PDA

View Full Version : Mulch supplier

jpitts1987
02-03-2011, 11:08 AM
Anyone know of a mulch supplier in/near upstate SC. Im looking at buying in bulk this year since last year i did well over 250 yards without doing any advertising. I was wanting to buy straight from the producer instead of buying from local nurseries and landscape supply companies who are just marking up from their producers cost anyway (correct?) , making their buck off me as well.

Thanks for any pointers, couldnt find any on google

knox gsl
02-03-2011, 11:28 AM
The Mulch Company in Knoxville delivers by the truck load to surrounding areas, it may be worth a call. They have a few 80 yard walking floor trailers.

jpitts1987
02-07-2011, 03:31 PM
Thanks for the info. I contact Parker bark out of NC and they quoted me at $27 per cubic yard for double ground hardwood. thats with an initial order of 300 yards. Am I missing something here? the going rate locally is 22 per cubic yard double ground hardwood and any average joe off the street can buy it at that price. there has to be someone closer or more affordable?

knox gsl
02-07-2011, 03:55 PM
Seems like I was giving 16 Per yard from them last time I went down there but that was only a few yards, a truck load should bring down the price.

backors
02-09-2011, 08:48 PM
Here is a different angle. Tell your local supplier that you want to buy all your mulch from him...in hopes that he will send you business. Many suppliers get calls wanting to know who can install / apply, etc. If you buy from him and he sends you business...good deal. You might pay his 10 percent markup...but you are going to pass it on to the customer, anyway.....right?

Either way -- buy the best mulch you can get.

SDLandscapes VT
02-09-2011, 10:28 PM
Landscaper's Supply in Greenville had a mulch operation when I was there and they had decent prices.....not sure if that would work for you or not