PDA

View Full Version : Local Magazine Ad

vanncann
02-03-2011, 06:08 PM
Just got this proof from the local magazine. What do you guys thank about it???

JB1
02-03-2011, 06:13 PM
I think I would have got just the one house and not the neighbors too.

vanncann
02-03-2011, 06:22 PM
Hay! I cut grass not photography...:laugh:

Tyner Lawn Service
02-03-2011, 09:25 PM
I'm curious does your website get you alot of work or do you have to promote in ads? Thanks for any input. The ad looks nice.

vanncann
02-03-2011, 09:31 PM
Web is just very slow in this area for lawn care, but I hope it will bring in more eventually.

nylandscapepro
02-06-2011, 04:38 PM
looks nice, but a little wordy, I have advertised in many magazines and you want to have the words to a minium, especially since it looks like a 1/2 page ad people will flip through the ad and right past it because they don't want to stop and read it to get what is being sold. try some pictures of the work instead of words as to what you do.

hope this helps

Az Gardener
02-06-2011, 05:15 PM
Couple of things

The first time I read the add I thought it said Common lawn care obviously not the message your trying to send. Don't have any suggestions just commenting on my interpretation of the add.

Secondly I will tell you my experience with magazine adds is this. People rarely pay attention to the advertisements or the articles even if they like the pictures or contents in the add. That is unless they want to sell you something. A few years ago I really focused on the magazines and I was fortunate enough to get a lot of free publicity in one of the premiere garden magazines in the S/W. At one time I had 4 consecutive months with my homes featured and one was me being interviewed for the entire piece. Typically you get a one paragraph and the occasional blurb here and there. It all came very clear to me when an existing client brought out the magazine and pointed out a picture of how she wanted her Bougainvillea trimmed. I had to laugh because it was the article that was like 6 pages of one of my homes and me being interviewed. I asked he if she read the article and she said she had :confused: but she didn't put 2 and 2 together because she had no Idea that I was the guy in the article.

I can't explain why but everyone who I have ever talked to said the magazines were a waste, great for your ego but a lousy marketing investment. I hope you have better luck. Just for the record I have never gotten a single call from any of my magazine articles.