PDA

View Full Version : Just Purchased Gravely Compact Pro 34

lukespapa
02-02-2011, 05:13 PM
Just wanted to let everyone know that I just purchased a new Gravely Compact Pro 34, with factory mulch kit installed. The dealer will get it ready tomorrow, and I will go pick up this Friday around noon.

Just wanted to thank all of the posters here for leading me to the right decision. I was down to the Exmark Phazer and the Pro 34. When I found out that the Phazer has been discontinued, and this mower is over $500 less, the decision was really easy. Plus, there are many things I like better about this mower, like the hydraulic motor drives vs transaxle.

So thanks again. I will take some pictures and post this weekend. I think the freezing rain will stop by then.:)

Mowingman
02-02-2011, 05:41 PM
I would not count on that. I think another winter storm is headed your way tomorrow or Friday.

I think the freezing rain will stop by then.:)

fatboynormmie
02-02-2011, 07:55 PM
Congrats. on your new mower !

Chevy z71
02-02-2011, 07:58 PM
Cant wait to see.

cvcook
02-02-2011, 10:19 PM
Me too, might be buying one this weekend also!:drinkup:

Thunderhead
02-02-2011, 10:28 PM
Just wanted to let everyone know that I just purchased a new Gravely Compact Pro 34, with factory mulch kit installed. The dealer will get it ready tomorrow, and I will go pick up this Friday around noon.

Just wanted to thank all of the posters here for leading me to the right decision. I was down to the Exmark Phazer and the Pro 34. When I found out that the Phazer has been discontinued, and this mower is over $500 less, the decision was really easy. Plus, there are many things I like better about this mower, like the hydraulic motor drives vs transaxle.

So thanks again. I will take some pictures and post this weekend. I think the freezing rain will stop by then.:)

CONGRATULATIONS!! Take care of it! Post stome pics!

Yes, we do got a winter storm headed our way tomorrow thru Friday. All of the local schools in my parish and surrounding parishes and government offices are closed tomorrow and probably will be Friday also...

Wecutgrass
02-02-2011, 11:26 PM
Woop woop! Your going to love it.
Posted via Mobile Device

BINKY1902
02-02-2011, 11:31 PM
I want one of those 34z's bad. I think by next year I'm going to end up with a 34" and a 60" Gravely. I love my 52" but everywhere I go with it I could have a 60" in there.

zima
02-03-2011, 08:50 AM
I think i want one also ! instead of :walking:

lukespapa
02-04-2011, 07:21 AM
OK...going to pick up my Gravely Compact Pro 34 at around noon today [that's if the freezing rain stays to the west of New Orleans as it has been]

Any final bits of advice and/or questions to ask the dealer? I know to ask about ethanol in the gas and whether to use stabilizer. I think I will also ask about extra holes for 1/4" increments as some commenters noted on another thread.

All comments / questions welcome.

I will post pictures this weekend, as it is supposed to be sunny tomorrow.

ShooterK2
02-04-2011, 07:56 AM
Just post some pics after you get it. We're all dying to see.

Wecutgrass
02-04-2011, 10:40 AM
I feel like a tren setter I go buy one now the whole world wants one.
Posted via Mobile Device

Fleur De Lawn
02-04-2011, 12:11 PM
I have had one for 4 years now they are great. just stay on your side of the lake and everything will be alright.

ShooterK2
02-04-2011, 01:02 PM
I have had one for 4 years now they are great. just stay on your side of the lake and everything will be alright.

UH OH........... If this turns into a Hatfield vs. McCoy fued, we will DEFINITELY be needing some pics!! You can even have the mower in the background, if you want.......

Wecutgrass
02-04-2011, 01:06 PM
are y'all from the new Orleans area?
Posted via Mobile Device

lukespapa
02-04-2011, 06:06 PM
OK..got the mower home and took a few pictures. Let's see if I can figure this out. This is one awesome machine!

a clear difference lawn
02-04-2011, 06:11 PM
Congratulations! You are going to love this mower! :)

Wecutgrass
02-04-2011, 06:13 PM
I want a brand new one ):
Posted via Mobile Device

Mowingman
02-04-2011, 06:18 PM
Very nice. That will be a real real money maker there for you.

