PDA

View Full Version : flipping direction on a radial?

Junior M
02-09-2011, 11:18 AM
I've got a 33in BFG mud terrain radial and they are wearing a little funny, I am thinking flipping the tires from the driver side to the passenger side and vice versa would fix this wear problem..

But I am having a problem. I've been told I can change the direction on my tire and I've also been told I cant because it'll come apart.

So can I change the direction or not?

South Florida Lawns
02-09-2011, 08:14 PM
There non directional, you can flip em and be fine.

Landrus2
02-09-2011, 08:36 PM
Flow the chart:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Junior M
02-09-2011, 10:51 PM
Flow the chart:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
Thats what I was taught in school.. But we never talked about the different types of tires just always did that and always rotated them that way..

But when I was doing it at a buddys shop rotating my tires my dad and all the guys there said not to change direction.. So thats why I came here..

unkownfl
02-10-2011, 11:16 PM
On a directional they can separate. I had a pair of good years that came apart because they were mounted backwards. It took a few thousand miles but the tread came right off. Your tires are fine to do x rotate them.

Jason Rose
02-11-2011, 01:19 AM
Right or wrong, I was told that you should rotate them as per the chart above UNLESS you have gone well over the recommended rotation interval, like you already have 15,000 miles on them and decide to rotate. I was told to NOT reverse the rotation on them at that point because the steel belting may have distorted in one direction and to reverse it could cause a failure. That's just what my step-dad told me year ago, and he's an "expert" in about everything. (in other words someone else probably told him that, lol)