PDA

View Full Version : Asv rc100??

Chriscob
02-11-2011, 10:57 AM
I've had an ASV RC30 for years. Great machine and I beat the snot out of it.

Thinking about getting an ASV RC 100 to switch out with my skidsteer. Need something that can move 3000 lb. pallets on jobsite. I've seen a few used with 800-1000 hrs. on them (2006-2008).

What's the feedback on them?

I searched some earlier threads and there were complaints but it seemed as if many were using them in rather constant extreme conditions.. sand, 8-10 hrs./day land clearing, brush grinding etc.(Seemed like no one was happy with their machines in those conditions, whether it was Cat, Bobcat, etc.)

I plan to use it for basic landscape installation. Grading..base prep for patios..loading/moving materials..etc.

Flotation/traction with the tracks and all-conditions operation are key.

4 seasons lawn&land
02-11-2011, 12:17 PM
Ive heard they are one of the best large frame machines and have noticed they go cheaper used then the others.

Just by looking at pictures it seems visibility out would be poor but I really cant say. Never been in one.

J. Peterson Grading
02-11-2011, 12:34 PM
Great machines and they have great visibility.

J.

ProTouch Groundscapes
02-11-2011, 01:32 PM
i have an 05' rc100 that i got pretty cheap. i put some money into new tracks and a few rollers and she rides great.

i use it for landscaping as well thats why i like the minimal damage. runs a harley rake well and can lift quite a bit as ive used it for patio demos and driveway tearouts.

in the winter it runs great on the snow and the high flow is great for my 84" snowblower.

i currently have about 23-2400hrs on mine.

the only thing that got me was the aluminum pilot block was pretty corroded due to the previous owner using it to load salt, i got the pilot block for 960 bucks from a dealer in indiana, online they were going for 1300. pretty $$$ for a 10"x10" block of aluminum.

when you go see them, drop the arms to raise the tracks off the ground and move each roller set to see if the bearings are shot, as each assembly is 700 bucks. check the bottom of the machine for oil leaks, or ask them to tilt the cab up, its only four bolts that way you can check the whole hydro assembly for any wet spots. also check the rollers for excessive play, they will have some play to them but if the wall thickness is less than 1/8" they will have to be changed and i believe there are 72 of em, but bair makes replacement poly ones. check tracks for any tears/cracks, people will complain about expensive replacements but i got em for 1650 a piece, not much more than standard ctl tracks.

and see if you can find the newer (06+ i think) b/c they have a more opened track carrier frame to allow for easier cleanout.

swanny
02-11-2011, 01:56 PM
Do you really need the 100 vs. the 80? Look at the RB auction next week in Orlando...some really low hr. 80's.

Chriscob
02-11-2011, 02:35 PM
Do you really need the 100 vs. the 80

The specs (http://www.atsequipment.com/ats_pdfs/ATS_ASV%20RC100%20Track%20Skid%20Steer.pdf) on capacities for track loaders are abit ambiguous (35% vs. 50% operating capacity?).. So I'm thinking bigger is safer.

Thanks for the replies.

ProTouch Groundscapes
02-11-2011, 05:12 PM
if you dont mind the added size and weight (10K lbs) of the 100, they are usually cheaper than the 80's on the market

stuvecorp
02-11-2011, 07:40 PM
I've had an ASV RC30 for years. Great machine and I beat the snot out of it.

Thinking about getting an ASV RC 100 to switch out with my skidsteer. Need something that can move 3000 lb. pallets on jobsite. I've seen a few used with 800-1000 hrs. on them (2006-2008).

What's the feedback on them?

I searched some earlier threads and there were complaints but it seemed as if many were using them in rather constant extreme conditions.. sand, 8-10 hrs./day land clearing, brush grinding etc.(Seemed like no one was happy with their machines in those conditions, whether it was Cat, Bobcat, etc.)

I plan to use it for basic landscape installation. Grading..base prep for patios..loading/moving materials..etc.

Flotation/traction with the tracks and all-conditions operation are key.

