PDA

View Full Version : The new CASE skid steer

ksss
02-04-2011, 02:19 PM
I am back home and the AZ desert was cold as hell. Not the minus 18 as in Idaho but cold at any rate. These machines will be released officially in a couple weeks and so I will not post any pictures of them. Let me get down to the nuts and bolts of this machine.

Productivity: I went down there with a chip on my shoulder concerning loosing the 4.5L engine. I worked the largest machines hard, even taking my own time during other events to maximize my time in them. I am not concerned about lack of power (at least at this elevation, well see about high elevation performance), through the use of better performing drive motors the wheel torque is the same as before on comparable models. Through the use of a better design of sprockets and drives the 120 size chains are not needed as in the 465 and 450 current machines. The torque curve is excellent, recover is very fast. I left AZ totally at ease on the power plant. Considering how pissed I was about losing the 4.5, the 3.2 and 2.2 are excellent motors. The smaller machines blew everyone away by how strong they were. It is unfortunate that as Bobcat Ron has pointed out that CAT will likely be buying these engines as well. Excellent job on engine performance.

Comfort: The new cab is excellent. The wind was blowing at about 25-30 mph. I would purposely dump the dry AZ sand and dirt into the wind to wash the machine in dust and dirt. The cab is very tight. Reportedly tighter than anyone elses cab on the market. I believe it. It is also very quiet. The room in the cab is perfect. Wide enough for room but not too wide as to not be able to see the sides of the machine. The Kubota tracked machine which was there as a comparision could have learned something from this. Ergonomics was good everything is adjustable to the different operators sizes. Heated, air ride seats are nice. The method used to pull clean air into the cab was excellent and I am surprised more don't do something similiar, especially considering how much issue CAT has had with keeping their cabs clean in difficult conditions. Visibity is outstanding.

Control: They come, depending on model with no servos, servos and E/H. The nonservo machines were surprising to me in that they don't have as much push back as I would have expected overall not bad much better than the BC nonservo machine. The servo machines were typical CASE which is to say excellent. Short throws (relative to competition, not compared to pilots or other E/H systems obviously). The real news of course is in the E/H. Overall the system is good, it is responsive and fast. No one has brought their E/H to market and not had to continually evolve the system. I expect the same here. I was happy with most of it. However I really wanted to be able to dial in sensitivity and speed or at least give me (like an excavator) different settings to fit job or operator. That is not present in this release. I guess thats why they don't call it the CASE/KAISER skid steer.

Serviceability: When these machines releases, you can see for yourself easier than I can explain. Even CC will like this machines serviceabilty. All can be done from the rear of the machine. All filters are easy to reach. The cab no longer is a tool free release as on the large current machines you have to release two bolts like the 430 sized machines. Servicing the machine will be a breeze. I still can have my most excellent aspirator. A great deal of thought when into being able to service this machine and it shows. A couple small things would have made it even better, this was from a mulching perspective. I brought those ideas up and who knows maybe they will be added later.

Subjective thoughts This new series was very well done. Perfect? not in my eyes, however this machine will without a doubt grab considerable marketshare. This series will have two high flow options like the old XT did. The standard highflow will be decent, the super high flow will be incredible. This makes me very happy. One thing I noticed about this group of engineers and platform managers is these guys are passionate about this project. Not "this is my job and I need to do it well" passionate, I mean these guys get it. They very competent and I believe truly give shitt about this project. Passion about this machine at all levels was very evident and beyond what I have seen in years past. I have many examples of this, but save to say, it is definetly there.

More to follow

ksss
02-04-2011, 02:41 PM
A couple things worth noting:

The Kubota was extremely disappointing to me. It was the 75 sized machine. I really thought this would be impressive given Kubota's standing in the compact market. The OROPS sucks, the machine is too wide. Push power was unimpressive, breakout was good, control system unimpressive and lift power very unimpressive. I really thought this machine would blow me away, it did not. Not even close. I am curious to see what others think of this machine. I would not own one.

A couple of the star models as I and others saw them. The small 130 sized machine surprised everyone on how capable it was. The 175/185 were also surprising to me, they will sell a lot of these machines without a doubt.

The TR270 which is a vertical lift track machine was very impressive. I wanted one. Very well done, excellent push power, breakout on all these machines is impressive, lift was excellent. Way more powerful than you would expect for this size machine.

The SR250 which is a vertical lift wheeled machine. I spent a lot of time in this machine. I thought this was my favorate wheeled machine, excellent balance, excellent power. I think this machine would be very productive wheeled machine.

After getting back yesterday, I built a machine for order, it is a TR320. They did not have this model there but after running the 270, I felt this machine would replace my 440 VTS perfectly. Whether I will take the machine I am not sure yet. My only hesitation is the work load, I want the machine, it becomes a question of whether picking up a payment book is a good idea right now. But by ordering the machine as I want it I have the option of taking the machine or they will floor it. I need to update my 9020B more than I need a new skid steer but we will see what this Spring brings in the way of work load.

As these machines start to trickle out, they worth a demo. I look forward to hearing what others think.

Digdeep
02-04-2011, 03:22 PM
Shane....how do you think the new machines will be able to perform with the optional aftermarket highflow pressures given that they have a roughly 15% reduction in engine torque?

BTW....great objective fedback. I hope you're right about marketshare. I'd like to see Case make a bit of a comeback. It will be difficult in my area because the Case and NH dealers are so close to each other. They may cannibalize sales off each other.

ksss
02-04-2011, 03:48 PM
Shane....how do you think the new machines will be able to perform with the optional aftermarket highflow pressures given that they have a roughly 15% reduction in engine torque?

BTW....great objective fedback. I hope you're right about marketshare. I'd like to see Case make a bit of a comeback. It will be difficult in my area because the Case and NH dealers are so close to each other. They may cannibalize sales off each other.

The Extreme high flow will be a CASE in house product, not a BIC product. I will PM you on the details.

I am not sure how they plan to keep the NH and CASE dealers from killing each other. Ultimately I don't think CNH will care since either way they are buying a CNH product, the dealers of course will not be so understanding. The two product lines are not identical I was told but I don't think they are significantly different. Please dont ask me to explain that.

SellingIron
02-04-2011, 04:06 PM
Great write up, you spent some time and thought in this. What models did they have of competitive equipment to compare against the new lineup?

ksss
02-04-2011, 04:24 PM
Great write up, you spent some time and thought in this. What models did they have of competitive equipment to compare against the new lineup?

CAT C series, Kubota 75, BC S185 with foot controls, I think they also had an S130 but I did not get to that station.

On the customer clinics I have attended they have a lot more competetive machines. This was to give the dealers and sales guys an idea of what is out there but not a comprehensive comparision as you see in customer clinics.

Dirtwerks
02-04-2011, 05:32 PM
Talking about the different controls Shane, are you saying you have an option of joystick control or the old Case style hand controls or do they also have hand/foot?

Also I assume this machines have 2 speed as an option.

ksss
02-04-2011, 05:43 PM
Talking about the different controls Shane, are you saying you have an option of joystick control or the old Case style hand controls or do they also have hand/foot?

