PDA

View Full Version : ipad apps

Green Feet Lawn
02-07-2011, 04:42 PM
I am buying an ipad. Any suggestions on must have apps for business, time management, landscaping, fun, etc.

juststartin
02-07-2011, 06:59 PM
I have one I will sell you!

Green Feet Lawn
02-08-2011, 03:52 AM
Thanks but I am able to get an awesome deal through my wife's employer. What are you looking to get for it, if there is anybody interested on here?

Roger
02-08-2011, 06:56 AM
Sounds like cart-before-the-horse, ... don't know what to do with the device before buying.

Green Feet Lawn
02-08-2011, 07:04 AM
Roger thanks for your help. Sounds like you jumped to your own conclusions. My wife already has one and I have had a chance to play with it. I know some apps I will be using but just wondered if there were others that people felt were worthwhile.

Roger
02-08-2011, 07:12 AM
Sorry, ... just using the information supplied.

Perhaps the key word in your experiences, "... playing ..." I know several people who have them, and I've spoken in detail with them. I wanted to know if I should make the investment. Only a couple of people have had good uses, most are just in the "playing" mode. Even people with iPhone apps and iTouch apps (should work one with the other), rarely do I find somebody making good use of their tool. I have an iTouch and use two apps, one of which is ToDo, a task scheduler. I do all my lawn service work through this task scheduler. It works fine, but was an unhappy camper when all my data was lost on a version upgrade. I had put all my maintenance part numbers (e.g. oil filter, spark plug, etc) in ToDo, ... all lost on the upgrade. Back to pen and paper for the important items.

Green Feet Lawn
02-08-2011, 07:19 AM
was an unhappy camper when all my data was lost on a version upgrade. I had put all my maintenance part numbers (e.g. oil filter, spark plug, etc) in ToDo, ... all lost on the upgrade. Back to pen and paper for the important items.

Wow What a bummer. Sorry to hear that.

morturf
02-10-2011, 11:45 AM
I'm in the process of making an app for keeping track of chem apps. So far so good. It will use a database for the engine and be able to keep track of what was used, when, and how much. I am really developing this for my own use but am also considering marketing it if I like it enough and get the bugs out of it. Gonna let the employees use it to see if it is robust enough for them to use and easy to navigate. Like i said it is a work in progress but i really like the Ipad and how easy it is to use. Tried other touchscreen laptops and things like that but the Ipad is easier to use. Just what I am doing.

Brodie
02-10-2011, 05:30 PM
I'd be interested in your chem app. I have been looking for different apps for running a all service mowing, lawn care, and tree service business. Id make them myself but I just dont have the technical ability to do it.

I think using I pads and similar products is a great direction to move the business in especially from a reducing and containing paperwork and record side of things.

stang2244
02-10-2011, 08:59 PM
I went to a local Lawn/Landscape expo today and a company was introducing an app called "Work Crews" that looked interesting. More geared towards time management and efficiency....here is their site: http://www.inspiringapps.com/platformapps/workcrews/

tradeyouraccounts
02-12-2011, 04:59 PM
Stitcher is a great app for listing to podcasts, i use it all day long to listen them while out and about and in the office.