, etc. A slick and easy product for mobile is a must. Custom data fields is a must.

Reporting is so convoluted in QX. it's based on the very powerful crystal reports, but it must be crystal light. No joke. You can never build a report with out specify a data source. You don't have one single data field list to use. It's all segmented and you have to know what segment contains the data you want. Then you have to be lucky enough to have the right version of that data source on your pc. If not you have to go find and down load something that contains it and hope it has the fields you need.

Recently I was frustrated as I wanted a report listing the name, phone number, day, date and time of coming sprinkler winterizations. I couldn't build it in the report generator. I called another user in Nebraska and she said build a route list report. That's a whole separate batch of data and done in a different place. I was able to do that, but it wasn't intuitive or convenient.

Then time displayed on the new route sheets in military time. So I had to write a formula to display time as am/pm. There is more, but not now.

Marathon Data is close to me and I thought of driving there to review their stable of products like Service CEO and others. But the way that they have handles the QX purchase and implemented their ownership and gobbled up other companies, has made me leary of their way of doing business.

I had a 2 hr phone talk with Jonathan of Service AutoPilot yesterday and will most likely make the move soon, if we can clear up a few more items.

I am an 11 yr qx power user and am burned out.

johndeereguy
11-20-2011, 09:51 PM
I was just reading the website to Service auto pilot and was confused. It says in the area on what is coming in the next 3 to 12 months is generating prepays letters. Does it not have a way to send out prepays now? How can this be asuch a great product for the lawn care industry if it does not do this, when that is what the majority of us do? I was all sold on the idea of going with Service AutoPilot until I read this. Can anybody that uses it explain? Thank You!

willretire@40
11-21-2011, 12:39 AM
I dont do prepay letters. call and do the demo. Its free and you can ask as many questions as you want. They are not high pressure sales people either.

HBFOXJr
11-21-2011, 07:20 AM
I was just reading the website to Service auto pilot and was confused. It says in the area on what is coming in the next 3 to 12 months is generating prepays letters. Does it not have a way to send out prepays now? How can this be asuch a great product for the lawn care industry if it does not do this, when that is what the majority of us do? I was all sold on the idea of going with Service AutoPilot until I read this. Can anybody that uses it explain? Thank You!

Nice people so far. They are converting my qx data for SA use. They can answer that renewal letter for sure.

willretire@40
11-21-2011, 03:01 PM
Check out their new demo.

http://www.serviceautopilot.com/demo-service-autopilot.aspx

LBFmd
11-25-2011, 03:35 PM
we have been running OX since 06, the last 2 years with the enterprise version, last year we used SA in our other landscape business that we run totally separate so we could have a side by side comparison. For spending over $5,000 for enterprise we hae been less then impressed. We switched to it because of all our data we had etc and they told us it would speed things up and run better well it has not. Running SA now for a year we will be switching all our data over to SA over the winter. Have not been please at all with QX all year, 3 days for a phone call back from them to refresh a password on there end, is a little much.

Will keep the thread updated as we begin the switch, but from what we have seen this year on SA we think it will be a better situation for us.

merbesfield
10-23-2013, 11:51 PM
How about an update on you guys running SAP. Also would help to know the size of your company. Thanks

HBFOXJr
10-24-2013, 07:19 AM
Overall - B- to C+
Support - A+
Keeping Crews organized and out the door A, can't edit or make your own route sheets, must use their templates
Estimating A-, has made us money and impressed clients
Reports D - no building or customizing your own
Marketing C - You can mail or email docs you create. You can not filter for customers that have this, but not that
Renewal letters -ZERO - No mechanism is place to bundle services, create doc, raise prices, etc. Any thing you do, must be done by you, exporting data to excel, manipulating data, creating merge doc etc.
Ability to change pricing on a global scale F - you can change the price of a service or product any time, but can't update all clients at once as in end or beginning of year changes, they will do it for you

Client contact tools such as email and text are in place. We use email extensively for contact and marketing.

There is a ton to learn to be effective with it.

Mobile can be improved, and new is on the way. Mobile has wacked hours off office work. Needs card swiper.

Interfaces well with Quick Books.

Needs some nav tweaks to make it more intuitive or mistake proof. Requires learning curve.

Internet based is a plus. They have good speed and connectivity.

All of your data can export to excel for any reason, any time.

Handles prepays the best of any app I have seen. A+

Subscribe to it and don't look back. The more input and money they get, the better the product.

Puttinggreens
10-24-2013, 07:53 AM
Id say HBFOXjr gave a very good assessment of SAP. We have been running it for two years now.