BINKY1902
02-04-2011, 07:00 PM
Those are some heavy duty little machines, love how they put the huge front caster tires on them. They help the ride as well. My Gravely dealer is in West Monroe and I've been very happy with them thus far. I went down and looked at their inventory the other day. They had a 34Z with the chrome wheel covers on it, and it looked pretty dang cool.

cvcook
02-04-2011, 07:31 PM
Looks good, I will decide if I'm gonna make that purchase tomorrow when I check one out

ShooterK2
02-04-2011, 07:38 PM
Good looking machine you got there. Something like that would be ideal where I live, as the gates are about 36" wide at almost all my accounts. Post some pics after the season starts, if you don't mind. I'd love to see the cut it leaves, and hear a review after a couple months of use.

lukespapa
02-06-2011, 06:04 AM
OK...need some advice. So I tested out my new mower when I got it home by cutting the empty lot that is across the street from my home. It was very wet, and of course I have the mulch kit. So I looked under the deck yesterday, and it is caked with grass. Need some advice of how to get this off without standing on my head with my hose. Can you guys share any tricks to make this a bit easier?

Also, I cut a yard yesterday that had just a lot of weeds growing, and I noticed that the back wheels left an impression. Of course it was beautiful sunny weather here yesterday, but the ground is still very mushy. I am hoping this will not happen once we get to spring? Any comments?

Man, this thing is built like a tank. When I look at the homeowner types they sell at Home Depot, I just chuckle :)

A couple more pictures:

groundskeeperllc
02-06-2011, 07:07 AM
anytime you mow St. Aug in the winter when its dormant or any type of grass, its dead do when you run it over its not going to pop back up, as far as buildup when mulching, its just part of it ,try waiting til the grass is less damp, nice purchase by the way

lukespapa
02-06-2011, 07:22 AM
anytime you mow St. Aug in the winter when its dormant or any type of grass, its dead do when you run it over its not going to pop back up, as far as buildup when mulching, its just part of it ,try waiting til the grass is less damp, nice purchase by the way

Thanks for the reply. This is my first rider/ZTR, so I was a bit worried.

As far as waiting to be "less damp", you know what they say about a grown man and his new toys :laugh:

groundskeeperllc
02-06-2011, 08:24 AM
Sometimes if i know there is alot of buildup, ill raise and lower the deck really hard and alot of buildup will fall out and also if you pop a few small wheelies it will clean it out good enough finish the day without having to clean deck by hand,I know this is not the proper way to do this but it works for me.

dhardin53
02-06-2011, 08:53 AM
Quick tip on how to clean out a grass packed deck. lower the ramp on your trailer and drive only one wheel of the fount on the ramp. Center the mower over the far right end of the ram, pull onto the ramp till the back wheel is about a foot from the ramp. Raise deck all the way up. Stop shut off the mower and set breaks. Exit mower to the left.

Now with a good long handled scraper you can lay on the ground and reach under the mower deck. Also to be safe I put a block of wood behind the back tire just in case the brake gives way. I found a stainless steel barbecue spatula works great. (find them on clearance racks all the time) Its not a good idea to clean the deck in the street in front of your customers house unless you pick up the clumps of grass.

I can usually reach most the way across my 60" deck this way, but your little deck should be a snap. Good luck have fun the your new mower.

a clear difference lawn
02-06-2011, 09:03 AM
http://brutttires.stores.yahoo.net/catu4si201.html Wider tires really help with the rutting and they will fit the stock rims.

lukespapa
02-06-2011, 09:06 AM
Thanks groundskeeperllc & dhardin53 for both tips. I will try them both later today. I knew there had to be an easier way.

From now on, I will not be so tempted to go and try out my new toy when the grass is so wet [ well actually it was raining :) ]

dhardin53
02-06-2011, 09:19 AM
I don't blame you for wanting to go for a spin, I would ....

