PDA

View Full Version : Dodge Cummins to get big power increase.

doubleedge
02-10-2011, 05:20 PM
http://www.autoblog.com/2011/02/10/2011-ram-3500-hd-high-output-chicago-2011-reveal/

It looks like Dodge will be right back up with Ford and Chevy in the power and torque specs, in addition to having bigger brakes and tow rating.

meets1
02-10-2011, 09:50 PM
Not much of a dodge fan nor do I keep up with the lastest. Father-in-law bought a new loaded 3/4 ton 4 door truck. I have a new GMC d-max truck. Not to start a war but my chevy is by far better designed inside and out. From shutting the doors to the noise level of each diesel running side by side, down the road and towing the trailer. In-law said good deal and wanted to try something different. Dieselpowermag.com had a good article on the ford/gm diesels comparison. But it will be good though if dodge increases - keep up and improve. That is always a good thing.

Marek
02-10-2011, 10:01 PM
Now they will just need a trans that is going to stand up to the HP .

Swampy
02-10-2011, 10:06 PM
Wait for it........... GR will chime in soon

zak406
02-11-2011, 09:08 PM
Wait for it........... GR will chime in soon

gr left man!

DoetschOutdoor
02-12-2011, 04:34 PM
Not much of a dodge fan nor do I keep up with the lastest. Father-in-law bought a new loaded 3/4 ton 4 door truck. I have a new GMC d-max truck. Not to start a war but my chevy is by far better designed inside and out. From shutting the doors to the noise level of each diesel running side by side, down the road and towing the trailer. In-law said good deal and wanted to try something different. Dieselpowermag.com had a good article on the ford/gm diesels comparison. But it will be good though if dodge increases - keep up and improve. That is always a good thing.

What year Dodge are you comparing to your new D-max? My 06 Dodge interior really dont stand up to the Fords' or Chevys' interior in looks but the new Dodges definately have stepped up! My buddies dad has a brand new ram and the interior is even with or above Ford and Chevy. Only 90k on my Dodge tho and 1 year workin out of it so Ill let ya know what my next brand of truck will be when Im ready to upgrade at about 130k:)

doubleedge
02-12-2011, 04:39 PM
What year Dodge are you comparing to your new D-max? My 06 Dodge interior really dont stand up to the Fords' or Chevys' interior in looks but the new Dodges definately have stepped up! My buddies dad has a brand new ram and the interior is even with or above Ford and Chevy. Only 90k on my Dodge tho and 1 year workin out of it so Ill let ya know what my next brand of truck will be when Im ready to upgrade at about 130k:)

I agree about the Dodge Ram's new interiors; they are really quite beautiful, doubtfully surpassed by anyone.

AEL
02-14-2011, 07:43 PM
gr left man!

No way! Seriously? I must of missed it when i was on vacation. Can someone fill me in on what happened?

meets1
02-14-2011, 08:09 PM
father in law has new 2011. I have new d max 2011. He understands but still says he got a good deal switching brands and wanted to try a dodge. Both leather, both diesel engines, both 4 door. Basically all the same loaded trucks.

zak406
02-14-2011, 11:56 PM
No way! Seriously? I must of missed it when i was on vacation. Can someone fill me in on what happened?

If memory serves me right he made a post stating that big brother was watching him and everything he did. So he simply asked if the mods would delete his username and everything he had posted! Now I dont know if they deleted his content but I have not heard or seen from him since that post as im pretty sure that post was deleted! Who knows maybe he finally moved out of mom and dads basement!!!

So the thread does need a gr opinon: the cummins is a throw away engine! :rolleyes:

Swampy
02-15-2011, 12:22 AM
If memory serves me right he made a post stating that big brother was watching him and everything he did. So he simply asked if the mods would delete his username and everything he had posted! Now I dont know if they deleted his content but I have not heard or seen from him since that post as im pretty sure that post was deleted! Who knows maybe he finally moved out of mom and dads basement!!!

So the thread does need a gr opinon: the cummins is a throw away engine! :rolleyes:

Classic

As for the new dodge, meh its another truck but its good to have competion between the big 3. I have no brand loyality.

AEL
02-15-2011, 10:17 AM
Big brother? As in the Canadian Government? lmfao. Unreal.

zabmasonry
02-15-2011, 10:24 AM
It wasn't real clear to me, but it appears that dodge is too killing the manual transmission, which, in my opinion, is a real bummer. I won't buy a truck that doesn't have a standard, I don't think that you can beat the reliability and low cost of ownership on a standard.

zak406
02-15-2011, 06:36 PM
Big brother? As in the Canadian Government? lmfao. Unreal.