My biggest complaint is not being able to customize your own route sheets / work orders. This is one of the few areas where Qxpress really excels.

Not being able to raise all prices at the end of the year by a percentage is also a big time consuming problem.

Service Auto Pilot, Are you listening?

Another big plus is their handling of client notes / calls / to do's, very well done and easy to track who posted what.

NJemerald
10-24-2013, 08:15 PM
Forgot I had posted to this... lol
We did end up switching to SAP 2 years ago, when I posted to this thread.
We had been running Clip for YEARS... Time to try something else more with the times!
If I could merge parts of both... THAT would be the ULTIMATE Program!!!
There has been ALOT of time/learning spent building SAP to what we need, with MILES to GO! I would be lying if I said we never thought about going back to Clip at times!
The "Hope & Promise" of what SAP will become, SAP's constant Updates AND Their "Support" has been what kept us!
Support ALONE makes SAP worth it!
Call SAP & 95% of the Time you get a PERSON that is ALWAYS Polite & Helpful and never acts bothered by your call!
With Clip, We needed to call in, leave a message and WAIT for a return call, sometimes for hours AND then deal with the OPPOSITE of SAP Support!

With SAP, Expect to put in HOURS setting up/ learning it, even with help from the videos! (Videos do not cover all the details)
HBFOXJr did a GREAT Job listing points, which I agree with ALL, But Prepays!

Prepay - F - Prefer a $0.00 amount to show on Services Prepaid instead of a % off... LESS confusing to Clients!

HBFOXJr
10-25-2013, 12:09 PM
Prepay - F - Prefer a $0.00 amount to show on Services Prepaid instead of a % off... LESS confusing to Clients!

Not sure on how you are using the prepay function. When we log the payment, we indicate in the payment, what services or products it is to be used for.

There is a prepayment report indicating how many dollars are still unused for the company. AKA your liability, to perform work for money already received.

Our invoices go out as print in advance for our basic services that clients prepay. They have a big ole "paid" on the top. Essentially it is a paid receipt. The only "discount" shown is one that may have been created as a reward for the prepayment. This way, discounts and prepay is not confused. Discounts then listed in Quick Books are not distorted. Just real discounts given, rather tan including bogus discounts of 100% for prepay.

SA handles the prepays in a proper way for standard accounting principles.

dnc19694339
10-30-2013, 05:16 PM
I signed on in March and have been pretty happy. Not perfect by any means but it has basically functioned well. I have not had the courage to let the crews try mobile yet, I still have them using the route sheets.

I come from quickbooks and have never used scheduling software before. I can tell you that I feel my company is much more organized now and the Waiting List jobs have been great for all the different jobs we put on the schedule. As we complete them the next ones in line float up to the top.

Definitely is nice not spending a day doing invoicing at the end of the month anymore.

I would not operate my business without it from here forward.

cbservicesllc
03-12-2014, 01:21 AM
What has everyone with SAP been experiencing in the last few months?

HBFOXJr
03-12-2014, 07:32 AM
What has everyone with SAP been experiencing in the last few months?

Is this your first venture into scheduling software? Do you quick books?

inzane
03-12-2014, 10:15 AM
I notice the past few says everytime i go to reports it says security certificate expired. Anyone else get that?
Posted via Mobile Device

cbservicesllc
03-13-2014, 12:41 AM
Is this your first venture into scheduling software? Do you quick books?

No, I've been with SAP for a year and a half. I have used QuickBooks for several years.

SAP has a lot of good features and scheduling and billing is slick. I am, however, disappointed with their customer service and missed deadlines for new features. I've had countless times that I've chatted with support (you can never get through on the phone) and the support person has to go ask someone else. Another example, I set up hourly equipment for snow removal in their system only to find out that feature won't work until the new dedicated mobile app is put out (which was supposed to be out over a year ago). Chemical Tracking has also been promised since I started with them...

Another thing they claimed was being able to see where all your crews are at in real time. Yes and no... having the guys use their phone or tablet works great and it tracks time pretty well; so I can see from the status icon when they're on a job or driving to a job, but I can't see on a map where they are at...

I am looking at Hindsite and Jobber currently and a couple other providers...

Aussie-Gardener
03-13-2014, 07:53 AM
I notice the past few says everytime i go to reports it says security certificate expired. Anyone else get that?
Posted via Mobile Device

I asked about that and they said some certificates have been updated so that issue should stop happening.

I have been happy with customer service via email.

I ran jobber for a few months and have now moved to sap.

The few problems I have had are mainly because I am in Australia but they are not deal breakers.

I am loving it!