Plugged decks are a way of life some times. You will fine out how damp of grass you can mow without plugging. It all takes experience. Some mowers are better than others.

SNAPPER MAN
02-06-2011, 09:21 AM
The weight will always be a issue with the sub compact z's and standers. That's one of the main reasons I sold my 32" stander. I would try the wide tires and see if that helps. Also take the mulch kit off and just put on the blocker plate. With the blocker plate just mow in a circle and you will have no problems.
Posted via Mobile Device

fatboynormmie
02-06-2011, 01:10 PM
The stock rear tires are to narrow IMO.They rut really bad in wet conditions.I followed (a clear difference lawns )suggestions on switching to the 20x10x10 tires and it made a huge difference in rutting and also made the unit more comfortable to ride (softened the ride).I believe the width between larger wheels is now 35" so fitting through 36" gates is still no problem for me . Plus if its a tight fit the tires have room deflect some.Loosing trim edge with larger tires is not a factor to me as I found no real loss.

Always liked the idea of mulching but found it didn't work out for me in my region.I too found it clumped badly under the deck with the mulching kit.That's why I took it right back off.I made my own shoot blocker and mulch when conditions are ideal but side discharge most of the time.As far as lifting mower to scrape I bought an (Ohio Steel ztr lift)$160.00 from TSC .Also I definitely recommend Fluid Film for all your mower decks.

fatboynormmie
02-06-2011, 01:26 PM
OK...need some advice. So I tested out my new mower when I got it home by cutting the empty lot that is across the street from my home. It was very wet, and of course I have the mulch kit. So I looked under the deck yesterday, and it is caked with grass. Need some advice of how to get this off without standing on my head with my hose. Can you guys share any tricks to make this a bit easier?

Also, I cut a yard yesterday that had just a lot of weeds growing, and I noticed that the back wheels left an impression. Of course it was beautiful sunny weather here yesterday, but the ground is still very mushy. I am hoping this will not happen once we get to spring? Any comments?

Man, this thing is built like a tank. When I look at the homeowner types they sell at Home Depot, I just chuckle :)

A couple more pictures:

Hey lukespapa just fyi in the photo's I see they have the stop bolts for the handles are adjusted way in, limiting your forward speed.These 34z's really fly for there size.As you get better at driving it you may find you want more speed and its there for you.ALSO those stops are also used to adjust the machines tracking for straight travel so if it off alittle you can adjust each side easily . Before adjusting tracking always check tire air pressure first as this can cause tracking issues as well.

lukespapa
02-06-2011, 06:44 PM
.....Also I definitely recommend Fluid Film for all your mower decks.

Not to sound too dumb, but what is 'Fluid Film'?

Also, I notice in another post, you mentioned the arm stops for the forward speed. I can tell you I have run it at full speed with present adjustments, and it is scary fast for me. I cannot imagine going any faster, but I may try your suggestion with more experience.

And the issue about the tire impression I posted about earlier, I think another poster this morning about the dormant grass not bouncing back up is correct. I looked at the lawn today and the impressions are no longer visible. I will see what happens this spring. If the problem persists, I will try the wider tires.

a clear difference lawn
02-06-2011, 08:12 PM
Not to sound too dumb, but what is 'Fluid Film'?

Also, I notice in another post, you mentioned the arm stops for the forward speed. I can tell you I have run it at full speed with present adjustments, and it is scary fast for me. I cannot imagine going any faster, but I may try your suggestion with more experience.

And the issue about the tire impression I posted about earlier, I think another poster this morning about the dormant grass not bouncing back up is correct. I looked at the lawn today and the impressions are no longer visible. I will see what happens this spring. If the problem persists, I will try the wider tires.

http://www.kellsportproducts.com/ You can read all about fluid film at this site. Also, be very careful on slopes if you use the stock tires. Good luck and enjoy your new mower!

lukespapa
02-06-2011, 08:35 PM
http://www.kellsportproducts.com/ You can read all about fluid film at this site. Also, be very careful on slopes if you use the stock tires. Good luck and enjoy your new mower!

