PDA

View Full Version : Price increases?

irrig8r
02-11-2011, 10:53 PM
I was informed by my distributor today that Vista's list prices increased 5% across the board as of 2/1.

Funny, I don't think the company sent me any email to that effect. Good thing I don't have any signed contracts based on the old prices. If I did might be a little miffed.

Any other manu's new price increases I should know about?

indylights
02-12-2011, 09:55 AM
I don't know about any specific manufacturer's, but I know copper is at a record high, so I'm assumimg wire and fixtures prices both will be going up soon for almost all of them.

Scott Maloney
Sunflower Landscapes

djt22
02-12-2011, 08:29 PM
It was 5% to all but there LED line for vista and kichler had an increase as well maybe 8% or so. I think it has been a few years since they have had to do that to.

sprinklerchris
02-13-2011, 01:46 PM
I was informed by my distributor today that Vista's list prices increased 5% across the board as of 2/1.

Funny, I don't think the company sent me any email to that effect. Good thing I don't have any signed contracts based on the old prices. If I did might be a little miffed.

Any other manu's new price increases I should know about?

My supplier recently notified of changes with Vista, FX and Kichler. Copper and other raw material prices are changing fast.

Apparently Vista was the only one that allowed them to "buy ahead" to avoid the price increase, so they were able to hold Vista prices for awhile yet. They said FX and Kichler changed instantaneously.

sprinkler guy
02-15-2011, 12:32 AM
One thing I found when working for both a manufacturer and a distributor was how information didn't always flow all the way downhill. As a Hunter Rep, we were told when price increases were coming. We would pass it on to the appropriate person at the distributor, usually a purchasing manager or owner. This was usually several weeks, if not a couple of months before said change was going into affect (or is it effect?). Anyway, there was usually some cutoff date to place orders based on existing pricing. When working as a distributor sales guy, I hardly ever heard about price increases until they got real close. Talking to other distributors, they said it was similar where they worked. I would hear the same when I was a Hunter rep and tried to make a point of telling sales guys and branch managers about price increases, but sometimes guys got missed. Even now as a contractor, I find when I notice subtle price increases and ask the branch manager about it, he usually has to check with corporate about it. I shop at three different suppliers, and only one is real pro-active about notifying me of price increases.

As for getting notified by the manufacturer, distributors make a big deal about manus not discussing pricing with the end users. Distributors want to be the ones controlling that info.