HBFOXJr
03-13-2014, 10:04 AM
@cbservices -"I am, however, disappointed with their customer service and missed deadlines for new features. I've had countless times that I've chatted with support (you can never get through on the phone) and the support person has to go ask someone else."

Yup, it's getting old. The excuses are like a tape loop. I can't stand the fact that what works one day my not work after an update. I don't know anything about writing code, but I'm pretty sure all the go backs to fix bugs created are higher than normal. Yesterday I found out when setting up a new package for a client, I could no longer add a discount globally in the package like we used to, and like you can when you do an estimate. Now it is line by line. That is not progress. The new icons for discounts at the end of line items goes from gray to grayer if a discount is used. Not obvious at all. How about a color change. Tabs? Easy to miss them, no color change if the tab has data, and no auto jump to the next tab upon completion of a tab when entering data for a client or service for the first time.

I have to teach this to a new office person soon and perhaps my wife too. The learning curve is awful.

inzane
03-13-2014, 10:30 AM
yeah, that part does suck. Everytime i talk to someone for support on chat, they usually have to go ask someone else and i get disconnected. I thought they were gonna move the logo on the client portal to a secure server so it would get a full secure padlock too.. supposedly it was a high priority 2 weeks ago.. lol. How hard can that be really?

Still. I like it though, just learning to live with the small issues. Is there really any flawless software out there in this price range that works similar? clip? billmaster? The biggest thing about SAP for me is it takes alot of the headaches out of scheduling lawn apps every 4 to 6 weeks which is gonna be helpful as i grow this year. I like the basic version, i upgraded to PRO and so far a little dissapointed in that, but i'm giving it a chance.

@cbservices -"I am, however, disappointed with their customer service and missed deadlines for new features. I've had countless times that I've chatted with support (you can never get through on the phone) and the support person has to go ask someone else."

Yup, it's getting old. The excuses are like a tape loop. I can't stand the fact that what works one day my not work after an update. I don't know anything about writing code, but I'm pretty sure all the go backs to fix bugs created are higher than normal. Yesterday I found out when setting up a new package for a client, I could no longer add a discount globally in the package like we used to, and like you can when you do an estimate. Now it is line by line. That is not progress. The new icons for discounts at the end of line items goes from gray to grayer if a discount is used. Not obvious at all. How about a color change. Tabs? Easy to miss them, no color change if the tab has data, and no auto jump to the next tab upon completion of a tab when entering data for a client or service for the first time.

I have to teach this to a new office person soon and perhaps my wife too. The learning curve is awful.

h20seeder
03-13-2014, 11:58 AM
I've been with SAP for almost 3 years. I'd have to say I like a lot of the features and feel like they are slowly and I do mean slowly moving in the right direction but.......their customer service has absolutely tanked over the last 6 months. I don't know what happened but it is disgraceful. I call talk with a customer service tech and they say I will get an answer for you by the end of the day and you never hear back. No return call no nothing! I have done this multiple times and same results. Feel like I need to go through the act of congress to get a simple question answered. It's CRAP!!!!!!!!!! I say stop working on all new features and get your customer service back up to par SAP. Because you need to do something fast or people are going to start dropping like flies and I will be one of them. Hope your listening and maybe can respond?? What the heck is going on over there? I am hoping to ride out the storm because I do like SAP and think they are going to be a good solution for my company but I sure hope the storm doesn't last much longer!

HBFOXJr
03-13-2014, 12:25 PM
I think they all might stink when it comes to layout and functionality. Though powerful, many apps including SAP could make them more user friendly. That part seems to get lip service. One day some company will wise up and make a financial killing as a result.

McFarland_Lawn_Care
03-13-2014, 01:09 PM
Anyone seen or tried out the new CLIP ITC? Cloud based program....way less than SAP. I just noticed it today....wonder how it compares.

cbservicesllc
03-13-2014, 01:32 PM
Anyone seen or tried out the new CLIP ITC? Cloud based program....way less than SAP. I just noticed it today....wonder how it compares.

I haven't, but my office person is looking at Hindsite, Jobber, Clip, and a couple others...

inzane
03-13-2014, 02:00 PM
i just signed up for it and am trying the free version.. didn't even know about this until i saw your post. interesting.

inzane
03-13-2014, 07:30 PM
I've been using the estimating for sap. Its pretty good. But I see that when i give an estimate for a package job like my 7 app lawn treatment program, it just gives the yearly price. I have a line above the estimate stating that the quote is for the yearly price, and we can do 7 installments due after each treatment.. yada yada.. I really wish it would break it down per app price. I have a link to a .pdf file of my program as well on the estimate. To complicated. I could sit there and click on each round and estimate for the program that way, but then it gives them the choice to not take certain apps, not to mention it takes longer.