So clear difference, did you spray this 'fluid film' on your decks? Underside only? or both sides? Also, did you put the wider tires on your Gravely's? Do you need to go to a tire dealer to change the tires?

fatboynormmie
02-06-2011, 09:48 PM
And the issue about the tire impression I posted about earlier, I think another poster this morning about the dormant grass not bouncing back up is correct. I looked at the lawn today and the impressions are no longer visible. I will see what happens this spring. If the problem persists, I will try the wider tires

You start cutting the same yards every week and you will start to see ruts trust me.Sometimes due to obstacles in the yard as well as yard layout you really can't change your cutting patterns.The larger tires really help out with rutting. I can change my own tires but I'm very mechanically inclined .If your not, take them to a local tire shop they usually only charge you a few bucks.

Fluid film is a great product.I use it for under the deck as well as on top of the deck.I wipe my mower down with and it kinda wax's the paint.It's also great for making plastic's and tanks look new.

fatboynormmie
02-06-2011, 10:01 PM
A clear difference lawn was the pioneer in the larger tire change. He documented it in a thread and gave great pics and directions.You might want to do a search.The tire change made a big difference to me.Due to rutting, I wasn't using the mower all spring but with the tire change I now can use the 34z way more.I think it was the single best upgrade to the mower so far.Thanks a clear difference lawn

lukespapa
02-07-2011, 06:56 AM
A clear difference lawn was the pioneer in the larger tire change. He documented it in a thread and gave great pics and directions.You might want to do a search.The tire change made a big difference to me.Due to rutting, I wasn't using the mower all spring but with the tire change I now can use the 34z way more.I think it was the single best upgrade to the mower so far.Thanks a clear difference lawn

Normmie & clear difference, thanks for all of the good info. As far as changing the tires, are they easy enough to get off and on to the rims? What tools are required? I know on car tires, they use this machine to stretch the tire around. What do you use for these?

As far as the fluid film, I assume I can get a spray can for under the deck?

Thanks again.

lukespapa
02-07-2011, 05:37 PM
Repost to bump:

Normmie & clear difference, [or anyone else] thanks for all of the good info. As far as changing the tires, are they easy enough to get off and on to the rims? What tools are required? I know on car tires, they use this machine to stretch the tire around. What do you use for these?

Thanks again.

fatboynormmie
02-07-2011, 09:58 PM
Normmie & clear difference, thanks for all of the good info. As far as changing the tires, are they easy enough to get off and on to the rims? What tools are required? I know on car tires, they use this machine to stretch the tire around. What do you use for these?

Thanks again.

I bought a manual tire changer from harbor freight and it works great.Also picked up some tire spoons from there as well.There are some video's on youtube to show you how it works.The warmer the tire the easier it is to work with and use soapy water or tire lube.It's not hard it just takes a little practice.

Fluid film can be gotten in bulk 1 gal and 5 gal pails as well as aerosol cans.Aerosol cans are probably easiest to get an use.I bought a gallon and spray it out of an old paint gun and that can has gone a long way.It's cheaper going bulk.I use a lot of FF in the spring as well as fall. Mostly when its more damp and grass cakes the underside.It's not needed as much in the summer time.

lukespapa
02-08-2011, 07:52 AM
I bought a manual tire changer from harbor freight and it works great.Also picked up some tire spoons from there as well.There are some video's on youtube to show you how it works.The warmer the tire the easier it is to work with and use soapy water or tire lube.It's not hard it just takes a little practice.

Fluid film can be gotten in bulk 1 gal and 5 gal pails as well as aerosol cans.Aerosol cans are probably easiest to get an use.I bought a gallon and spray it out of an old paint gun and that can has gone a long way.It's cheaper going bulk.I use a lot of FF in the spring as well as fall. Mostly when its more damp and grass cakes the underside.It's not needed as much in the summer time.

I ordered the wider tires yesterday. I will bring to our local mechanic that does our oil changes and tire rotations to do this for me. I know both you and clear difference said they fit on the stock rims, and boy I am hoping that is correct. Because I look at the pictures of the Compact Pro 44 with the wider tires, and these rims are definitely wider than the 34. Can either of you post a picture of your machine with these wider tires on the stock rims?

