PDA

View Full Version : Godaddy.co

srl28
02-07-2011, 01:54 PM
Who uses it for their website? Whats the good bad and the ugly about it? We have the start of a website but it needs a lot of work. Needs to be put into an SEO format so search engines can find it, I want to be in control to update and add things, etc. Any suggestions?

Puttinggreens
02-07-2011, 02:00 PM
The good is they are a very large company. And at what they do they are reasonable priced. They are also very good when you need technical advice over the phone. Make take a couple minutes to get to a live person but it is worth it for us, they are usually quite knowageable.

Landrus2
02-07-2011, 02:05 PM
Who uses it for their website? Whats the good bad and the ugly about it? We have the start of a website but it needs a lot of work. Needs to be put into an SEO format so search engines can find it, I want to be in control to update and add things, etc. Any suggestions?

Do not attempt this alone.

srl28
02-07-2011, 06:28 PM
Anyone else have some real advice or some actual experience with godaddy.co?

GSPHUNTER
02-07-2011, 06:43 PM
I know this isn't real insightful or anything, but I did buy my domain from them. My graphic design guy is working on the sight. In my opinion, the "bad" of a company like GoDaddy is the uniformity of the templates they provide. This is why I am having a graphics guy do my actual site design. They know how to make things flow right and look unique vs the GoDaddy template approach where you can only get so much of a unique look. My graphics guy designed my logo, brochures, trucks, and I'm sold on spending the money with him.

srl28
02-07-2011, 07:00 PM
So if you wanted to, how much of your site can you design on your own and how easy is it to do?
I know there are sites where you can purchase templates and somehow (im not 100% technical) have the template you purchased become the one on your website.

PLS-Tx
02-08-2011, 12:03 AM
We are using Godaddy, very happy with them.

You can see our site in my sig, it's not the greatest but it works good for us.

hairbearxx
02-21-2011, 04:10 PM
I'm going through Network Solutions. I kinda "pirated" their info from a former boss of mine, and I know e went hunting for the cheapest, yet most reliable, web host. They dont cost that much at all. Try them out!

walker-talker
02-21-2011, 05:36 PM
I used godaddy for the last year on a site I just sold yesterday. Support is good, but it's not toll free. I don't think most are now-a-days. Good thing about godaddy and a few others (bluehost) is that if you pay for hosting in advance and cancel, you get pro-rated your money back. I personally use Bluehost $4 a month for hosting and $2.50 a month for a dedicated IP address. You will want a dedicated IP address...this is for sure. If not, your site could be penalized for what others do wrong...with a shared hosting account. For my website, I use a program called Joomla. I know a little about html, but my website was a free template and I can add, change stuff with little effort. PM if you want to know more.