PDA

View Full Version : This made me laugh

bobcat_ron
02-10-2011, 09:45 PM
My brother phoned me up one night and asked me if I was still planning on selling my skid steer, I said yes, but I am still using it.

So he says "I have an idea, later on this year in June or so, I would like to have my own skid steer, so why don't we both go to Finning and you tell them that you want to trade in your Takeuchi against a Cat skid steer that you know will be a good machine for me, then they will do the final payout on your Takeuchi, and I will take over the payments 1 month later on the new machine."

I just started screaming. :laugh:

I told him based on my knowledge of CTL's and their comparisions and the lack of power from Cat's skid steers, I can save you and me both some paper work and I'll just keep my f***ing Takeuchi and sell it.

He gets a shiny new Cat CTL and I get nothing, I get screwed. :laugh:

So at dinner time I asked my mom if she was sure that after 33 years that this idiot was actually my brother, she said, "I am almost 99.5% positive he's your brother, sorry."

Thanks Mom. :cool2:

BrandonV
02-11-2011, 01:00 AM
Got to love family.
Posted via Mobile Device

Junior M
02-11-2011, 07:22 AM
Family is always lookin out for ya....

DirtMerchant
02-11-2011, 04:37 PM
When are you leaving for the island?

Ozz
02-11-2011, 06:47 PM
Ah... Family. Ain't it grand? :laugh:

stuvecorp
02-11-2011, 07:47 PM
Wow Ron. Did you do something to your brother when you were younger? :confused::)

Swampy
02-11-2011, 07:55 PM
Wow Ron. Did you do something to your brother when you were younger? :confused::)

Maybe he duck taped him in a cardboard box and pushed him down a staircase.

bobcat_ron
02-11-2011, 08:47 PM
When are you leaving for the island?

I had to put that on hold, too many unanswered questions about the company, very secretive as to who they really are.
But work is right back to full tilt here, I've even been doing 3 days of demo work in North Vancouver, talk about an eye opening place.

DirtMerchant
02-12-2011, 04:43 AM
I had to put that on hold, too many unanswered questions about the company, very secretive as to who they really are.
But work is right back to full tilt here, I've even been doing 3 days of demo work in North Vancouver, talk about an eye opening place.

?? expand on that idea?

bobcat_ron
02-12-2011, 10:05 AM
?? expand on that idea?

All I will comment on is how many messages can you have in your cell phone voice mail inbox before no one can leave a message, if your inbox is full, that means you don't want people calling you because of a bad history.

Skidsteerman
02-14-2011, 04:07 PM
Just remember, the nut doesn't fall very far from the tree.

Hollowellreid
02-14-2011, 07:03 PM
In all reality he may be doing you a favor, you bought that machine what, a year ago or so? I understand it was used but still seemed like you paid a nice bit of $$$.

Seems you might be upside down a fair bit...basically he is offering you a way out?

bobcat_ron
02-14-2011, 10:44 PM
In all reality he may be doing you a favor, you bought that machine what, a year ago or so? I understand it was used but still seemed like you paid a nice bit of $$$.

Seems you might be upside down a fair bit...basically he is offering you a way out?

Nope, he's just screwing me over, if I sell my Takeuchi now, I can pay it out and still have some chump change on the side, if we do it the way he wants to, I have nothing left over.