And if for some reason they do not fit, can you tell me where to buy wider rims?

a clear difference lawn
02-09-2011, 02:57 AM
They fit - here is the compact pro with 20x10x10's on it

lukespapa
02-09-2011, 11:37 AM
They fit - here is the compact pro with 20x10x10's on it

So you have about 1/4" to 1/2" clear? Did you have to grind anything on the frame? Do the tires ever rub on the frame?

Thanks for all the help.

cvcook
02-09-2011, 04:29 PM
looks like no more scraping dog sh!t off the tires w/that clearence j/k but hey, as long a they don't rub that's all that matters right?

fatboynormmie
02-09-2011, 04:58 PM
These are the areas that needed some clearance and they are on each side of the tank bracket.

a clear difference lawn
02-09-2011, 05:08 PM
looks like no more scraping dog sh!t off the tires w/that clearence j/k but hey, as long a they don't rub that's all that matters right?

That's hilarious!! Dog sh!t actually does get scraped off by those brackets all the time. It is a little less than 1/4 inch clearance.

fatboynormmie
02-09-2011, 05:17 PM
Thanks for the pics a clear diff. My units buried in the shop right behind some of my other equip. and I couldn't get any pics snapped.

a clear difference lawn
02-09-2011, 05:18 PM
A couple more from a better angle

cvcook
02-09-2011, 09:57 PM
So........ excactly what's the width now w/ these tires?

a clear difference lawn
02-09-2011, 10:42 PM
So........ excactly what's the width now w/ these tires?

35 inches on the dot. Actually, I still have a tiny bit of trim edge on the left but the tire overhangs the deck slightly on the right. I never trim with the right side of the mower anyway.

cvcook
02-09-2011, 11:46 PM
Wow, 35" wide w/ 10" tires.....gotta love that! :clapping:

lukespapa
02-10-2011, 08:23 AM
35 inches on the dot. Actually, I still have a tiny bit of trim edge on the left but the tire overhangs the deck slightly on the right. I never trim with the right side of the mower anyway.

Would you [or anyone] happen to know the width of these rims? Are they 5-1/2"? What I would like to do is have these tires mounted on another set of rims, and just change the entire wheel. And I could have a set of 'spares' if need be. Can you help? Thx.

lukespapa
02-21-2011, 07:44 PM
Would you [or anyone] happen to know the width of these rims? Are they 5-1/2"? What I would like to do is have these tires mounted on another set of rims, and just change the entire wheel. And I could have a set of 'spares' if need be. Can you help? Thx.

Just wanted to give an update. I purchased the 20x10x10 tires; and had these tires mounted on new 6" wide rims [pictures attached]. These rims are offset more to the outside, so the out to out in the rear is about 37-1/2". I can easily change the back tires to put the stock wheels back on if I need to get through a narrow gate. For what I do now, this setup is just fine.

The 6" rims have the center mounting plate exactly in the middle, so the clearance between the new tires and the frame is about the same as the stock tires. I may tweek some more in the future with my setup.

Big thanks to clear difference and normmie for all of the help and advice. I really love this machine.

a clear difference lawn
02-21-2011, 08:15 PM
Looks great!!! Ready to do some serious mowing. Best of luck to you!

a clear difference lawn
02-21-2011, 08:21 PM
Here is a link to some lawns I cut friday with the compact pro. http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=341218

fatboynormmie
02-21-2011, 08:24 PM
That outta give you a little more hill stability.If your not having any any issues with getting into gate's then your in tall cotton.I would have issue's with some of my gate's so it's a no go for me on the wider wheels .Btw where did you get the rims and how much were they .Figured someone on here would like to know.The only thing I would have done to the wheel's if they were mine would have been to paint them grey before mounting the tires.But that's me.Thank's for the pics and info.

lukespapa
02-21-2011, 08:43 PM
That outta give you a little more hill stability.If your not having any any issues with getting into gate's then your in tall cotton.I would have issue's with some of my gate's so it's a no go for me on the wider wheels .Btw where did you get the rims and how much were they .Figured someone on here would like to know.The only thing I would have done to the wheel's if they were mine would have been to paint them grey before mounting the tires.But that's me.Thank's for the pics and info.

