PDA

View Full Version : Ramps for box truck

TimNNJ
02-02-2011, 06:02 PM
I have googled and looked around this site for ideas for ramps and haven't really found what I am looking for. Anyone have a website, plans or anything for ramps...Thanks for the help

gasracer
02-02-2011, 06:41 PM
Are you wanting full ramps or a Landscape dovetail with a ramp?

TimNNJ
02-02-2011, 07:36 PM
I'm looking for just the ramps. If I buy this truck. But would like some ideas
Posted via Mobile Device

gasracer
02-02-2011, 07:54 PM
Super lawn trucks has some neat ramp kits and most companies that make Landscape beds also make dovetail kits

TimNNJ
02-03-2011, 05:12 PM
talked to super lawn trucks..they don't carry just the ramps anymore..just dove/ramp and the hydro ramps...the truck I am looking at is 18'..I wanted the 16' but this is a good deal...from the ground to the lip is about 3.5' I am guessing or a little more..it seems pretty high..but would need a fold out ramp of some sorts...

I need to find a solution before I buy this truck is all...

gasracer
02-03-2011, 05:27 PM
Do a search for companies that make the Landscape beds and dove tails. I have saw a 2 ft dovetail with 7ft ramps but can't remember who make it.

srl28
02-03-2011, 07:13 PM
Check out traileroutlet.com Theyre local and they manufacture a nice set of fold down ramps for box trucks. Looked into it in the Spring and it was maybe 3k for the whole setup.

TimNNJ
03-10-2011, 10:54 PM
Hey found a local guy to fab me up a ramp...he used the platform for the dovetail and made a ramp for it..which is pretty heavy to be lifting all day..anyone have suggetions for springs..elegator has some pretty cool ones..that look like they may work...I still have to spray it down and wire it off..pics aren't uploading for some reason..will try tomorrow

ant
04-19-2011, 10:40 PM
Hey found a local guy to fab me up a ramp...he used the platform for the dovetail and made a ramp for it..which is pretty heavy to be lifting all day..anyone have suggetions for springs..elegator has some pretty cool ones..that look like they may work...I still have to spray it down and wire it off..pics aren't uploading for some reason..will try tomorrow

post a pic

TimNNJ
04-20-2011, 07:10 AM
Will do..ahh I have to shrink them...will do when I get a chance..