PDA

View Full Version : I want to run away!

Tri-City Outdoors
02-11-2011, 01:51 PM
When you just get that feeling that the account is just not worth it. It seems like every year, this time of year. There is that one estimate with a bad feeling. We all need the work, got mouths to feed. But how long do you play nice?

Just curious do our costumer generally look down upon us? I sure some do that's just life. I'd like to think most don't. We do provide a luxury service. People can mow their own grass.

What your thoughts?

punt66
02-11-2011, 02:08 PM
I drop all my pitas. I keep my list smooth. I dont dread anyjob i drive up to. Its amazing how much less stress their is when you can do that.

RigglePLC
02-11-2011, 03:21 PM
Just put on your super-salesman hat and upsell them some extra treatments. Try pressure, fear, persistance--maybe there is something they really need. Insect perimeter, fungicide, grub control, tree fert or insect spray, fire ant ap, bark, weed preventer in bushes...
Its psychology....you will feel better with a hundred dollars in your pocket.

South Florida Lawns
02-12-2011, 04:26 PM
Don't drop em raise their price.

greendoctor
02-12-2011, 04:35 PM
The ones that would look down on me, soon find themselves looking for someone else to provide the service. I market myself differently. Right from the beginning, it is understood that I am not trying to be the Walmart or Kmart of lawn care. My clients are part of a special group.