PDA

View Full Version : Good Service from Landscape Lighting World

JimLewis
02-03-2011, 07:11 PM
I post my honest opinion on companies when I feel they could do better and I do the same when they do something outstanding too.

I wanted to post about a recent experience from Landscape Lighting World. We had been buying some transformers from them late in 2010 because I really liked their Volt toroidal core transformers. Better bang for your buck than any comparable transformer out there.

Well, one of them that we installed ended up with a tap that went bad. I think it was like the 14v tap or something. Just ended up getting sort of fried. I'm not sure why it happened because by the time it came to my attention, one of our technicians had already re-wired everything. I'm kind of thinking maybe he had wired it incorrectly before and put too much amperage on one of the hubs / runs. But no way for me to know for sure what caused it as it had already been re-wired when I got there.

The client ended up wanting even more lighting, so we needed to upgrade to a 1200v transformer. So I ordered a 1200v and just replaced the fried 900v transformer with this new one, so we could add more lighting.

So I was left with a 900v transformer that had a bad (fried, burnt) tap but otherwise still worked just fine. Since it had a lifetime warranty I decided to see if it was something I could get replaced. I was not sure if they'd even go for it, since it was plausible that it was our fault it happened to begin with. But Landscape Lighting World was very generous to take it back without any questions at all and ship me a brand new replacement unit.

That's customer service! So Kudos to them for standing behind the products they sell. I would expect that kind of service from Unique or Cast because they're so dang expensive. But to get that level of service from a place who's prices are actually pretty affordable was a little unexpected. It's not often that you find a great price and great service.

ELumin8
02-09-2011, 08:12 PM
Have you ever dealt with Lite-scape Lighting??? They have a location in WA and in Canada, as well as a new one TBA soon(They wont say where, but will be announcing it very soon).

These guys know landscape lighting inside and out and stock/sell like 30+ brands. Anytime I need a fixture suggestion, rush order, or odd-ball brand they get'r done. Best part is their prices have always been better than the local irrigation or electrical supply chains. I will check out landscape lighting world, thanks for the heads up.

ELumin8
03-01-2011, 08:57 PM
FYI, I just got this email and thought some of you may be interested...

Lite-scape Lighting USA Inc announces the opening of its newest location Tuesday, March1st in Castle Rock, Colorado. This is Lite-scape's third location and its second branch in the USA. The managing partner Bob Webb brings a wealth of experience in the landscape lighting market. "We are excited about the opportunity to expand our presence specifically to meet the growing needs of Landscape Architects and Contractors in the Mountain States," said Jaret Larson, President of Lite-scape. Hours of operation will be 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday. www.lite-scape.com
Lite-scape is a major distributor for outdoor lighting products throughout North America who offers products from leading manufacturers around the world. Lite-scape has been in business since 1998 and has already developed a solid reputation with contractors and specifiers throughout North America. Lite-scape grows by consistently working with architects, builders, landscape contractors, electricians, irrigation contractors, and entrepreneurs who wish to expand their horizons as well as their bottom line.
Everyday landscape lighting professionals rely on Lite-scape for knowledgeable assistance with multiple brand selection, suggestions on lighting techniques, assistance for choosing the right fixture, and fast turn around on rush order items where the deadline is important. Lite-scape is a great place to order your non-stocked or special order items not typically found on the shelves of the local irrigation or electrical supplier. www.lite-scape.com

Lite4
03-01-2011, 09:43 PM
I wasn't really impressed with their website or what I saw of their products. Best thing I saw on the site was Solocki's work pics which are impressive.

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
03-01-2011, 11:00 PM
I wasn't really impressed with their website or what I saw of their products. Best thing I saw on the site was Solocki's work pics which are impressive.

Thanks for the kudos Tim. By the way, it is Solecki... No worries, I have already forgiven you. :)

As for my photos appearing on lite-scape.com ; they came to me about a year ago and asked really nicely and promised to give full photo credits so I figured it was a decent way to get some more exposure.

Have a great day.

Lite4
03-02-2011, 06:09 PM
Oops, sorry brother. I should have checked my spelling better. Really fantastic work though.

J Larson
06-06-2011, 02:06 PM

Hi Tim,

Our web site is growing everyday, the information and product offering is getting better. We would appreciate any suggestions you might have to make it better!

Again thanks to James for the great pictures, they are a huge help!

Jaret