Also I assume this machines have 2 speed as an option.

The tracked machines are E/H only.

Wheeled machines med/large 200 and up size are servo hand controlled or E/H.

The smaller machines are nonservo hand or hand/foot up to 185 size I believe

I am not sure up to what size you can get hand and foot controls. They want to keep the hand/foot guys from BC and NH happy, that was evident by the way they set these machines up. So they might be available to the largest machines as well but I am not sure about that.

Once they release this will be easier to understand. Hard to explain at the moment

Two speed and ride control are available starting at the 175 I know. I am not sure if two speed is available on the 130-150 sized machines.

Construct'O
02-04-2011, 07:14 PM
Are they going too be using the NH vertial lift, Case radial system or are they out???

NH vertial lift(arm etc.) is close too the same as Deere,what's your thoughts there?

ksss
02-04-2011, 07:25 PM
Are they going too be using the NH vertial lift, Case radial system or are they out???

NH vertial lift(arm etc.) is close too the same as Deere,what's your thoughts there?

Its a completely new vertical lift design. There were pictures posted on here some time ago of what they looked like. Pretty radical change compared to the old machines. Radial machines don't allow alot changes pretty straight forward on that design.

They all have longer asses, much like the BC M series. It appears that to make room for tier 4 everyone will need more room for the BS that is to come.

Tigerotor77W
02-04-2011, 10:37 PM
So what didn't you like? :D

It seems like most of your concerns were all addressed in one way or another?

PS: I think you meant in one of your posts that you were most impressed by the SV270, not the SR270.

ksss
02-05-2011, 03:46 PM
So what didn't you like? :D

It seems like most of your concerns were all addressed in one way or another?

PS: I think you meant in one of your posts that you were most impressed by the SV270, not the SR270.

Actualy I called the TR CTL a vertical lift on two occations its a radial lift I caught that after my time to edit was over. They both were radial lift machines.

As far as what I did not like? I was really disappointed by them not taking E/H far enough. I mentioned it often perhaps too often. The remainder of the machine is very well done. Some things were nit picky like I would have prefered a Sat ready radio which I guess is available but not standard.

Yes overall left pretty happy with what I saw.

YellowDogSVC
02-05-2011, 09:26 PM
I'm curious about the ultra high flow machines if they are truly a sealed cab with a lot of engine torque.

I will be in the market for a new machine this year. Though I love my s330, I'm growing more and more tired of a dirty cab. Even though I seal my cab up pretty good, I still get a lot of dust inside which makes mulching or working in dusty condition NO FUN.

stuvecorp
02-06-2011, 12:35 AM
I did find that Case is showing the new skids at the World Ag Expo in Tulare Cali on Tuesday(8th-10th). I would guess their(Case) website will show it then as well?

The new models sound exciting though...

ksss
02-06-2011, 03:03 PM
I did find that Case is showing the new skids at the World Ag Expo in Tulare Cali on Tuesday(8th-10th). I would guess their(Case) website will show it then as well?

The new models sound exciting though...

Those machines which were at AZ were all being shipped to Cali this weekend. Not sure when the new machines will be on the website. The factory has been gutted so not sure why they would continue to show the S-3 machines. The only ones available are the ones sitting on lots.

stuvecorp
02-06-2011, 05:02 PM
How would you say the new models match up with the S3's? Like the 465 to the SV300, 440 to SR/SV250(?) comparing size, power, etc...? I'm bored with the pregame so...

Also Go Pack! :clapping:

ksss
02-06-2011, 05:39 PM
How would you say the new models match up with the S3's? Like the 465 to the SV300, 440 to SR/SV250(?) comparing size, power, etc...? I'm bored with the pregame so...

Also Go Pack! :clapping:

LOL! so am I. There was some discussion about that. The 465 equates pretty straight forward to the 300 machine. After that it gets a little more murky. The SR250 equates pretty close to the current 450. The SR250 actually has more ROC. The SR220 is about a 440/430 cross. The SR200 is pretty close to a 420/430. The 175 and 185 are about like 420 but these machines dont have servos anymore. This machine is very much going after the S175 and S185 BC. The 130 sized machine is new for CASE. The 150 is about like a 410.

All the machines have option exterior mounted weights. This allows the 130 to be weighted to a 140. This is the case with all machines you can add weight to get you half way to the next size machine. About time.

The TR270 is like a 420CT but a little more capacity. TR320 would be about a 450 CT just more narrow like the 450 should have been. The TV380 is a what a 465CT would have been large vertical lift tracked machine.

stuvecorp
02-06-2011, 06:08 PM
LOL! so am I. There was some discussion about that. The 465 equates pretty straight forward to the 300 machine. After that it gets a little more murky. The SR250 equates pretty close to the current 450. The SR250 actually has more ROC. The SR220 is about a 440/430 cross. The SR200 is pretty close to a 420/430. The 175 and 185 are about like 420 but these machines dont have servos anymore. This machine is very much going after the S175 and S185 BC. The 130 sized machine is new for CASE. The 150 is about like a 410.

All the machines have option exterior mounted weights. This allows the 130 to be weighted to a 140. This is the case with all machines you can add weight to get you half way to the next size machine. About time.

The TR270 is like a 420CT but a little more capacity. TR320 would be about a 450 CT just more narrow like the 450 should have been. The TV380 is a what a 465CT would have been large vertical lift tracked machine.

I do like how the new models are narrower than the S3's, especially the big tracked ones. Is there two or three 'chassis' sizes? Like 130/150, 175/185/200/220, and 250/300? How did you like the vertical lift style? How does the reach compare to the S3's there? Is the 130/150 my hope for a real small skid that over achieves(compact size that lifts a lot)?

ksss
02-06-2011, 06:31 PM
I do like how the new models are narrower than the S3's, especially the big tracked ones. Is there two or three 'chassis' sizes? Like 130/150, 175/185/200/220, and 250/300? How did you like the vertical lift style? How does the reach compare to the S3's there? Is the 130/150 my hope for a real small skid that over achieves(compact size that lifts a lot)?

There are three sizes. The radial lifts and their reach is interesting. They increased the lift height but as everyone knows on a radial lift the bucket starts moving over the cab at the top of its arc. So if you compared the 400 radial lift reach with an Alpha machine the new machine would have about 1" more reach. If you follow the Alpha to the top of its lift height it is less than a 400 series machine.

The linkage is a little bizarre looking on the Vertical machine. But it seems pretty strong. When I was running the big tracked 380 I was down in the hole on the "basement dig excercise" and I side loaded the machine into the hard calchie type soil. I has happy with stability I saw, it flexed but not as much as I was expecting. I think it is pretty strong, I do like the clean sight lines of this design. I am sure looking at it will take some people some time to get used to.