Norm, I bought the wheels same place as the tires, Brutt Specialty Tires

http://brutttires.stores.yahoo.net/

They are not listed on their website, so I e-mailed them to ask about rims and they told me they sold them. The 6" wide rims were $25 each. They are very helpful at this site. I would definitely recommend them to anyone. [Just so everyone knows, the stock rims are 5-1/2"].

I was in such a hurry to try the new wheels, didn't even think of the color difference. I can always paint them at a later date. With my floor jack, and impact wrench, I can change the wheels in about 5 minutes. Not NASCAR speed, but plenty fast enough for me :)

Thanks again for all the help. This is fun.

lukespapa
02-21-2011, 08:52 PM
Here is a link to some lawns I cut friday with the compact pro. http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=341218

Man, those lawns look really nice. Hard to believe that you discharge and not mulch. No sign of grass clippings.

I see you bought a new Stihl blower. I was thinking of this one or the similar Shindaiwa? Did you give any thought to the Shindaiwa?

a clear difference lawn
02-21-2011, 08:53 PM
This is really nitpicky - but you can turn that remote air filter so it faces straight up. I think it looks better. I plan on painting my rims gravely red if I can ever find the time.

a clear difference lawn
02-21-2011, 08:57 PM
Man, those lawns look really nice. Hard to believe that you discharge and not mulch. No sign of grass clippings.

I see you bought a new Stihl blower. I was thinking of this one or the similar Shindaiwa? Did you give any thought to the Shindaiwa?

My dealer carries and services stihl so I have never eally gotten much else, as I prefer to do all of my business at the same place. So far I have been really pleased with the br600.

lukespapa
03-01-2011, 07:15 PM
My dealer carries and services stihl so I have never eally gotten much else, as I prefer to do all of my business at the same place. So far I have been really pleased with the br600.

As an update, I purchased a BR600 Magnum last week, and I really like this blower.

Also, I was investigating purchasing the Eliminator blades, and I found out they no longer sell them...

http://www.tracksplus.com/mower-blades.asp

They said they did not have enough orders to keep the manufacturer busy.

Wecutgrass
03-01-2011, 08:08 PM
I have a br 600 magnum And I'm not a big fan of it
Posted via Mobile Device

Behindbars
03-15-2011, 04:10 PM
What is the bolt pattern on these wheels? And zero offset?

lukespapa
03-16-2011, 09:42 AM
What is the bolt pattern on these wheels? And zero offset?

The bolt pattern is 5 @ 4-1/2" centers. I am not sure I know what you mean by zero offset??

Behindbars
03-17-2011, 06:20 PM
The bolt pattern is 5 @ 4-1/2" centers. I am not sure I know what you mean by zero offset??

Zero offset means that the wheels center is "centered" :confused: Anyways I contacted brutt tires and ordered a set of 10x6 with 0 offset and 20x10x10 turfmasters. What PSI are ya'll running in that tire? Hopefully this tire will cut down on tearing up yards.

lukespapa
03-17-2011, 07:44 PM
Zero offset means that the wheels center is "centered" :confused: Anyways I contacted brutt tires and ordered a set of 10x6 with 0 offset and 20x10x10 turfmasters. What PSI are ya'll running in that tire? Hopefully this tire will cut down on tearing up yards.

This is exactly what I ordered from Brutt, rims and tires. I run ~15 psi. I think a clear difference runs 12-15 psi.

I used my mower twice after I bought it in February, and noticed 'ruts' from the back tires. That's when I came to this site and started reading of how to fix this. These new tires leave no 'ruts'. One thing you may want to do is remove the stock spacers to give mimimum distance between the back tires.

