PDA

View Full Version : Bang bar/headache rack?

South Florida Lawns
02-06-2011, 06:58 PM
So I'm in the market for some rear window protection for my pickup as I have already had a log go through the back. I'm still debating it though because I'm worried it will make backing the truck and visibility issues for me and my guys. Does it cut visibility to the point where it will be a pain? I dont wanna sink a few hundred and not be happy. I'm looking at the rki brand, i know backrack makes 2 models but they are junk IMO, had issues with that brand before.

deere615
02-06-2011, 08:15 PM
I have the safety rack style and it doesn't cut down on visibility at all really provides maximum protection and to me seems very strong never had a problem with it. I love it

StihlBR600
02-06-2011, 09:23 PM
Check out accelerator industries

South Florida Lawns
02-06-2011, 09:40 PM
I have the safety rack style and it doesn't cut down on visibility at all really provides maximum protection and to me seems very strong never had a problem with it. I love it

So it not a pain seeing out the back. I got a crew cab and tint so I'm still debating.

Check out accelerator industries

Thanks checking them out now!

deere615
02-07-2011, 07:28 PM
So it not a pain seeing out the back. I got a crew cab and tint so I'm still debating.

Thanks checking them out now!

Not at all the tint you have makes it much worse. This is the style I have on my 2 trucks maximum potection and visbility

ProTouch Groundscapes
02-09-2011, 09:21 PM
i bought a spyder industries bare rack and added my own lights to it. they have many different styles from very minimal to full out accessorized.

PeterA
02-10-2011, 01:16 AM
StihlBR600,

Thanks for the post. What we are trying to do is a bit different from a utility rack. We started out thinking we would do something along the lines of what is already out there, but as we got into it we decided to go for the high end (It is more fun to work in this area) Our rack is machined and tig welded, with custom options and a screen made from 1/4 inch 6061 machined plate, rather than expanded metal or wire.
Nobody does this that I know of except us. So if you want something cool for your rig, check us out.
http://www.getbackbone.com/