You got it my friend, you really picked the wrong week to go away on vacation. Obviously better planning will be required next time :)

Swampy
02-15-2011, 08:34 PM
It wasn't real clear to me, but it appears that dodge is too killing the manual transmission, which, in my opinion, is a real bummer. I won't buy a truck that doesn't have a standard, I don't think that you can beat the reliability and low cost of ownership on a standard.

BOOOOO!!!:hammerhead::hammerhead:

Now all we need is another GR and it will feel like home.

supercuts
02-16-2011, 07:25 PM
i was thinking about trading my 08 f350 6.4 powerstroke, i hate it. its always in regen because i dont drive far enough. dealer said it would work fine when i bought, yeah right! i loved Ford but have really had it with them. i have no more loyalty and 4 fords are on the chopping block as finances allow me to swap them out.

this time i went to garages, tranny shops, and consumer protection after going through a lemon law with my truck. I asked them all what they would get. nearly every single one of a dozen picked GM. its not about what i preffer with looks and who has the highest HP, i was happy with the power of my 00' f350 7.3l . to me its about reliability and repair costs/downtime

GravelyGuy
02-16-2011, 07:36 PM
i was thinking about trading my 08 f350 6.4 powerstroke, i hate it. its always in regen because i dont drive far enough. dealer said it would work fine when i bought, yeah right! i loved Ford but have really had it with them. i have no more loyalty and 4 fords are on the chopping block as finances allow me to swap them out.

this time i went to garages, tranny shops, and consumer protection after going through a lemon law with my truck. I asked them all what they would get. nearly every single one of a dozen picked GM. its not about what i preffer with looks and who has the highest HP, i was happy with the power of my 00' f350 7.3l . to me its about reliability and repair costs/downtime

Supercuts,

Why don't you tune and rip that DPF off of your 6.4? Are you getting close to your 100k warranty?

supercuts
02-16-2011, 07:42 PM
Supercuts,

Why don't you tune and rip that DPF off of your 6.4? Are you getting close to your 100k warranty?

i would but ive only got 46K miles on it and 2yrs left on the warrnaty

GravelyGuy
02-16-2011, 08:00 PM
i would but ive only got 46K miles on it and 2yrs left on the warrnaty

I see. I only have 6K miles on my 2011 and it's begging me to take it off. Mine only goes into regen about every 400 miles though.

ProTouch Groundscapes
02-16-2011, 10:21 PM
come springtime the dpf/doc combo from hell are coming off my truck. im sick of the regen crap and plowing doesnt help it out.

better mileage and more reliability are definitely worth me forsaking the remainder of my warranty.

im only at 50K on my 09 6.4

GravelyGuy
02-16-2011, 10:44 PM
come springtime the dpf/doc combo from hell are coming off my truck. im sick of the regen crap and plowing doesnt help it out.

better mileage and more reliability are definitely worth me forsaking the remainder of my warranty.

im only at 50K on my 09 6.4

Just keep in mind these newer diesels would cost upwards of 15k+++ to replace should something happen.

ProTouch Groundscapes
02-17-2011, 11:31 AM
from the research ive been doing and talking to guys that have run spartans/sct for a while now and have had no issues. the motor itself is very reliable as Navistar learned their lessons with the 6.0L and built this one much heavier.

and as for Dodge touting that they dont need urea, that is really a load of bs. the urea allows the truck to put off needing to regen as often and regens just plain suck. especially if you plow and are running at lower rpm's or speeds. urea increases your mileage as well b/c of regening less often.

supercuts
02-17-2011, 08:02 PM
Just keep in mind these newer diesels would cost upwards of 15k+++ to replace should something happen.

if you go to ford forums a few guys have said theirs blew up and ford refuses to cover it claiming they didnt do all the maintenance like fuel filters, etc. they also said its in the $25,000 range to change the engine. Ford wants $3,000 to change the oil pan in my 00' f350 7.3 powerstroke, now factor in the cost of that 6.4 engine and removing the cab!

wait until all of us "loyal" Ford guys band together in a class action lawsuit against ford for their de-laminating fuel tanks. my first cost $3500, and two years/15K miles later it did it again even thought it was the "new and improved" tank that I wasnt supposed to ever have to worry about again according to the dealer.

im sorry, wasnt this a cummins thread???