PDA

View Full Version : Help me justify this.

DirtMerchant
02-12-2011, 03:42 AM
I know most of you guys are into compact and mini equipment.

But I just finished paying for my 300. And this comes up online, the bank will give me the money, I just need to justify it somehow. Lawn ornaments doesn't fly, I need to do some sort of work with it. It could probably load a volvo haul truck way faster then a loader..

http://usediron.point2.com/Xhtml/Equipment/Details/P2/Excavator-Crawler/HITACHI/EX750-5/857356/ViewEquipmentDetail.html?src=iro

curtisfarmer
02-12-2011, 08:25 AM
That would be great for hardscaping, irrigation lines, and installing those pads for inflatable pools:laugh:

bobcat_ron
02-12-2011, 09:08 AM
What 300??? Aren't you also working for some one else yet now wanting to buy an excavator too big for anything but a gravel quarry? Yet you also claimed that you have a truck and trailer that you hauled a TLB up to Whistler and you worked for a rail road company all the while you are still in your tender age of twenties?

farmerknowsbest
02-12-2011, 11:45 AM
Well if you actually have yourself finished paying for a 30 tonne machine ( or is it a bobcat 300 skid loader) then you shouldn't have much trouble getting money for it.

23000 hours seems like a lot, but I do realize mining equipment does run 16-24 hours a day 6 or 7 days a week so it doesn't take long to add up. It looks in good shape from that photo. Go for it!

Got any pics of your "300"???

Warren

ksss
02-12-2011, 08:02 PM
You might need a CDL to transport that.:waving:

hvy 1ton
02-12-2011, 08:21 PM
If it was a tad smaller, say 40 ton, it work real nice doing commercial deep basements here. It would load a tri-axle faster than a 963, that's for sure. I think that is the same one that Deffenbaugh(Shawnee Rock) has been trying to sell for a while now. If it is, they take good care of their gear. The equipment manager is a bit of an obsessive compulsive, so everything always nice or it gets fixed. He had a EX1800 as his PERSONAL ride at the quarry! 4000 hours in 10 years. I want his job when i grow up.:laugh:

Heavyduty1
02-12-2011, 08:37 PM
You might need a CDL to transport that.:waving:

If you move it on Sundays, you might be OK.:weightlifter:

DirtMerchant
02-13-2011, 12:49 AM
What 300??? Aren't you also working for some one else yet now wanting to buy an excavator too big for anything but a gravel quarry? Yet you also claimed that you have a truck and trailer that you hauled a TLB up to Whistler and you worked for a rail road company all the while you are still in your tender age of twenties?

Ex330 Hitachi the one in my photo thread, worked out a deal with my boss.. Just turned 16,008 hours young, and it's still running decent. It's had lots and lots and lots of work done. It's slow but great for screening top soil, and bailing which is maybe what it's going to do? I have access to a truck and trailer, don't own one? And Yes I worked for CP Rail right out of highschool. Alyth Yard Calgary... I'm 21 now. I worked for them until 2008, when the depression got worse, and all of us with no seniority got laid off. So naturally, I came back to operating. I'm trying to get ahead in life and make my way in life. Don't hate me, I'm making my own way, take losses...and try to work through them. Sorry you work for your family...

DirtMerchant
02-13-2011, 12:53 AM
Realistically I have zero work for a ex-750. I might be able to scrape something up, but it's expensive to move, and a niche machine. Way cheaper to run then a loader. I've just always wanted one. I need to find something for my machine first.

DirtMerchant
02-13-2011, 01:13 AM
Sorry for dreaming online

Giles_uk
02-13-2011, 06:36 AM
not many quarries hire old gear unless they are small family fun affairs, if you are dreaming out loud dream up some aggregate rights in an old gravel pit and put it to work loading a trommel or screnner selling aggregates, 21k starting bid got to be worth more than that in scrap price .

be nice just to go tire kick and run it though for an hour or so, you'd soon get bored though loading trucks all day every day in a quarry

bobcat_ron
02-13-2011, 09:54 AM
Let's put it this way, the amount of time it takes you to haul that Hitachi to a job and set up ready to go to work, I can have a 988 loader already on the job with 3 ADT's loaded and dumping.
My advice is stop dreaming and just go with life and don't think for a minute that a bank will just give you money, your bank must me run by children and idiots, no way wold they take a potential purchase that big and someone as young as you seriously as a loan recipient.
If I was a loan manager and you were asking for money, I would have just laughed and sent you out of the door with a lolli-pop for your troubles.

Heavyduty1
02-13-2011, 01:19 PM
Sorry for dreaming online

Aint nothing wrong with dreaming. Just take small steps to make it happen.

Get your CDL's, get your foot in the door for getting work, etc. :drinkup:

hvy 1ton
02-13-2011, 04:51 PM
Looks like it's actually in quarry south of Ft Scott. Last time i saw that machine on IP it was in De Soto. It must have sold last year and somebody wants it gone again.

alco
02-14-2011, 02:38 PM
Do you have any Burnco gravel pits around your area? Burnco likes to hire small shovels to dig the pit run out of the bank and stockpile it for their loaders to load out later on. They figure it saves a lot of strain on the loaders, since they don't have to dig into a hard face.

skidsteer
02-16-2011, 11:19 AM
The problem with that is too specialized. Hard to move and the first breakdown could easily cost you more then you paid for it.
It would be interesting to see what it brings, likely not much just because so few can use it.
It maybe a solid enough old machine, but even if it is, I'd bet parts are very high. Its not like they made 1000's of those.