As another bit of info, I ordered another set of tires and had them mounted on the stock rims which are 5-1/2" wide [just to have another set]. To make these work without rubbing, I ordered a set of 7/16" spacers from Summit Racing..

http://www.summitracing.com/search/brand/Mr-Gasket/Product-Line/Mr-Gasket-Wheel-Spacers/?autoview=SKU

This all works with clearance of about 1/16" to 1/8" between the tires and the frame, and the distance between the back tires in this configuration is right at 36".

You will love these tires, and it really enhances the ride and look of the mower. Please post pictures once you get it all together.

nola lawn maintenance
08-17-2011, 03:41 PM
Can anyone tell me the brand of tire you are purchasing in 20x10x10 size for the Gravely 34? What is the best one out there? If it was mentioned i must have missed it. Thanks

nola lawn maintenance
08-17-2011, 03:46 PM
lukespappa, the tires that are on the Gravely (not the ones on the trailer gate) look real good. Are they the same tires as the ones on the trailer gate? What brand and where did u get them. Awesome looking machine. Thanks for all the good info.

lukespapa
08-17-2011, 03:46 PM
Can anyone tell me the brand of tire you are purchasing in 20x10x10 size for the Gravely 34? What is the best one out there? If it was mentioned i must have missed it. Thanks

They are Carlisle TurfMaster 20x10x10. Like I said in the other thread, I have a set of these on the stock rims with spacers [please see other thread]

lukespapa
08-17-2011, 03:50 PM
lukespappa, the tires that are on the Gravely (not the ones on the trailer gate) look real good. Are they the same tires as the ones on the trailer gate? What brand and where did u get them. Awesome looking machine. Thanks for all the good info.

What you see in that picture is a side by side comparison of the stock tire, and the Carlisle 20x10x10 on the new 6" rims I purchased. The ones on my mower are the Carlisle TurfMaster 20x10x10 on the new 6" wide rims.

nola lawn maintenance
08-17-2011, 04:07 PM
Thanks again. Love that tire. Looks awesome on the Gravely.

lukespapa
06-28-2012, 08:35 PM
I have a question about my Gravely that I am hoping someone can answer. My machine is now about 1.5 yrs old, and I have this issue that I have to keep clicking the starter before it catches, and turns the engine to start. It almost sounds like a loose battery cable, but I have checked the connections, and they all appear tight. It seems to be getting worse. Can anyone give me an idea of what it could be? Has anyone else had this issue?

Appreciate any comments. Thanks.

ericbl
03-05-2013, 11:37 AM
I have a question about my Gravely that I am hoping someone can answer. My machine is now about 1.5 yrs old, and I have this issue that I have to keep clicking the starter before it catches, and turns the engine to start. It almost sounds like a loose battery cable, but I have checked the connections, and they all appear tight. It seems to be getting worse. Can anyone give me an idea of what it could be? Has anyone else had this issue?

Appreciate any comments. Thanks.

Did you get your fix, I had the same issue

lukespapa
03-05-2013, 11:44 AM
Yes, it is a known issue on Gravely. Took it to the dealer, and they installed an additional start kit. The dealers know about this. Call your dealer and describe the problem; they know exactly what to do.
Posted via Mobile Device

ericbl
03-05-2013, 01:51 PM
Already did, quick fix, I was interested in the tire swap, did you use the same rims with the turf masters and spacers?

lukespapa
03-05-2013, 03:27 PM
Yes, I have a set on the stock rims, as well as an additional set on new wider rims. If you search the site for my name, I do believe I included all info with pictures. These tires are quite wide for the stock rims, but it can be done.
Posted via Mobile Device

chuacro
03-07-2013, 02:14 AM
I bought this mower last February and had that problem. At about 85 hours it just would not start. I got it fixed at a Gravely dealer that took over 2 weeks to fix. They said some type of harness needed replaced. I can not remember if it was a warranty or recall issue. Did not cost me any money. Gravely seems to be a great company and if you have issues with dealer contact them. Other than this problem I am happy, happy, happy with this mower.

I MOW ALONE
04-10-2014, 12:57 AM
i assume 20x8x10 tires will fit right on stock rims anyone try this size ?