I also forgot to mention they had a type of backhoe rodeo set up at the end of the day. The typical backhoe pick the balls off the stand and put in trash can. They also had a skid steer obstacle course set up. They a long PVC stick bolted to a skid steer bucket and you had to go through a bunch of obstacles that with the width gave you a couple inches to spare on each side. At the end you had to dump a basketball which was in your bucket as well into a trash can at dump truck height after you got the pvc stick between two poles that was more narrow than the stick on your bucket. Interesting course. You had to guess where the ball was in your bucket since of course you could not see it. The course was timed. One guy out of the 25 or so that did it got lucky and dropped the ball in the can. They deduct 30 sec off time if you make it in the bucket. I had the second best time although I did not drop my ball in the can. Won a cool Carhart bag with some neat embroidery. It was fun, cold and windy as helll but fun.

YellowDogSVC
02-06-2011, 07:40 PM
It was fun, cold and windy as helll but fun.

That does sound like fun. All but the cold!

Dirtwerks
02-07-2011, 03:55 PM
Shane you mentioned that you specied out a new track machine to possibly replace your 440VTS, I was curious why your thinking of going to a dedicated track machine verses the VTS, I thought you were sold on the low maintenance of the VTS, I know you did have issue with a chain breaking, curious on what your thoughts are now.

ksss
02-07-2011, 06:11 PM
Shane you mentioned that you specied out a new track machine to possibly replace your 440VTS, I was curious why your thinking of going to a dedicated track machine verses the VTS, I thought you were sold on the low maintenance of the VTS, I know you did have issue with a chain breaking, curious on what your thoughts are now.

I still believe in the VTS. The new machines I don't believe will be compatible with VTS (I may prove to be wrong on that but it does not look like they will fit) I am getting a pretty killer deal to trade out with the VTS on. I have come to depend on the track machine and I have never have taken the tracks off. The new CTL machines are more narrow than the VTS which would be nice. If I get it I hope that the CTL runs as cheap as the VTS has. It has been problem free minus the snapped chain on the 440. The chains on the new machines are the same size as the chains on the new machines so perhaps just going to a CTL would be fine. The ride on the VTS is pretty sweet, I think I will lose some of that. However I speced the TR340 with the air seat and ride control so that should help somewhat. The cab on the new machines ride on ISO mounts pretty good idea, and seemed to work well.

bobcat_ron
02-07-2011, 06:32 PM
Going to a CTL is a smart move, I have already told my brother that a VTS adds more width, weight and work to the skid steer, the 3 "W"s that you don't want to add, and after the cost of buying a VTS, you're only $2000 shy of a CTL cost (depending on pricing) and you get more work done with less worries, another "W".

stuvecorp
02-07-2011, 07:07 PM
I still believe in the VTS. The new machines I don't believe will be compatible with VTS (I may prove to be wrong on that but it does not look like they will fit) I am getting a pretty killer deal to trade out with the VTS on. I have come to depend on the track machine and I have never have taken the tracks off. The new CTL machines are more narrow than the VTS which would be nice. If I get it I hope that the CTL runs as cheap as the VTS has. It has been problem free minus the snapped chain on the 440. The chains on the new machines are the same size as the chains on the new machines so perhaps just going to a CTL would be fine. The ride on the VTS is pretty sweet, I think I will lose some of that. However I speced the TR340 with the air seat and ride control so that should help somewhat. The cab on the new machines ride on ISO mounts pretty good idea, and seemed to work well.

I was looking at the VTS today and thought a smaller roller/idler in the back could be swapped in? It would make a slightly steeper angle but I don't think it would be that bad? Comparing a CTL to VTS performance from my perspective, the CTL will leave you wanting...

I'm eagerly awaiting tomorrows showing of the new skids.

dozerman21
02-07-2011, 07:16 PM
It sounds like you had pretty good experience out there. Nice write up and evaluation. How do the new machines look in person (aesthically), and does the big ass end not hamper visibility? Also, would the TR340 that you're pricing out be comparable to the 440CT? Learning all the new model numbers is a pain in the azz.

Stuve- Congrats on the Pack win!:drinkup: Come to Indy next year when they play my Colts in the Super Bowl. :cool2:

ProTouch Groundscapes
02-07-2011, 07:55 PM
I am curios as to why some of you believe a vts equipped machine is superior to a tracked machine of the same make model, not considering the ability to swap back to tires. Im not really familiar with a vts system and am curios as to waht it brings to the table vs. A ctl
Posted via Mobile Device

Bleed Green
02-07-2011, 08:29 PM
It sounds like you had pretty good experience out there. Nice write up and evaluation. How do the new machines look in person (aesthically), and does the big ass end not hamper visibility? Also, would the TR340 that you're pricing out be comparable to the 440CT? Learning all the new model numbers is a pain in the azz.

Stuve- Congrats on the Pack win!:drinkup: Come to Indy next year when they play my Colts in the Super Bowl. :cool2:

Not to get off topic but Indy next year is gonna be a heck of a party. I can't wait to come up for the it.

stuvecorp
02-07-2011, 11:29 PM

:drinkup: Thanks! I would love to see the Pack go for back to back...

I agree about the new model numbers, I still think they should have kept the 'XT'.

I am curios as to why some of you believe a vts equipped machine is superior to a tracked machine of the same make model, not considering the ability to swap back to tires. Im not really familiar with a vts system and am curios as to waht it brings to the table vs. A ctl
Posted via Mobile Device

My description would be the ride and performance/characteristics of the VTS is a hybrid between the MTL and CTL. The lifting ability is like your machine on steroids so to speak and the stability is awesome. All while not suffering the bad resale of a MTL or CTL.

ksss
02-08-2011, 01:44 PM

The big ass did not seem to reduce visibility but it is big. Aethetically speaking they take a little getting used to. To make room for the next tier ratings everyone will need room and so it will become the way things are. The cab looks lightly built for some reason, maybe its the small wire they use on the cab, they say it is physically stronger but it looks weak to me. I kept saying to myself, dam that ass looks wide but dimesionally it is not but it looks like it. I think once we get used to looking at them they wont seem so odd. If this was a Bobcat they would call it cabforward. CASE did much the same thing.

The 440 would be about the same in power (440 with about 29 foot pounds more torque) and close to the same lift.

ksss
02-08-2011, 01:54 PM
:drinkup: Thanks! I would love to see the Pack go for back to back...

I agree about the new model numbers, I still think they should have kept the 'XT'.

My description would be the ride and performance/characteristics of the VTS is a hybrid between the MTL and CTL. The lifting ability is like your machine on steroids so to speak and the stability is awesome. All while not suffering the bad resale of a MTL or CTL.

The numbering will make more sense to those who are not as clued in as those of us on these type forums, we know that a 95XT/465 is a 3000 ROC wheeled machine with Vertical lift. Now the SV300 tells people what it is. I am ok with the numbering.

I agree on Stuve's explanation of the VTS. Spot on. The downsides are like BCron said width and weight and driving off one axle. How much all the above effects the machine depends. I like the torsion suspension on the VTS, nice.

ProTouch Groundscapes
02-08-2011, 03:40 PM
ok, i wasnt aware that the vts had any type of suspension. how does it increase lifting capacity? or do you mean that since wheeled machines typically have a higher roc than track machines you dont sacrifice that?

ksss
02-08-2011, 05:56 PM
ok, i wasnt aware that the vts had any type of suspension. how does it increase lifting capacity? or do you mean that since wheeled machines typically have a higher roc than track machines you dont sacrifice that?

