PDA

View Full Version : RH stander pivot points

Rcgm
02-04-2011, 10:03 PM
Ok I have a 2004 or 5 not sure 36" RH stander.I need to check the serial # for the correct year. My deck is SUPER sloppy back and forth play a real rattle box. The mower only has 700 hours on it.I take very good care of it.About a year ago one of the bolts holding the pivot point to the frame broke.I replaced it now the deck is more sloppy and the pivot points are bent where they mount to the frame. I have contacted 2 dealers in my area and they act like I am crazy when I ask them if the can perform the pivot point upgrade.They say they never heard of it.They act like they don't even want to find out what it is about.So I have contacted Wright 2 times now via there website telling them my problem with not being able to find a dealer in my area to fix my problem and I don't even get a response.I am located in Indianapolis Indiana can anyone help? I wouldn't even mind driving a few hours to drop it off if someone knows a dealer that can fix it.

WrightCommercial
02-07-2011, 02:54 PM
Rcgm,

We responded to your email on Jan. 31, we included the part number and bulletin numbers concerning the repair you asked about. If you use the dealer locator on our website you can bring up all the dealers within a 100 mile radius of your zip code. If you are still having a problem getting a dealer to help contact us directly at 301-360-9810.

Best Regards
Wright Mfg.

Rcgm
02-07-2011, 11:52 PM
I found your email in my spam folder.The problem I am having is finding a dealer. Macallister,Dannemiller,Carmel Welding and Reynolds WERE the dealers in my area.They have all stopped selling your products and have no interest in helping me.They say they can get parts but they don't want to service your products.I have 2 Standers the 1 is the RH.My stander is 6 years old but it is in perfect shape except for the side to side movement.When I take the parking break off the controls will not move so I have to shake the upright part side to side to make the controls unstick.My axle bolts/pivot points have fell off and I have reinstalled them.I don't have any problem with the deck raising or lowering it is just where the pivot points mount there is alot of play they are sloppy.I have ordered 2 new ones and am going to try that.Do you think the frame has been waldered out?

WrightCommercial
02-09-2011, 10:05 AM
Rcgm,

If there is wear in the pivot hole the new pins can still be used. The key will be to make sure the rear axle is level before you drill the second mounting hole for the new pins. Once both bolts are tight on the pin it will hold the pin where you positioned it even if the hole is out of round. The older pin would loosen after a while if there was wear in the pivot hole because only one bolt held it in place. If these dealers have stopped selling equipment the distributor has not notified us that these dealers are not active which is why they still show up on our locator. Sorry for the confusion.

Best Regards
Wright Mfg.

Rcgm
02-09-2011, 05:39 PM
Chris nice talking to you today.Thanks for your input and help.I think once my new pins show up and a little welding I will be good to go.Sorry if I came across rude in my emails I was just frustrated with this problem.My standers are great mowers I will not hesitate to purchase another one in the near future.

pugs
02-11-2011, 11:39 AM
It would be a more expensive route but I think you would be better off putting the whole new lift kit in. I have had no problems with ones that I have done that too.

Rcgm
02-12-2011, 12:34 AM
Pugs I explored that option and I have no problems with anything other than the pins.Where the pins mount to the frame with the 1 bolt they bend over time allowing the pin to start moving around causing play.Now Wright makes the pin with 2 mounting holes this will eliminate the problem with them coming loose.If they start to come loose again I will weld them to the frame.The lift kit is 389 dollars not worth it in my book just for a axle pin problem.

pugs
02-12-2011, 11:50 AM
All the ones I have done have been under warranty so not sure on the MSRP of the kit. That sounds high but not sure. Its the right way to fix the problem.

Andyshine77
03-12-2011, 02:51 AM
I have a 52" RH that's been nothing but a pain. The large mount where the deck mounts to the frame is so loose from bouncing up down, the hole in the support arm is now oval Just one more thing that Wright will refuse to fix correctly. My RH looks new and it only has 90 some hours on it.

Rcgm
05-31-2011, 10:41 PM
What is the upgraded pivot point with the 2 holes part number?
Thanks

WrightCommercial
06-01-2011, 11:55 AM
Rcgm,

It will be the same number in the IPL, we didn't change it since it is interchangeable, 93460054.

Best Regards
Wright Mfg.