PDA

View Full Version : Leaf removal at bank branch

garlar55
02-09-2011, 04:59 PM
I have a bank branch that has no grass, just a large concrete courtyard. Leafs however are all over in the fall. Does anyone have any ideas for a piece of equipment that could vacuum these up and preferably reduce them in volume without spending a huge amount of money? Thanks for any and all suggestions.

knox gsl
02-09-2011, 06:06 PM
I wouldn't do this for all my jobs, but use a handheld leaf vac. Stihl has the SH 86 C-E Shredder Vac/Blower for less than $300 and would be good for an area like this and maybe hard to work with beds. I've never used one but looks like the right tool for the job.

Chevy z71
02-09-2011, 06:27 PM
A little wonder hpv sounds like it would work good.

metro36
02-09-2011, 06:46 PM
Blow them into a pile with a back pack or push blower then suck them up with a leaf loader. You can tarp them to the truck if you have to. If the equipment is available to you this is by far the fastest way.

LB1234
02-10-2011, 04:09 PM
Leaf loader into the dump or trailer or whatever else you have at your disposal...basically anything that can dump. Loader should run you around 2500-3k new and throw in another 500 bucks for the vehicle you are blowing into for some type of handling system. you could go the used route and build your own and be under 2k...which is cheap when you consider what you can charge for this service.

johnnybow
02-10-2011, 06:14 PM
I second the stihl leaf vac. They work great for the money!

XLS
02-10-2011, 06:41 PM
you can use a handheld to pile them up as suggested and then use the same handheld to vac them up , but concider if you grab a 50 gallon garbage can and a hose you can make an item like TORO makes to blow it into a larger container .......then you take a few cans and you dont have to do anything but dump the cans saving you from buying a dump,anything and a larg vac if you dont need the overhead. just an idea