The ROC is increased for two reasons. The first is just the sheer weight of the VTS which is about 1500 per side. The other is the VTS pushes the front roller of the tracks system beyond the front axle hub on the machine, in effect lengthening the wheelbase. Stuve is right, about what it means to lift capacity. My 440 will lift with my 465 which by the book has about 1000 pounds more ROC than the 440 without the VTS.

stuvecorp
02-08-2011, 07:33 PM
The ROC is increased for two reasons. The first is just the sheer weight of the VTS which is about 1500 per side. The other is the VTS pushes the front roller of the tracks system beyond the front axle hub on the machine, in effect lengthening the wheelbase. Stuve is right, about what it means to lift capacity. My 440 will lift with my 465 which by the book has about 1000 pounds more ROC than the 440 without the VTS.

The extra weight is a good and bad I agree but it plants the machine big time. Like Shane said, the length of the VTS with the front and back roller past where the tires would be gives such a long footprint on the ground.

The Alpha's are on the website now. Have been hoping for a video of them.

I've been looking at the specs and kinda like the SR200, it seems dimensionally about the same as the 440 but with a little less power.

Tigerotor77W
02-08-2011, 08:18 PM
HAHA! Bobcat is officially vindicated by another manufacturer...

"New Power Stance chassis lets you lift and haul more material with up to 21 percent longer wheelbase and 30/70 front/rear weight distribution."

ksss
02-08-2011, 08:37 PM
HAHA! Bobcat is officially vindicated by another manufacturer...

"New Power Stance chassis lets you lift and haul more material with up to 21 percent longer wheelbase and 30/70 front/rear weight distribution."

Great, vindicating Bobcat.

Tigerotor77W
02-08-2011, 09:37 PM
Great, vindicating Bobcat.

:laugh:

In fact 70/30 has been around for a while; it's just that no one publishes it. Cat and Case both have had machines that are in that ballpark (as have others).

This being said, I was being a monumental dbag and really wasn't contributing to this thread at all! :weightlifter:

ksss
02-08-2011, 11:42 PM
Here are a bunch of photos taken at the AZ proving grounds of the new skid steers.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/wellingtonimplement/5428209346/in/photostream/

Bleed Green
02-08-2011, 11:50 PM
Cool pics. Those loader arms sure are different looking though with that curve in them.

stuvecorp
02-09-2011, 12:01 AM
Here are a bunch of photos taken at the AZ proving grounds of the new skid steers.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/wellingtonimplement/5428209346/in/photostream/

Good find! Thumbs Up I love that 4n1 bucket on that 250. You are right about the Rops, very slim looking.

bobcat_ron
02-09-2011, 09:17 AM
I like that little TR270, but the tracks aren't long enough for the length of the chassis.

ksss
02-10-2011, 01:17 AM
I like that little TR270, but the tracks aren't long enough for the length of the chassis.

I really liked this track machine, I was totally surprised when I found out what the specs were on this machine. It runs way bigger than it looks.

stuvecorp
02-10-2011, 01:46 AM
You mentioned the 130/150, have any more thoughts on those?

ksss
02-10-2011, 01:56 AM
You mentioned the 130/150, have any more thoughts on those?

Honestly I did not spend a lot of time around them. However, after the day of running the different machines they had a round table discussion about what those present liked and didn't like. The 130/150 were certainly one of the stars of the show. Everyone was surprised at how powerful the machines were. I don't think anyone thought they would be very productive just looking at them. Considering it has been years since CASE has had a machine in this class to sell, I think they will move a lot of these machines.

stuvecorp
02-10-2011, 02:08 AM
Honestly I did not spend a lot of time around them. However, after the day of running the different machines they had a round table discussion about what those present liked and didn't like. The 130/150 were certainly one of the stars of the show. Everyone was surprised at how powerful the machines were. I don't think anyone thought they would be very productive just looking at them. Considering it has been years since CASE has had a machine in this class to sell, I think they will move a lot of these machines.

I do think the smaller size skids are under served and hope the 130/150 will fill that niche. Look how good the 1840 sold. Beside my infatuation with wanting VTS on everything I really think an overachieving small skid would be a hit.

ccstrebe
02-10-2011, 08:42 AM
I like how the wire grill over the windows can be unbolted.

The new arms and back end do look funny on the skids but they look great on the tracked machines.

dozerman21
02-10-2011, 05:38 PM
I like how the wire grill over the windows can be unbolted.

The new arms and back end do look funny on the skids but they look great on the tracked machines.

I agree. The arms look better on the tracked machines for some reason.

I also agree with Ron on the TR270. The tracks look like they should be longer. That's how the 420CT machine is now.

I'm sure I will come around after I see them in person or run one, but for now that ass still looks huuuuuuge and it seems like it would have to be a big blind spot (more than usual).

stuvecorp
03-18-2011, 07:23 PM
I got a call today that the dealer had a SR175 in that could ran around the yard, I would call it the 'Willie-demo'.:laugh::) Also had some major camera malfunction so no pictures. Anyway, it was a open rops and equipped with the '1845' controls. The salesman said 'a lot' of people wanted controls like the old 1845 or 1840's so they brought them back as an option. I thought they sucked, and would really get old running it all day.

The cab area is bigger and will make the 'husky' guys happy.:) Looks like the serviceability will be good. Thought the visibility was good also. A lot of little things were tweaked for the better I think. I'm still waiting for the bigger models, the SR200 and SV300 specifically but sounds like after ConEx more will be out there.

ksss
03-18-2011, 08:06 PM
I got a call today that the dealer had a SR175 in that could ran around the yard, I would call it the 'Willie-demo'.:laugh::) Also had some major camera malfunction so no pictures. Anyway, it was a open rops and equipped with the '1845' controls. The salesman said 'a lot' of people wanted controls like the old 1845 or 1840's so they brought them back as an option. I thought they sucked, and would really get old running it all day.

The cab area is bigger and will make the 'husky' guys happy.:) Looks like the serviceability will be good. Thought the visibility was good also. A lot of little things were tweaked for the better I think. I'm still waiting for the bigger models, the SR200 and SV300 specifically but sounds like after ConEx more will be out there.

Anyone coming from pilots is gonna struggle with the older style controls. I did not think they were too bad for what they were. Not as much feedback as I would have suspected and they were responsive (as they should be since your modulating the pump directly). I believe it is a gamble not to at least offer servos if not pilots or E/H on the smaller machines as an option. They were pretty convinced that was not going to happen. So until they prove themselves wrong, if you want the E/H controls you have to get a 200 or larger.

stuvecorp
03-18-2011, 09:28 PM
Anyone coming from pilots is gonna struggle with the older style controls. I did not think they were too bad for what they were. Not as much feedback as I would have suspected and they were responsive (as they should be since your modulating the pump directly). I believe it is a gamble not to at least offer servos if not pilots or E/H on the smaller machines as an option. They were pretty convinced that was not going to happen. So until they prove themselves wrong, if you want the E/H controls you have to get a 200 or larger.

