PDA

View Full Version : Best year ever so far...

The Lighting Geek
02-08-2011, 05:40 PM
I am experiencing the best year ever for this early in the year.

What is everyone experiencing?

Mark B
02-08-2011, 09:14 PM
As far as lighting goes it has sucked for me.

BUT for the big picture it has been great. I landed a sweet FT job working for the best company to work for in the US for 2 yrs in a row. I am still in shock.

RLI Electric
02-08-2011, 09:19 PM
SNOW thats what I am experiencing,Tommy! Hope you're happy. I leave the desert just to come home and chip away at ice on my roof. Glad you made it home safely.

4 seasons lawn&land
02-09-2011, 09:52 AM
cold and snow

punt66
02-09-2011, 09:54 AM
Me too. Not lighting but snow plowing. I have been saying that i see good things for 11.

Lite4
02-09-2011, 12:33 PM
Snow and 2" of ice on everything. You California boys got it so easy when it comes to weather.

irrig8r
02-09-2011, 01:00 PM
Snow and 2" of ice on everything. You California boys got it so easy when it comes to weather.

Yeah, but we pay for it in things like gas prices and housing. OTOH, my winter PG and E bill (utilities) still runs under $80 per month.

Classic Lighting
02-09-2011, 02:05 PM
Wow Gregg, $80 is a deal for winter heating. But your right about gas prices. I was in CA last week and was shocked at $3.60 gas.

On the other hand, I don't have any projects lined up for spring lighting installs as of now. I still think the economy has people scared to let go of their green.

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
02-09-2011, 07:46 PM
We are looking forward to huge start to the season as soon as the snow and ice leave us. We now have 11 new installations lined up, most of them large scale. This represents an increase in pre-bookings of 50% over previous/recent years.

I am seriously considering bringing on more staff this year (administrative & service) in order to introduce some more balance to my life. It's time to learn how to play golf, and enjoy more time with my young family. (before it is too late)

(Hey Gregg... care to pick up my furnace oil bill for the house and shop for January? :) about 10x your monthly bill. )

4 seasons lawn&land
02-09-2011, 08:28 PM
got you all beat. With the prices in NY AND the brutal weather!

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
02-09-2011, 09:39 PM
No, I think we have you beaten there too... we are currently paying about $1.14 per litre. There are 3.785 Litres in a US Gallon. Some quick math tells me that we are now paying $4.31 per gallon for regular gasoline. Diesel is more still.

The crazy thing is, that Canada is the largest supplier of oil to the USA, and yet you can still buy it cheaper there than we can here! More for you guys to be happy and positive about. :)

punt66
02-09-2011, 09:51 PM
No, I think we have you beaten there too... we are currently paying about $1.14 per litre. There are 3.785 Litres in a US Gallon. Some quick math tells me that we are now paying $4.31 per gallon for regular gasoline. Diesel is more still.

The crazy thing is, that Canada is the largest supplier of oil to the USA, and yet you can still buy it cheaper there than we can here! More for you guys to be happy and positive about. :)

i bought gas at stop and shop today for $3.09. The gas stations are up to $3.47

niteliters
02-10-2011, 09:58 AM
It has been an odd start to the year for us. not sure of the #, but I would guess we experienced an increase of 100 to 150% for the month of January. Some of that work is add ons for existing clients but much is new. People are calling, we are not aggressively advertising so not sure really why. a few are large projects in the mix, so that squews the %. This month hasn't amounted to much but i have been out of town for all of it so far. The weather hasn't been helpful. I would bet we'll all be pretty busy in a month when the weather breaks

NightScenes
02-15-2011, 02:47 PM
I wouldn't say that it's the best ever but it is looking pretty darn good for us right now. 2 large celebrity projects working along with some small fill in stuff right now.

Mark B
02-15-2011, 07:05 PM
Well it is amazing how a week can be.. I just landed a small project (tonight), priced 1last weekend, was told I got a big project to do in a month or so, once they close on it.
Posted via Mobile Device