PDA

View Full Version : Jackson Perkins Bankrupt

Az Gardener
02-02-2011, 08:05 PM
I have a large order of David Austin roses that they have not confirmed yet, so I called them again today and found out the reason why is that they are out of roses because Jackson Perkins filed Bankruptcy so nurseries are scrambling to have roses to sell.

It must have just recently happened I called one week to check on availability and they said they were in good shape nothing was sold out. I called a week later and they took my order but would not confirm it or take payment for it :confused: I called a week later they said they were running low and would have to sell some of the varieties to me at retail prices :cry: and one variety they didn't even know if they would have any available at any price. I called today and asked what happened and they told me what was going on. There are going to be a lot of pissed off old ladies.

So If you had plans for a rose garden this spring better get ahead of the curve, try Weeks Roses. Good luck.

JB1
02-02-2011, 08:18 PM
I was at a nursey show last week and a grower was talking about how many growers are hurting and close to losing the farms. I believe you will see more.

Az Gardener
02-02-2011, 08:28 PM
Well they filed BK almost a year ago so I don't know why the rush now... I think the David Austin folks are pulling my leg. Th JP website appears to be still taking orders so I don't know what the real story is.

allinearth
02-04-2011, 08:19 AM
This is interesting. I was talking to a big woody plant grower which was low on a few things. They said there was starting to be a shortage on some material? Hard for me to believe.