The salesman talked about it a long time but I still can't believe people want mechanical controls? The salesman really liked the E/H controls and thought they were good.

Until I can try out the E/H on a SR200 or bigger it's hard to really say.

ksss
03-18-2011, 10:13 PM
The salesman talked about it a long time but I still can't believe people want mechanical controls? The salesman really liked the E/H controls and thought they were good.

Until I can try out the E/H on a SR200 or bigger it's hard to really say.

PM to follow

JDSKIDSTEER
03-19-2011, 11:31 PM
Amazing how far all have come in the 10 years I have been selling. Enjoyed the review and the pictures. When you coming to Huntsvegas Shane? I do believe I still owe you a meal.

ksss
03-20-2011, 03:42 PM
Amazing how far all have come in the 10 years I have been selling. Enjoyed the review and the pictures. When you coming to Huntsvegas Shane? I do believe I still owe you a meal.

Flying in Sunday the 10th of April and flying out on Sat I think. I will pm you for contact info.

JDSKIDSTEER
03-20-2011, 03:49 PM
Flying in Sunday the 10th of April and flying out on Sat I think. I will pm you for contact info.

Cool. I am looking forward to it.

RentalGuy
03-20-2011, 09:21 PM
Guys,

This is my first CON EXPO. I'm flying in on Thursday and flying back out on Sunday. I have heard that flying out on Sunday is a nightmare and that with security, I should get there 5 hours early because of the mass cattle run. Anyone have any experience with this? Thanks in advance!

ksss
03-21-2011, 01:42 AM
I have never flown out that late before. I left on a Saturday before and while its busy it was not OMG crazy. I would imagine all the vendors are leaving on Sunday. The show is over on Friday.

Tigerotor77W
03-22-2011, 07:58 PM
Correction: show ends Saturday afternoon.

I don't have an answer for whether the airport is crazy on Sunday, however... I left on a red-eye last time. :-/

stuvecorp
04-21-2011, 09:19 PM
Here is some pictures of a SR220. Well only the one will load up, more to come...

Scag48
04-21-2011, 09:42 PM
Damn, that thing has more ass than Beyonce. Emissions control equipment sucks!

SellingIron
04-21-2011, 10:01 PM
OMG!!! Really.Really.Really.Really. I will be able to sleep tonight...LOL...:sleeping::sleeping:

stuvecorp
04-21-2011, 10:15 PM
Baby does have back. :) Thank the emission police. :hammerhead: From my spec reading, the 220 size is the big chassis size meaning the SR220, SR250, SV250 and SV300 are all the same size. The SR200 would be more the midsize like the 440.

This machine did have the E/H controls and didn't have long enough time but they seemed okay. I thought the cab was much improved, had adjustments for the controls and was quieter. I think people will really like the new cabs.

SellingIron
04-21-2011, 10:16 PM
Baby got back... With an oakland booty.....LOL...

stuvecorp
04-21-2011, 10:27 PM
One nice thing about the new design was I thought the serviceability was improved. Liked the new door, thought that was just done better or more sturdy.

ksss
04-21-2011, 11:25 PM
Damn, that thing has more ass than Beyonce. Emissions control equipment sucks!

Yes but much like Beyonce's ass it is fiiiiine.:weightlifter:

ksss
04-21-2011, 11:35 PM
OMG!!! Really.Really.Really.Really. I will be able to sleep tonight...LOL...:sleeping::sleeping:

You will sleep good as long as your customers still cant read. Cause if they ever order "Hooked On Phonics" and start educating themselves they will see that these machines have a tighter cab, more breakout, more torque and a soon to release near 5000 psi high flow system. There are some advantages to selling equipment in a state that ranks 43rd in percentage of students that successfully complete high school.:waving:

SellingIron
04-22-2011, 12:13 AM
You will sleep good as long as your customers still cant read. Cause if they ever order "Hooked On Phonics" and start educating themselves they will see that these machines have a tighter cab, more breakout, more torque and a soon to release near 5000 psi high flow system. There are some advantages to selling equipment in a state that ranks 43rd in percentage of students that successfully complete high school.:waving:

Stick to potatoes, KSSS. That doo doo brown yellow skid is ugly..You are one of those so called customers that worry about specs to much. You need to get off the computer and give your family some attention..

ksss
04-22-2011, 11:00 AM
Stick to potatoes, KSSS. That doo doo brown yellow skid is ugly..You are one of those so called customers that worry about specs to much. You need to get off the computer and give your family some attention..

Actually they like it better like this. Whats that say?

Digdeep
04-22-2011, 12:19 PM

Gotta hate those customer that ask for specifics on how a machine will make them more money, cost them less money, be more reliable, make them more comfortable or allow them to conduct easy servicing :drinkup: :)

Mr. Rain
04-22-2011, 02:05 PM
Gotta hate those customer that ask for specifics on how a machine will make them more money, cost them less money, be more reliable, make them more comfortable or allow them to conduct easy servicing :drinkup: :)

The whole concept of selling a machine based on actual merits is likely and apparently foreign to him, as Bobcat's have pretty much sold themselves the last few decades. With their declining market share, however, and everyone else's continued product improvement, guessing that SI will need to check with the local Vo/Tech for a sales 101 class in the near future....
There's a big difference between selling and writing orders. Too many equal or better options out there now for a buyer to not explore multiple brands.

SellingIron
04-22-2011, 03:55 PM
You guys are spot on with your opinions (2 cents worth). I'm taking notes every time you guys post your wisdom.(Keep them coming) I'm going to take the high road (lol)

All I'm saying is your average customers don't ask the questions you bring up on this site. Since most the people in FL. are transplants from other states, Idaho etc. etc. That now explains the lack of questions being ask when my customers are buying a machine..

Digdeep
04-22-2011, 05:01 PM
You guys are spot on with your opinions (2 cents worth). I'm taking notes every time you guys post your wisdom.(Keep them coming) I'm going to take the high road (lol)

All I'm saying is your average customers don't ask the questions you bring up on this site. Since most the people in FL. are transplants from other states, Idaho etc. etc. That now explains the lack of questions being ask when my customers are buying a machine..

I'm sure you get about half of our population during the winter, however, they are what you'd refer to as just "Yankees", and not "Damn Yankees" because they leave when the snow melts up here. And they don't drink Kool-aid :drinkup:

stuvecorp
04-22-2011, 07:26 PM
I have to agree with our salesman guru, I would bet most customers don't put too much thought in the right skid. Other than it looks cool on the trailer and rides nice...

stuvecorp
05-07-2011, 07:49 PM
Going to try this again, they got some more skids in but the SR200 is already gone but got to see the SV250 and SV300. They had a NH L223 also and it is the same but different. I am liking the SV300, anyone need a 440/VTS? :)

bobcat_ron
05-07-2011, 07:52 PM
What's the reasoning behind the weirdly shaped door?

stuvecorp
05-07-2011, 08:01 PM
What's the reasoning behind the weirdly shaped door?

