PDA

View Full Version : Dingo TX413

aperfectlawn
02-10-2011, 02:36 AM
Does anyone have one or have used one that can give me their opinion?
Did it have enought power for what you expected? Or was it worse? Im looking to buy either a TX413 or a TX420. Im not expecting either machine to work like a full size skid steer.

bobw
02-11-2011, 09:38 AM
I haven't used the Dingo. If you do a search on mini-skids on this site, you'll find that it pretty much comes down to Ditch Witch and Vermeer for power and usability.

I run Ditch Witch and the most profitable hours my company has is when that machine is in use.

pikewillis1
02-11-2011, 09:13 PM
Stay away from the TX413.

It is very underpowered and was marketed for rental companys to sell to homeowners. Toro no longer sells this model.

Go with the 420

Impact-Vector
09-09-2011, 05:59 PM
Agreed.this is the smallest engine (I think 13hp?) which isn't really enough. Avoid it!
Posted via Mobile Device

CALandscapes
09-09-2011, 07:56 PM
Bobw - good advice.

The top two are the DW & Vermeer... Toro is at the bottom of the bunch.

muddywater
09-10-2011, 05:38 PM
I don't think toro is the bottom of the bunch. I would go wide track on a dingo if possible. At a bare minimum get the 420. In fact I think power to weight ratio of a 525 will smoke anything else out there. I have NEVER had a pump or drive motor failure on a dingo. I hear that is a different story on Vermeers, boxers, and ditch witches. Track life is also long on the dingo.

But basically, all of the mini skid choices are probably going to the best investment you have ever made for landscaping.