I may be doing it wrong? Just started using that version last week. sent off 18 estimates got 1 hit the accept button. the rest that accepted just called me or e-mailed me. Not sure about this so far. I could go ask support but by the time the guy goes to ask his buddy i'll be asleep in my chair, disconnected from chat. lol.

Weekend cut easymoney
03-13-2014, 09:40 PM

Have used clip for 13 years and the Clip ITC looks slick.
although the standard clip has far more features than most..it was kinda klunky and did look outdated...though I'd argue it still would outperform most others in similar price range.
This new version looks really nice, intuitive and very well thought out...I'm going to try it out..

BLC1
03-13-2014, 11:27 PM
Why isn't there much buzz about clip? Seems like all the chatter is about sap and jobber around here?

whiffyspark
03-13-2014, 11:28 PM
Why isn't there much buzz about clip? Seems like all the chatter is about sap and jobber around here?

Because they are specific to our industry

Kind of, sap markets to every service market
Posted via Mobile Device

cbservicesllc
03-14-2014, 01:37 AM
Have used clip for 13 years and the Clip ITC looks slick.
although the standard clip has far more features than most..it was kinda klunky and did look outdated...though I'd argue it still would outperform most others in similar price range.
This new version looks really nice, intuitive and very well thought out...I'm going to try it out..

Does Clip ITC have all the same features?

GW Andy
03-14-2014, 09:50 AM
I've been using the estimating for sap. Its pretty good. But I see that when i give an estimate for a package job like my 7 app lawn treatment program, it just gives the yearly price. I have a line above the estimate stating that the quote is for the yearly price, and we can do 7 installments due after each treatment.. yada yada.. I really wish it would break it down per app price. I have a link to a .pdf file of my program as well on the estimate. To complicated. I could sit there and click on each round and estimate for the program that way, but then it gives them the choice to not take certain apps, not to mention it takes longer.

Inzane, have you played with the printer icon below the last item in your package, on the left side. Click on it, you have the choice of 1)printing the prices for the package total only, 2) printing the prices of each individual item in the package, or 3) print both. I was going to print a price by each line item in the package but I showed a sample estimate to my wife and she said "what are you selling? Do you want people to call you back and say I just want this round and that round." So now I am just printing the package total. If they really don't want a particular item the can call.

inzane
03-14-2014, 10:24 AM
Yeah, that certaintly helps. thank you!!

Inzane, have you played with the printer icon below the last item in your package, on the left side. Click on it, you have the choice of 1)printing the prices for the package total only, 2) printing the prices of each individual item in the package, or 3) print both. I was going to print a price by each line item in the package but I showed a sample estimate to my wife and she said "what are you selling? Do you want people to call you back and say I just want this round and that round." So now I am just printing the package total. If they really don't want a particular item the can call.

GW Andy
03-14-2014, 10:42 AM
inzane, Just curious, how are you listing your pricing for your estimates? On my renewal letters I am listing the round discripions that we did last year but just giving them the package price. I'm not sure which way to go for new quotes.

McFarland_Lawn_Care
03-14-2014, 12:02 PM
I am very interested in CLIP but want to have something with SNOW specific dispatch and that can allow clients to login and view/pay invoices etc. I sent them an email but haven't heard back yet. I like SAP, but the things they claim to be working on are slow in progressing. They are more concerned with moving buttons around, changing icons etc which have very little to do with functionality. We aren't big by any stretch, but I wish someone with 3-5 crews would chime in with some feedback on CLIP. Their website doesn't really give much info.

Jason

inzane
03-14-2014, 12:02 PM
Well what i have been using was estimate forms using an excel spreadsheet. They would see the price per app, then the yearly total at the bottom, then the price if they pre-paid. I would just send them the .PDF format in e-mail as an estimate. On my renewel letters it just mentions their per app price, and they can call in if they want to get a price for pre-pay.

Its good that SAP will list each package item, but the text just won't line up in the estimate no matter what i do. It looks un-professional. for something that should have been done by now, i'm still sitting here after an hour trying to get it to look right on the page. :wall:wall

inzane, Just curious, how are you listing your pricing for your estimates? On my renewal letters I am listing the round discripions that we did last year but just giving them the package price. I'm not sure which way to go for new quotes.

klsgc
03-16-2014, 11:41 PM
Well what i have been using was estimate forms using an excel spreadsheet. They would see the price per app, then the yearly total at the bottom, then the price if they pre-paid. I would just send them the .PDF format in e-mail as an estimate. On my renewel letters it just mentions their per app price, and they can call in if they want to get a price for pre-pay.

