PDA

View Full Version : does color matter?

grass disaster
02-06-2011, 02:09 PM
working on some marketing things like signage bus cards and post cards for this year.

my logo works with any color really. like to stick with either black or white background.

my truck and trailer is black. my web site is kinda based on white.

i'm trying to decide if i should just stick with all black backgound advertising material? i dont plan on getting rid of my truck or trailer.

my next project is business cards. i just got done updating my website www.grassmasterservice.com

grass disaster
02-06-2011, 05:09 PM
almost thinking of going with black business cards with green and white text

grass disaster
02-06-2011, 09:44 PM
any help here tonight?

bustutah
02-07-2011, 01:07 AM
I've spent the money on colored items. Truck for sure. Did not seem to make a diff with the door hangers. I would say color on the cards. It's all about the impression you want to leave. Quick and cheap or takes time and more pricey. There is a customer base for both.

phillie
02-07-2011, 01:12 AM
For me I use the color as branding. I have a bright red truck and white lettering, so all of my marketing material looks the same. My website goes with my truck which goes with my door hangers and postcards. If your logo is all the branding you need then dont worry about it.

grass disaster
02-08-2011, 07:13 PM
gave the project to my friend who designed my logo. i dont have the patience to come up with something presentable

rnd
02-09-2011, 04:38 PM
visit our website at rndsigns.com for FREE ideas on putting together any promotional piece - full color images that are guaranteed to stand out from the competition.

Download a FREE marketing handbook and planner

bohiaa
02-11-2011, 04:48 PM
Go ask Obummer

RLS24
02-11-2011, 05:00 PM
Even though your truck and trailer is black, make your advertisements give visual clues to what they are for at first glance. If you just put your name and phone number on a piece of white paper, at first glance it could be anything from a lawn care service to a promotion for makeup. Add colors and visual cues to your advertisement that lead on to what it is so people know that its something with outdoor service before they even read the name. So put a lot of green on it, maybe in the form of a picture of grass or some plants, anything outdoors related.