Good question, maybe to clear stuff when it swings out?

J. Peterson Grading
05-07-2011, 09:08 PM
Its so they can charge more for it when it breaks.

J

ksss
05-07-2011, 11:52 PM
Its so they can charge more for it when it breaks.

J

I think that is the plan regardless of the shape.

How is your dealer getting so many so quick? The first one which is the T320 I ordered wont be here until mid July?

SellingIron
05-08-2011, 12:16 AM
Nice Front door design..:clapping:

stuvecorp
05-08-2011, 12:54 PM
I think that is the plan regardless of the shape.

How is your dealer getting so many so quick? The first one which is the T320 I ordered wont be here until mid July?

That is a good question...

Tigerotor77W
05-08-2011, 03:21 PM
I'd love to have been a fly on the wall when the decision was made to go with the scissor vertical linkage vs. the old Case design.

ksss
05-08-2011, 06:32 PM
I'd love to have been a fly on the wall when the decision was made to go with the scissor vertical linkage vs. the old Case design.

Obviously the guys with the pink ties and dockers (that would be the NH side) won that one.

blowerman
05-08-2011, 08:58 PM
Both the Case dealer and NH dealer have new models in stock. Or at least on display, but I'd assume they will sell them.

ksss
05-08-2011, 09:32 PM
Both the Case dealer and NH dealer have new models in stock. Or at least on display, but I'd assume they will sell them.

I don't think there is a new series CASE in all of Idaho sitting on a lot.

Cornell
05-12-2011, 09:20 PM
Couple businesses already have their new Case skid steers. Saw a 320 all muddy on a trailer already.

There are 6 of them at our Case dealership as well.

Although we have had all Case uniloaders for 21 years, we demo'ed a Cat 289C with 2 hours on it and I loved it. Then I had to get back in our 450CT and felt like I was in prison. LOL

bobcat_ron
05-12-2011, 09:45 PM
Couple businesses already have their new Case skid steers. Saw a 320 all muddy on a trailer already.

There are 6 of them at our Case dealership as well.

Although we have had all Case uniloaders for 21 years, we demo'ed a Cat 289C with 2 hours on it and I loved it. Then I had to get back in our 450CT and felt like I was in prison. LOL

I'm really loving big brother's 277C, I also jumped in a 440S3 Case a few days ago, nice visibilty to the tires and rear end, but tight cab, lousy location for buttons, even worse than Bobcat M Series, damn H Pattern pissed me off after 5 minutes though, but nice joysticks.

Cornell
05-12-2011, 09:59 PM
I'm really loving big brother's 277C, I also jumped in a 440S3 Case a few days ago, nice visibilty to the tires and rear end, but tight cab, lousy location for buttons, even worse than Bobcat M Series, damn H Pattern pissed me off after 5 minutes though, but nice joysticks.

Haven't had a chance to run an M-series besides a couple minutes at the dealership when I was checking to see how our Totem grapple was coming along on our Case 160 excavator. Seemed really nice but I liked the 289c more, I felt spoiled with my radio and CD player and cupholder.

Also caught on to the Cat controls really quick, and it did amazingly well with the greasy muck I was in. Had I been in the 450 the track probably would have come off in a couple situations.

As for power the 289 was a lot more smooth and the power delivery was more precise. Loved the joysticks as well, just used my fingertips most of the time.

Only gripes were some bare wires down by the left track and bucket size and rear visibility, two of them can be easily remedied though. :dancing: And service seems real easy.

Have you ever changed the fuel and oil filter on a 450CT before? My arm had to bend in ways I never thought possible.

stuvecorp
05-12-2011, 10:56 PM
Haven't had a chance to run an M-series besides a couple minutes at the dealership when I was checking to see how our Totem grapple was coming along on our Case 160 excavator. Seemed really nice but I liked the 289c more, I felt spoiled with my radio and CD player and cupholder.

Also caught on to the Cat controls really quick, and it did amazingly well with the greasy muck I was in. Had I been in the 450 the track probably would have come off in a couple situations.

As for power the 289 was a lot more smooth and the power delivery was more precise. Loved the joysticks as well, just used my fingertips most of the time.

Only gripes were some bare wires down by the left track and bucket size and rear visibility, two of them can be easily remedied though. :dancing: And service seems real easy.

Have you ever changed the fuel and oil filter on a 450CT before? My arm had to bend in ways I never thought possible.

You have a Towtem for a 160? You suck! :) That must be sweet.

Have you got a chance to try the new Case yet?

Cornell
05-13-2011, 01:22 AM
You have a Towtem for a 160? You suck! :) That must be sweet.

Have you got a chance to try the new Case yet?

We had to get a second grapple because our cx75sr with a rotobec just couldn't handle the size of boulders we wanted to use. I needed to have the claws welded once every two weeks from the beatings it took. Still managed to install 30,000 sq ft of boulder retaining walls from the end of June to December 13th by myself. That machine was good to me.

Had the 160 outfitted with a totem grapple this winter, all hand controls and I love it. It handles 5-6' boulders without issue and I feel it's a much better design than the rotobec after running it for a month now. My reach has doubled and building the walls from behind (don't have a choice because of wetland buffers and a pond directly in line with the wall) has gotten much easier now that I don't have to dig myself a shelf like with the 75 to reach the base.

I want to try a new Case but all the machines at the dealership are wheeled and I need tracks with the soil type I'm in. The 289c was the first cat skid I've ran and I was thoroughly impressed. I thought the 450CT was powerful and it just put that thing to shame. The fit/finish was amazing and the salesman got me the demo the same day I called him. Can't argue with that when it's brand new and loaded with everything. :) I liked not having to hold the 2 speed trigger down all the time either lol. It's the little things that count when you're working alone all day.

1200 bucks for Case controls in the Cat is a little steep though and I think the other guys are too stubborn to switch to the cat style. Maybe that's my excuse to keep the new machine all the time. :laugh:

ccstrebe
05-13-2011, 09:40 AM
The 289C was the first cat skid I've ran and I was thoroughly impressed. I thought the 450CT was powerful and it just put that thing to shame.

The extra 10 hp in the 297C and 299C is even more impressive. After having owned a 450CT I can attest to that.

I liked not having to hold the 2 speed trigger down all the time either lol. It's the little things that count when you're working alone all day.

It seems like such a small thing but that was a huge issue for me. But in all fairness to Case, they did rectify that issue in the Series 3 model.

1200 bucks for Case controls in the Cat is a little steep though and I think the other guys are too stubborn to switch to the cat style.

When you look at the effort it takes Cat to offer Case controls (add a switch and turn on a soft switch in the software) you would think it would be less.

But that being said, I didn't even blink when they told me $1,200.00, I was just glad the option was available. What's another $1,200.00 when paying 70 large for a new machine.:)

The truth is, if that option was not available it would have been a deal breaker for me and then I would have been stuck with another Case, albeit a Series 3.

It looks like Case might finally be on the right track with their new machines though. It has taken them three tries to even be on the same page as Cat.

ksss
05-13-2011, 01:58 PM
I prefer holding the trigger down for the two speed and the ride control and was pissed when they changed it.

