PDA

View Full Version : Crazy weather

Florida Gardener
02-02-2011, 05:31 PM
Wow, we have 4 days in a row of near 80 highs, it is FEB!!! What gives?! I really don't want winter to end.....
Posted via Mobile Device

Landscape Poet
02-02-2011, 07:29 PM
Wow, we have 4 days in a row of near 80 highs, it is FEB!!! What gives?! I really don't want winter to end.....
Posted via Mobile Device

I am not ready for winter to end either...but this has been my thought for awhile. I have a feeling spring is getting ready to come real quick. Seeing new growth on a lot of plants.

Florida Gardener
02-02-2011, 07:40 PM
Yea me too Mike. I remember last winter lasted until the end of April.....I was hoping for one more freeze but that looks like a pipe dream at this point. As long as we still get somewhat cooler temps until end of march I'll be OK
Posted via Mobile Device

punt66
02-02-2011, 07:50 PM
hahahah we have 60" of snow on the ground up here! uughhh enjoy it guys!

Ric
02-02-2011, 09:30 PM
COLD IS A RELATIVE THING. .. .

At 65 degrees above zero:
People in Florida turn on the heat.
People in Alaska plant gardens.

At 60 degrees above zero:
People in California shiver uncontrollably.
People in Alaska sunbathe.

At 50 degrees above zero:
Italian and English cars won't start.
People in Alaska drive with the windows down.

At 40 degrees above zero:
People in Georgia don coats, thermal underwear, gloves, and wool hats.
People in Alaska throw on a flannel shirt.

At 35 degrees above zero:
New York landlords finally turn up the heat.
People in Alaska have the last cookout before it gets cold.

At 20 degrees above zero:
People in Miami all die.
People in Alaska close the windows.

At zero degrees:
People in Arizona fly away to Mexico.
People in Alaska get out their winter coats.

At 10 degrees below zero:
Hollywood disintegrates.
Girl Scouts in Alaska are selling cookies door to door.

At 20 degrees below zero:
Washington, DC, runs out of hot air.
People in Alaska let the dogs sleep indoors.

At 30 degrees below zero:
Santa Claus abandons the North Pole.
Alaskans get upset because they can't start the snowmobile.

At 40 degrees below zero:
ALL atomic motion stops.
People in Alaska start saying, "Cold enough for ya?"

At 50 degrees below zero:
Hell freezes over.
Alaska public schools will open 2 hours late.

abrightday
02-02-2011, 09:36 PM
So,,when are you moving to Alaska Ric?:walking:

greendoctor
02-03-2011, 04:34 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

It has gone over 80 every day where I am at. Some days, the actual temp went near 90 and this was in January. The land of endless summer.

Florida Gardener
02-03-2011, 11:23 AM
Wow, I would hate to live there then..... I wouldn't want blizzards and piles of snow every winter either, but at least some semblance that it is winter. It is too hot and humid in Florida for too many months to not have a few months of nice weather....
Posted via Mobile Device

fl-landscapes
02-03-2011, 01:26 PM
key west has never had a 100 degree day and never has had a day below 32....that may be the perfect climate....I think Aruba is the same way

fl-landscapes
02-03-2011, 01:30 PM
I stand corrected, key west reached 100 ONE TIME in 1886 and its all time low is 41 http://www.weather.com/outlook/travel/businesstraveler/wxclimatology/monthly/graph/USFL0244

greendoctor
02-03-2011, 02:10 PM
Wow, I would hate to live there then..... I wouldn't want blizzards and piles of snow every winter either, but at least some semblance that it is winter. It is too hot and humid in Florida for too many months to not have a few months of nice weather....
Posted via Mobile Device

Nice winter weather for me is when the temperatures drop in the the 60s or 70 at night. That is how it is right now. I start the day at 70. Bad is when it is 80 and 80% RH and it is only 7 in the morning.

fl-landscapes
02-03-2011, 03:05 PM
Nice winter weather for me is when the temperatures drop in the the 60s or 70 at night. That is how it is right now. I start the day at 70. Bad is when it is 80 and 80% RH and it is only 7 in the morning.

we get that in the summer, it's brutal!

Landscape Poet
02-03-2011, 03:07 PM
we get that in the summer, it's brutal!

Yep, I dread walking out of the house in that type of weather. The type were you are already sweating from just hitching up the trailer in the morning. 9 quarts of gatoraid later your day is almost done:cry: It is coming very soon I tell you.

Ric
02-03-2011, 04:02 PM
I am not a fan of 99% Humidity Etc but I made a decision to move back to South Florida many years ago because I don't like cold weather. You can't have it both ways. Way back when I started and was working longer hours. I would split my day and lay out during the heat of the day. My customer saw me in the early morning then in the late after early evening as they took walks. Of course never knowing I went swimming in the middle of day to refresh. I pick up some good customer that way.

gregory
02-03-2011, 07:42 PM
i am sure we will get another cold spell if not it wont hurt my feelings. i like the yard to be nice and green and dont mind working out in it. its real hard to beat the winters down here. thats when i get most of my projects done.

South Florida Lawns
02-03-2011, 09:30 PM
Maybe I'm a little crazy but I love the heat, I always say I'd rather be sweating. I absolutely hate the cold, don't like jackets much or bundling up. When its 40 out and that wind hits you and just goes right through your carhart, not my cup of tea. Its all kinda funny because I was born in Ohio and lived in the Midwest for half my life. I'll take sun over snow!

Landscape Poet
02-03-2011, 09:32 PM
Maybe I'm a little crazy but I love the heat, I always say I'd rather be sweating. I absolutely hate the cold, don't like jackets much or bundling up. When its 40 out and that wind hits you and just goes right through your carhart, not my cup of tea. Its all kinda funny because I was born in Ohio and lived in the Midwest for half my life. I'll take sun over snow!

I am with you but from a profitability standpoint, I enjoy the cold. As far as perfect climate to live I am thinking Orange County CA not Orange County FL.

Patriot Services
02-04-2011, 05:31 PM
So who are the 56% that think it ain't spring yet?
Posted via Mobile Device

Landscape Poet
02-04-2011, 05:43 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

Not sure because I did not make the results of the poll public, but I am guessing it might be our North Florida lawnsite members. I am sure some of them are a couple of weeks behind us in central similar to us being behind the boys in the south.

Landscape Poet
02-04-2011, 05:44 PM
Not sure because I did not make the results of the poll public, but I am guessing it might be our North Florida lawnsite members. I am sure some of them are a couple of weeks behind us in central similar to us being behind the boys in the south.

Speaking of which, do you guys up in northern Florida have a harder time selling yearly maint?

zturncutter
02-04-2011, 08:34 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

I am, I guess it depends on what you consider spring, next week we have several days forecast to have lows in the 40's and highs in the 60's in my location.

South Florida Lawns
02-04-2011, 10:05 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

Oh might be me I didn't vote. kinda missed that.