Its good that SAP will list each package item, but the text just won't line up in the estimate no matter what i do. It looks un-professional. for something that should have been done by now, i'm still sitting here after an hour trying to get it to look right on the page. :wall:wall

Is anyone using service autopilot that has 1 or 2000 fert customers? Has it been able to handle the scheduling and routing of packages properly?
Posted via Mobile Device

inzane
04-03-2014, 06:36 PM
i'm excited that they are adding chem tracking with the next update.. best thing i heard since mcdonalds brought back the Mcrib.. hopefully its worth a dam!

mowing4cash
04-04-2014, 02:46 PM
I am ready for automations. I have been waiting for this for a long time. Only thing is when a new feature comes out I am always asking for something else.

He did explain it pretty good in the video about how he has so many request for different things from so many different size companies that it is hard to get to it all and basically make everybody happy. Hopefully they will focus hard on working on the bugs in the system in the next couple of months.

Overall still the best system out there IMO

inzane
04-05-2014, 10:27 AM
so does anyone know anything about this latest update? Not sure why i thought they were adding pesticide tracking.. I guess that is comming soon. I can't find that video from the other day or i'd re-watch it.. i think i misunderstood it. so yeah, they updated 200 things but i don't notice anything different besides the client list. big deal. I'm ready for some chem app tracking.

whiffyspark
04-05-2014, 11:13 AM
so does anyone know anything about this latest update? Not sure why i thought they were adding pesticide tracking.. I guess that is comming soon. I can't find that video from the other day or i'd re-watch it.. i think i misunderstood it. so yeah, they updated 200 things but i don't notice anything different besides the client list. big deal. I'm ready for some chem app tracking.

Lmao

Chemical tracking was supposed to be added 3 years ago..hopefully you get it soon

They always had "major updates"

We're using jobber now. We used just quick books last year cause I dropped SAP and never got around to researching
Posted via Mobile Device

mowing4cash
04-05-2014, 11:22 AM
Chem tracking is suppose to be up in a week. I think they want you to do a training before they will turn it on. Do not know how the plan on training everyone.
Posted via Mobile Device

inzane
04-05-2014, 12:34 PM
well i always feel like i'm left in the dark with whats going on with updates.. every now and then i get a notification on the my day area.. but how do you get the info of when these features will be put into place? I didn't even know the mobile app came out until i saw a post on lawnsite. I never saw any notification for that. the video the other day looked great, alot of new features that i had no clue about.. i search the site and the video and anything about the chem tracking or new features is gone. i guess i'm not looking into the right place.

and when the heck are they gonna fix the company logo on the client portal.. they came on here and said it was a priority to get fixed (that was over a month ago). they never changed that either. lol. go figure. guess i should stop nit picking and glad the issues aren't to bad.. because if i had to get in touch with customer support i know that would be damn near impossible..

mowing4cash
04-05-2014, 06:25 PM
They never announced the app. It is still a work in progress. I figure everyone using is just beta testers.
Posted via Mobile Device

h20seeder
04-05-2014, 06:36 PM
When was the last video posted? I never saw it?? When was the last update? I may not be getting anything? Thanks

McFarland_Lawn_Care
04-05-2014, 08:08 PM
All the needless moving of things around needs to stop, and focus on functionality. For example, the tag words under each customer, you used to be able to simply type them in. Now they have "improved" it so that you have to click "add tag" then you have to select your tags or add a new one, then click save. This is actually way more work - what for? to look cooler??? It's getting frustrating. Fix what needs fixing, but stop messing around with stuff just for the sake of changing the look of stuff!!! JM2C

JSMLAWNCARE
04-07-2014, 05:52 PM
I need some help/advice. I paused all of my, grass cutting, recurring jobs in December and they went back active in March. However, they have never showed up on the Dispatch Board. Does anybody know how I can make that happen with out spending hours rescheduling all of those jobs? Thanks in advance!

inzane
04-07-2014, 08:04 PM
what is up with customer numbers. do you have to manual enter them and thats the only way? mabee something i'm missing. other software i've used the customer number was created as you entered in a new customer. however that is not the case in service autopilot. i figured i have something set wrong. Also its messed up that it creates an account name automatically for the client portal, its pretty random and hard to remember user names. i wish they could just make it automatically the customers e-mail address or phone number as a user name for the portal.

McFarland_Lawn_Care
04-07-2014, 09:58 PM
I think the usernames and passwords are random - that way the client can change them to whatever they prefer.