The CASE pilots are nice and really I think they should have keeped the pilots as standard and the E/H as optional but thats me. They did a great job with that pilot control system. Its a waste to put it on the shelf and use servos as the standard (except on the tracked machines where it is standard with E/H) even as good as the servo CASE machines are.

While the CAT cabs are certainly better than CASE's pre Alpha series, I have never witnessed or heard a CAT operator who has run both machines that a CAT was able to outpower a CASE wheeled or tires when comparing like machines. Maybe if the CASE had a plugged filter or something but other than that I struggle with that one. With the Alpha series being less powerful than the 400 series the two are closer in hp and torque specs now than they have ever been.

Cornell
05-13-2011, 07:11 PM
I prefer holding the trigger down for the two speed and the ride control and was pissed when they changed it.

While the CAT cabs are certainly better than CASE's pre Alpha series, I have never witnessed or heard a CAT operator who has run both machines that a CAT was able to outpower a CASE wheeled or tires when comparing like machines. Maybe if the CASE had a plugged filter or something but other than that I struggle with that one. With the Alpha series being less powerful than the 400 series the two are closer in hp and torque specs now than they have ever been.

Funny you say that, the 450 is about to click over 1000 hours (998.6 I think I remember last) and I personally just changed all the filters/fluids in it before we started the season. It needed new tracks (for some reason our tracks last 400 hours on our 450) and I literally ripped both tracks off last fall moving boulders and new ones were put on last week. I was hauling clay backfill and sand with both machines to compare them. Jumped directly from the 289 to the 450 and there was a noticeable difference using exactly the same route (had to go down a house pad that was a 2 to 1 slope then carry it 200 feet then go back and repeat) the 450 was bogging down and turned harder than the 289. I'm not confident in the 450 to do any sort of side hill maneuvers either because it likes to throw tracks off constantly, even with new sprockets and bogey wheels. I just don't get it. I do want to get in an TV380 though and try it out, especially with the new Alpha series cabs.

ksss
05-14-2011, 10:56 AM
Funny you say that, the 450 is about to click over 1000 hours (998.6 I think I remember last) and I personally just changed all the filters/fluids in it before we started the season. It needed new tracks (for some reason our tracks last 400 hours on our 450) and I literally ripped both tracks off last fall moving boulders and new ones were put on last week. I was hauling clay backfill and sand with both machines to compare them. Jumped directly from the 289 to the 450 and there was a noticeable difference using exactly the same route (had to go down a house pad that was a 2 to 1 slope then carry it 200 feet then go back and repeat) the 450 was bogging down and turned harder than the 289. I'm not confident in the 450 to do any sort of side hill maneuvers either because it likes to throw tracks off constantly, even with new sprockets and bogey wheels. I just don't get it. I do want to get in an TV380 though and try it out, especially with the new Alpha series cabs.

The torque dropped from 288 in the Series 3 to 251 in the Alpha. Still near the top of the pack as CAT is 217 and BC 237 on their largest machines. Deere makes about the same torque as CASE does now. The Alpha's seemed to make make the most of power. The test will really be however getting one at 8-10K in alt. and see how strong they are then.

Not sure why your 450 does not perform better. It will be nice to have a large vertical lift machine available now which is something CASE never offered before. Not really what I need personally but I know many asked for a tracked 465.

I ran into the CAT guy last night and he made me promise to try a CAT CTL before committing to the CASE. I gave him my word I would. It will be good to put the 320 and whatever CAT CTL is equal to it and see what shakes out. I do like the AMICS ability in the CAT, CASE really dropped the ball in that regard. Just offering a pattern changer was not enough.

Digdeep
05-14-2011, 02:08 PM
The torque dropped from 288 in the Series 3 to 251 in the Alpha. Still near the top of the pack as CAT is 217 and BC 237 on their largest machines. Deere makes about the same torque as CASE does now. The Alpha's seemed to make make the most of power. The test will really be however getting one at 8-10K in alt. and see how strong they are then.

Not sure why your 450 does not perform better. It will be nice to have a large vertical lift machine available now which is something CASE never offered before. Not really what I need personally but I know many asked for a tracked 465.

I ran into the CAT guy last night and he made me promise to try a CAT CTL before committing to the CASE. I gave him my word I would. It will be good to put the 320 and whatever CAT CTL is equal to it and see what shakes out. I do like the AMICS ability in the CAT, CASE really dropped the ball in that regard. Just offering a pattern changer was not enough.

I still think engine torque is a critical component of power, but maybe some of the advantage he is noticing is due to the fact that the CAt has the advantage of planetary gear reduction and the I think the Case is still a straight drive motor to sprocket configuration. The CAt also puts more track length on the ground compared to the Case. Just a couple thoughts.

Cornell
05-14-2011, 05:24 PM

I'm not exactly sure either, this is our third 450CT and I haven't been too happy with the problems we've had that just shouldn't happen in my opinion. Before we had the 450's we had 3 95xt's and I really liked those machines. Picked anything up and never had any issues with them. Then we moved to tracks so we could go places and work were we couldn't before and started with a Bobcat 864 that sucked, a T200 that was horrible then a T300 that was alright. Our latest T300 had 1500hours on it before we had to replace the tracks. :laugh: I'm not denying the 450CT doesn't have power. I've moved boulders with that machine that our Bobcat T300 wouldn't even budge. Example:

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d63/Quiex89/IMAG0143.jpg

Having run Case machines all my life I would say to give one a shot. The Cat controls took me some getting used to and I was missing them once the demo was gone.

I still think engine torque is a critical component of power, but maybe some of the advantage he is noticing is due to the fact that the CAt has the advantage of planetary gear reduction and the I think the Case is still a straight drive motor to sprocket configuration. The CAt also puts more track length on the ground compared to the Case. Just a couple thoughts.

I lined the machines up and was surprised how much bigger the tracks were on the 289 length and height wise in overall dimensions.

stuvecorp
05-14-2011, 07:10 PM
Nice picture Advanced! Thumbs Up Would love to see more pictures and if you would be willing to share on working with big rocks and the wicked awesome Totem's. Have you ever tried the VTS?

I think one of the big selling points on the Alphas is the switchable controls.

Cornell
05-14-2011, 11:57 PM
Nice picture Advanced! Thumbs Up Would love to see more pictures and if you would be willing to share on working with big rocks and the wicked awesome Totem's. Have you ever tried the VTS?

I think one of the big selling points on the Alphas is the switchable controls.

Thanks, usually the rocks aren't that large. Had a 950G Cat bring it pretty close and had to drag it the rest of the way to the wall with the 450. When I rolled the rock onto the 950G's bucket and he lifted it up to carry it the front tires sunk 1 1/2 feet down into the field he carried it out of. lol I'm guessing it weighed anywhere from 9-11k because the 450 could curl it back but when I dragged it the back end would pop up even with the arms all the way down.

I've never tried VTS because we do a a lot of digging, heavy material handling and grading with our CTLs and I'm very weary of the stress the single sprocket design puts on the chains of wheeled skids.