I personally would not go with the 100. ASV does not have the same quality as Cat, Bobcat or Case I think. A Takeuchi 130 size will lift the 3000 pounds and be much more compact and easy to move around. It may not ride as nice or be as easy on the turf but overall a better machine.

TMlawncare
02-11-2011, 08:30 PM
I personally would not go with the 100. ASV does not have the same quality as Cat, Bobcat or Case I think. A Takeuchi 130 size will lift the 3000 pounds and be much more compact and easy to move around. It may not ride as nice or be as easy on the turf but overall a better machine.

ASV does not have the same quality as Case, Cat or Bobcat, it is far superior. They make the best compact track loader on the market, always have. The Tak is very nice also but still no ASV.

stuvecorp
02-11-2011, 08:50 PM
ASV does not have the same quality as Case, Cat or Bobcat, it is far superior. They make the best compact track loader on the market, always have. The Tak is very nice also but still no ASV.

You are joking, right? I base my observation from owning a RC 30(Polaris version) since 03. ASV does not come close to the common brands fit and finish, you will likely even get ASV owners to concede that. Using the Perkins is also a major strike against it, I so wish they could have used Isuzu or Yanmar to power them. I respect what the ASV can do but would never buy one.

swanny
02-11-2011, 09:00 PM
If I had to rely on a dealer to do the service work, I'd probably not own one.

I'd say if he's going to use it himself (no employee touchee) and maintain/repair it himself as much as possible...he'll probably be alright, though there are better choices given the various track designs that are available today.

QwikDraw
02-11-2011, 10:48 PM
i'm about two hours from Albany in CT.
i'll sell you a 06 RC100, 1900 hrs for 19k. come take a look.

Heavyduty1
02-11-2011, 11:12 PM

Do you mulch with the TAK 250? If so, how do you like it?

QwikDraw
02-11-2011, 11:20 PM
Takeuchi has less power to the head than the ASV. It does cost less to maintain though and goes places the ASV cannot.

Digdeep
02-12-2011, 12:10 AM
You are joking, right? I base my observation from owning a RC 30(Polaris version) since 03. ASV does not come close to the common brands fit and finish, you will likely even get ASV owners to concede that. Using the Perkins is also a major strike against it, I so wish they could have used Isuzu or Yanmar to power them. I respect what the ASV can do but would never buy one.

I'll agree with you 100% regarding fit and finish....on the older machines. Of course a machine from 2003 and even my RC50 don't have much going for it regarding fit and finish, but neither did the first B series CATs compared to the new C series, or the older NH or Case's compared to the newer Series IIIs. You can't even say tha tthe Takeuchi's are all that hot on the inside.

The new ASV machines don't have anything to be ashamed of...although the RC100 the gentleman is looking at is not a new machine either.

ProTouch Groundscapes
02-12-2011, 10:04 AM
Takeuchi has less power to the head than the ASV. It does cost less to maintain though and goes places the ASV cannot.

could you elaborate on that, most of the time you hear the opposite.

4 seasons lawn&land
02-12-2011, 10:27 AM

Thats high. Is the entire UC fresh off the shelf?

QwikDraw
02-12-2011, 11:14 AM
could you elaborate on that, most of the time you hear the opposite.

The front idler wheels are bigger, allowing it crawl over rocks and logs that stop the ASV. I also notice in mud theTL250 can go deeper with out sinking, you know when the front gets deep enough that it starts digging in instead of crawling out.

I'll get hammered for this but in my environment I feel the Takie is the smoother ride. I am constantly on roots/rocks/stumps and the takie track doesn't feel those. When I run over the same with the ASV you feel every roller going over the rock/stump whatever.

QwikDraw
02-12-2011, 11:21 AM
Thats high. Is the entire UC fresh off the shelf?

No. I'm not sure I would put a 15k UC and sell it for 19K. It has had all the bearing in the rollers and idlers changed over the last year. It will need new squirrel cage rollers at some point this year and some of the rubber wheels are looking rough. Tracks are at 50-60%. It's not perfect but for the price I think a real solid machine.