PDA

View Full Version : Lawncare software

gasracer
02-03-2011, 01:11 PM
I have narrowed my search down to these 2 and would like some opinions,pros,cons of them. Thanks
I do my invoicing out of Quicken now.
Gopher pro
Lawn pro
They are very similar.

http://www.lawnprosoftware.com/#
http://www.gophersoftware.com/index.php?page=features

AztlanLC
02-10-2011, 10:06 PM
would definitely not get either I had both programs and they are dinosaurs now, they haven't being updated in so long and have many glitches and bugs, either get QB or groundskeepers

bohiaa
02-11-2011, 05:38 PM
both are fine, not sure about grownskeeper, when I looked at it, it looked to hokey to me.

Lp Makes an update offten, useually a major one every year.

Might wanna use somethign diffrent for the finicial part though

walker-talker
02-11-2011, 06:26 PM
Just out of curiousity, did you check out Lawn Monkey?

gasracer
02-11-2011, 07:42 PM
Just out of curiousity, did you check out Lawn Monkey?

For the price of that software my wife will design her own program to do what we need. She works with excel and Quickbooks everyday.

walker-talker
02-11-2011, 08:21 PM
Yes, it is expensive. If I had to do it all over again, I would probably take a strong look Gopher...but it looks as you already know that.

M&B LAWN CARE
02-12-2011, 01:44 AM
www.landscapebilling.com

i like there program, give customers there own id and password to view there account and print invoices. and its only 5.27 a month

limaint
02-12-2011, 09:18 AM
I've been using Quicken for years and like it for our general projects but it lacked alot for our weekly service jobs...Looked at a lot of different software and decided on grounds keeper pro. they let you use it for upto 5 customers for free to get the feel of it. I like it so far. You can set up routes as well. I use it for our snow plowing as well.

LawnsRUsInc.
02-12-2011, 09:19 AM
I wouldnt go with either! Never update or make improvements. I checked out the landscape billing .com software like that it was easy but didnt do enough for me. I have turfgold now it has some glitches but they are quick to fix issues. It networks in the office and has call center software. Works good for lawn maint and fert but could make some changes for snow removal. Iam not sure how many customers you have but we have over 1000 and that on 3 computers was ahhh 2-3,000 but for less customers i think its 5-800

TMlawncare
02-13-2011, 07:55 PM
Looked at all of them, Real Green was way too expensive. Qxpress Platinum with Quickbooks Pro best combo for lawncare that I have came across.

gene gls
02-13-2011, 09:06 PM
Take a look at Mow Trac, that might be of interest. I haven't tried it, just came accross it a few weeks ago.

sfddelta1
02-14-2011, 12:16 AM
Looked at all of them, Real Green was way too expensive. Qxpress Platinum with Quickbooks Pro best combo for lawncare that I have came across.

i would not trade this for anything. I just qxpress had a iphone app

E

gasracer
02-14-2011, 12:28 AM
I have about decided to create my own calender because the only thing I want to use it for setting my schedule. I do my invoicing out of Quicken and excel.

sfddelta1
02-14-2011, 11:36 AM
i get what you are saying but if you will up grade to quickbooks pro and go with qxpress and you can rent qxpress without having to pay for it so you can try it out you will love it.

If you have several accounts this will greatly help you out because it keeps your schedule for you however you want it to and its very simple if you get rained out to move these to a new day and print a new route list incorporating 2 days into one.

Also at the end of the month or however you do your billing cycle it will take all your completed jobs with a couple clicks of the mouse and automatically create invoices and send them over to quickbooks for you.

It saves me a ton of time
E

gasracer
02-14-2011, 12:02 PM
This maybe true but my wife does this kind of stuff all day long. She runs Quick books and is a excel queen. She finds using Quicken for my operation as easy as doing it through Quick books. It also works with most tax programs.

ant
02-14-2011, 01:39 PM
I
www.billmasternow.com been dealing with this company for over 20 years.

have narrowed my search down to these 2 and would like some opinions,pros,cons of them. Thanks
Gopher pro
Lawn pro
They are very similar.

TMlawncare
02-15-2011, 11:12 PM
This maybe true but my wife does this kind of stuff all day long. She runs Quick books and is a excel queen. She finds using Quicken for my operation as easy as doing it through Quick books. It also works with most tax programs.

We were just telling what works for us. I was under the impression that you might be growing and needing a little more efficient system. Looks like you are staying with your current setup.

gasracer
02-16-2011, 04:33 PM
We were just telling what works for us. I was under the impression that you might be growing and needing a little more efficient system. Looks like you are staying with your current setup.

Growing in customers yes. But i am still not "big". I don't have employees yet either.

Frue
02-18-2011, 08:56 AM
allright. I use quicken home and business for finacial and I use gopher for scheduling and invoicing. This is the best setup I have seen for the price. I have had quickbooks on three diffrent occasions invoicing is cumbersome and the learning curve is outrageous. Quicken prints my catgories on one easy sheet I hand it to the accountant and wella all done. Gopher is the best lawn program out there for scheduling, easy learning curve. I have used lawnpro, groundskeeper pro, and clip none of them compared to gopher. Now qxypress looked intriguing BUT the price tag was too much especially when you consider update fees.
Hope that helps! take it from a guy who has thouroughly studied these programs.

LupineLandscaping
02-18-2011, 12:33 PM
QXpress is excellent software. Go with one that suits your business.

BEWARE, tech support is SLOW to return calls. If we had the same call back policy as them...every single one of us would be out of business!

walker-talker
02-18-2011, 12:57 PM
I use lawn monkey and quicken home and business now. A couple years ago I tried switching over to qxpress and quickbooks. I switched back after about a week or so.

I don't get it, what do you export from qxpress to quickbooks?

Gecko Lawns
02-27-2011, 01:05 AM
I have narrowed my search down to these 2 and would like some opinions,pros,cons of them. Thanks
Gopher pro
Lawn pro
They are very similar.

I have been using excel.

I have been using a layout that I have developed over the last ten years or so.

It works well but has some bugs. I am thinking about using some pre-made software as my spreadsheet will not create invoices and does seem a bit labour intensive at times.

I like to keep track of times and I would prefer an average time showing for each job. (say an average of the last ten cuts).

Does either of these programs do this?

rl53103
03-01-2011, 10:43 PM
Thank you in advance ,,

Does anyone know how to give a credit balance on Lawn Pro ?

I forgot ,,,,I know its very easy but I since forgot !!!!!!!! Thanks again Ray