Got a bunch of pictures but none so far with the Totem on the 160. I'll have to get on that next week.

I will say that before we go ahead with another CTL purchase I will drive the Case and Bobcat T770 on site.

Cornell
07-17-2011, 05:58 PM
Had a chance to drive a new CASE skid steer and I cannot describe how much I was disappointed with them. The machine I ran was a SV300 and the cab was nothing remotely comparable to the 289 we demo'd or the T770 we demo'd and now own. The delay in the electric/hydraulic controls is terrible, the cab is laid out horribly as well. The Cat and Bobcat both have screens to keep track of vitals and service intervals, service on the Bobcat (filters, battery, oil changes) is better thought out than on the CASE. The visibility is terrible as well. Not really sure what they were thinking. I was a die-hard Case fan with the old 1845's and XT series. Now it's just bad. I've got 25 hours on the T770 so far and I can't wait to run that machine. It plain out flys in 2nd gear and has tons of power. The roller suspension is a godsend for going over curbs and other rough terrain and I didn't notice much of a difference in grading like I did with the Cats undercarriage.

The Cat and our T770 are much quieter as well in the cab. My Dad took second place at the Case Rodeo Challenge at the Shakopee Titan (St. Joeseph) dealership this last Friday.

I would have done better had the controls not been switched to Deere controls on the Backhoe loader. lol

stuvecorp
07-17-2011, 08:26 PM
Had a chance to drive a new CASE skid steer and I cannot describe how much I was disappointed with them. The machine I ran was a SV300 and the cab was nothing remotely comparable to the 289 we demo'd or the T770 we demo'd and now own. The delay in the electric/hydraulic controls is terrible, the cab is laid out horribly as well. The Cat and Bobcat both have screens to keep track of vitals and service intervals, service on the Bobcat (filters, battery, oil changes) is better thought out than on the CASE. The visibility is terrible as well. Not really sure what they were thinking. I was a die-hard Case fan with the old 1845's and XT series. Now it's just bad. I've got 25 hours on the T770 so far and I can't wait to run that machine. It plain out flys in 2nd gear and has tons of power. The roller suspension is a godsend for going over curbs and other rough terrain and I didn't notice much of a difference in grading like I did with the Cats undercarriage.

The Cat and our T770 are much quieter as well in the cab. My Dad took second place at the Case Rodeo Challenge at the Shakopee Titan (St. Joeseph) dealership this last Friday.

I would have done better had the controls not been switched to Deere controls on the Backhoe loader. lol

That's too bad. So far, unfortunately my opinion of the E/H controls is not too good also. They may be able to fix it but I think it's a huge deal(or selling point) and I think Case needs to do serious work on it. I didn't think the cab was that bad, kinda more like what the Case cabs are like now. I'm not much for technology I guess, I just write the hours/date on the filters. :)

dozerman21
07-17-2011, 09:21 PM
That's too bad. So far, unfortunately my opinion of the E/H controls is not too good also. They may be able to fix it but I think it's a huge deal(or selling point) and I think Case needs to do serious work on it. I didn't think the cab was that bad, kinda more like what the Case cabs are like now. I'm not much for technology I guess, I just write the hours/date on the filters. :)

Stuve- What controls do you have on your 440, and have you been happy with them?

stuvecorp
07-17-2011, 10:11 PM
Stuve- What controls do you have on your 440, and have you been happy with them?

I have the 'regular' Case servo's. I have always liked them from the XT's on, the S3 has much shorter 'sticks' than the XT or 440's. I refuse to pay extra for the pilots(would rather spend that 'option' money for something else) but I also have never gotten the chance to run a pilot Case machine.

I played around with the new E/H controls awhile ago and then at the Rodeo and after thinking about it am disappointed with them. At the Rodeo there was a big lag with them, maybe they need to be 'tuned' but still.

I like the option to switch to the Cat controls as Dad hates the Case controls when he has to load(and I don't like all the dirt that is in the cab/roof...:nono:) but I don't think I could deal with the E/H controls all the time.

Cornell
07-17-2011, 11:36 PM
The mechanic that I talked to at the rodeo also said that they would be able to tune them and adjust them to the operators liking. Having a 1/4 to 1/2 a second delay in the machine isn't a good thing.

To me it just seems that since the 400 series and S3 CASE has been behind and they don't really care. They were two years late into the CTL market as well.

The Cat we demo'd and our T770 is optioned out minus hi-flow because we never use it. I pull a lever to adjust the joysticks and arm rests were the SV they had those stupid knobs you had to undo to move it. Much of the machine seemed like an afterthought in my opinion. The T770 and 289C had an actual air ride seat where the CASE used tech that is at least 15 years old with the twist knob to adjust the seat for a different operators weight.

On the keyless machines I can't tell you how many people hit the start button instead of the power button to turn it off. The starter loved that. You think they would have put a lockout on it just for things like that. It's the little things that annoyed me. Like with these sealed/pressurized cabs now, the outside windows are much more likely to get dirty and yet CASE put the window grids on the outside.

The T770 has foot controls, Case controls or Cat controls all in the push of a button. On the newer machines I like the cat controls because when turning the machine isn't so twitchy. It took me about 10 hours to get used to but I love it now. Free hand to drink a pop or adjust the radio.

And besides that our dealership won't be getting anymore tracked machines in until late August/September and they only got 3 to begin with.

Rant over lol

coopers
07-18-2011, 02:07 AM
Would love to see more pictures and if you would be willing to share on working with big rocks and the wicked awesome Totem's. .

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=331702&page=3

Cornell
07-18-2011, 02:15 AM

Thanks, I'm trying to get that thread moved and the title changed. Still waiting on a reply.

Ozz
07-18-2011, 05:10 PM
Going to try this again, they got some more skids in but the SR200 is already gone but got to see the SV250 and SV300. They had a NH L223 also and it is the same but different. I am liking the SV300, anyone need a 440/VTS? :)

Yes, but I can't afford it, and already have a 435/VTS to use.

stuvecorp
07-18-2011, 06:48 PM

I saw those, but thanks. :)

Yes, but I can't afford it, and already have a 435/VTS to use.

Sure you can, just imagine the fun of a PowerTan dynamic duo! :clapping:

Ozz
07-18-2011, 09:20 PM
I saw those, but thanks. :)

Sure you can, just imagine the fun of a PowerTan dynamic duo! :clapping:

Like a 580 and 435? Got it.

stuvecorp
07-18-2011, 09:53 PM
Like a 580 and 435? Got it.

TLB's are DEAD TO ME! :hammerhead:

Ozz
07-18-2011, 10:15 PM

What if I told you we just picked up a 963C?

stuvecorp
07-18-2011, 10:57 PM
What if I told you we just picked up a 963C?

I got nothing. :confused::)

coopers
07-19-2011, 02:29 AM

TLB's have feelings too!!

ksss
07-21-2011, 04:02 PM
I just picked up the TR320. Pretty sweet so far. I will know more about it shortly. I am just demoing it right now.