PDA

View Full Version : Business from a website

rmslawns
02-09-2011, 10:57 AM
Does having a website bring an increase in business or leads? Seems like nobody picks up a phone book anymore and I was thinking about a webpage but wanted to hear from those that have one. Thanks.

mslawn
02-09-2011, 11:02 AM
I have gotten business off of mine. I have had it for years. Put a counter on the bottom of your page so you know how approx. how many visits you have had. I use register.com, do it yourself website is easy and around 15 dollars a month.
This is mine www.midsouthlawn.com . One day I will add some good pictures, just never have time.

Woody82986
02-09-2011, 11:52 AM
I think it depends greatly on the area you live in, but in general I would say that a website is almost an essential part of doing business these days. I derive the grand majority of estimate requests from driving traffic to my website. I would say at least 90% come from it. The key is to have a good looking, informative website that is easy to navigate and calls the potential client to action quickly. In the areas I cover you are right, hardly anyone picks up a physical phonebook anymore except for my 67 year old dad (and even he is starting to use the internet more and more for these types of things).

RHayden
02-09-2011, 02:31 PM
We get a great deal of business from ours. It also provides a great reference to refer potential clients to so they can see work portfolios, gain some product info and project ideas/perspectives, learn about your company etc.

It has also cut the number of window shoppers way down as well. Just make sure you have it tastefully designed and your other marketing tools drive people toward your site.

Performance Lawn Care
02-09-2011, 03:17 PM
We get a great deal of business from ours. It also provides a great reference to refer potential clients to so they can see work portfolios, gain some product info and project ideas/perspectives, learn about your company etc.

It has also cut the number of window shoppers way down as well. Just make sure you have it tastefully designed and your other marketing tools drive people toward your site.

nice website, where did you find alot of the "did you know" stuff, its a nice touch. Ive started talking to a web designer about 2 months ago but I am a little apprehensive about pulling the trigger, but the time may be fast approaching.

RHayden
02-09-2011, 08:56 PM
nice website, where did you find alot of the "did you know" stuff, its a nice touch. Ive started talking to a web designer about 2 months ago but I am a little apprehensive about pulling the trigger, but the time may be fast approaching.

Our designer actually came up with the "did you know idea" and there is certainly no shortage of experts and studies to cite on the web these days.
My .02--- make sure your designer is a good fit for you personality wise and understands your business so you are both on the same page. Our first attempt with a different designer didn't work out so well. At least not for us. She stilled made her going rate though:laugh:

Just noticed the slide show isn't showing up on ours so I better have that checked out.

stevenf
02-09-2011, 11:31 PM
I would have to agree that a website works. I just made a website for myself through yahoo site builder. Its 9.99 a month. I just picked up a new biweekly accounts from someone who found me on google. Already worth the investment.

CPW
02-10-2011, 11:47 AM
I think a website or facebook page is a must have these days. The internet presence is an awesome form of advertisement plus it can show your perspective clients more than you could when you are meeting with them face to face. I also think that a webpage just adds to your professional appearance like uniforms and trucks with your logo on them.

gasracer
02-10-2011, 11:50 AM
Having a website is a must. Just like networking on Facebook,T-shirts,nice business cards.The people who did my website are now offering a 10% discount for anyone on Lawnsite. It is worth the cost.
http://www.liquiddatafl.com/

LawnsRUsInc.
02-12-2011, 05:31 PM
We have had a site since the late 90's and now its starting to really pay off we get anywhere from 5-$30,000 off of it a month and we bid about 50-90k a month from the site. Also if you want a web designer that is always there to make changes at the same price you guys are paying to build your own let me know. I have a web background and its not worth it to me to do the changes for the little i pay a month.

TimTim2008
06-07-2011, 11:51 PM
yes.. yes.. yes..

PostcardMania
06-08-2011, 03:44 PM
Does having a website bring an increase in business or leads? Seems like nobody picks up a phone book anymore and I was thinking about a webpage but wanted to hear from those that have one. Thanks.

Having a good website will definitely help increase your leads and customers. About 85% of consumers will visit a website (and even email you) before ever picking up the phone. However, if your site is "crappy", hard to read, overloaded with info, etc. you may just lose the leads anyway.

Here's a helpful article our CEO wrote on how to create a "good" website. It has some simple/basic tips to think with: http://www.postcardmania.com/marketing_articles/article/articleID/178

There's also this article which covers some more detailed points: http://www.postcardmania.com/marketing_articles/article/articleID/174

Hope this helps!