PDA

View Full Version : How do you get clients?

MXrider13
02-05-2011, 06:21 PM
Ok I am 18 going on 19 and I live in florida were the weeds are still growing. I live in a sub division were most of the yards are small so I am only charging 15 an hour to pull weeds. Most yards will only take an hour to do. I have gone door to door dress business causal, sounded professional and the only reply I ever get is "oh sorry, we don't need weed pulling try the people next door" or when a women answers the door "aw thats cute and young man running a business, sorry I don't need lawn care though". How do you get clinets? I've also tried printing out flyers a putting them on the door. I've done everything how do you people get clinets?

GTC1187
02-05-2011, 06:44 PM
Well, you may want to try distributing between 5-20K fliers or doorhangers. That will get you some business I imagine.

GTC1187
02-05-2011, 06:45 PM
You also may want to try charging a higher rate per hour. Our hourly rate per man is $60.

Gravelyftw
02-05-2011, 06:48 PM
charge about $40 an hour. If you think a yard is gonna take you an hour to do charge them $40. but I dont reccomend telling them your charging an hourly rate. And make fliers/posters/business cards anything but door to door

MXrider13
02-05-2011, 08:27 PM
Well, you may want to try distributing between 5-20K fliers or doorhangers. That will get you some business I imagine.

I guess Ill go with the flyer Idea

MXrider13
02-05-2011, 08:29 PM
charge about $40 an hour. If you think a yard is gonna take you an hour to do charge them $40. but I dont reccomend telling them your charging an hourly rate. And make fliers/posters/business cards anything but door to door

lll try fliers and make it $30-$40 dollars.

Baytownlawncare
02-05-2011, 08:49 PM
Website. Flyers are a waste of time. You have to put out so many and when you get to the door sometimes there are 3 other cards stuck in the door for lawn service. People throw them in the trash or don't even bother taking them off the door.

944own
02-06-2011, 02:33 PM
try a ad on craigslist, you will get allot of cheapos but if you are cool with those sort of prices you could get covered up pretty quick. good luck

MXrider13
02-06-2011, 02:55 PM
try a ad on craigslist, you will get allot of cheapos but if you are cool with those sort of prices you could get covered up pretty quick. good luck

I found a few "cheapos" already.

New2TheGreenIndustry
02-06-2011, 05:19 PM
Some may consider the "Flyer/rock in a bag" method taboo, however, you will generate some business. It might be a cheaper way to get your name out there. Keep in mind, it is the cheap way...not the most professional. Once you have the ball rolling I would look into direct mail ads. Do a search on here, there is a lot of useful info on vendors etc.