PDA

View Full Version : any tips on using a DINGO for the first time??

GarPA
09-09-2002, 01:25 PM
I have to rent a DINGO in a couple weeks....never ran one...any warnings or tips? much of a learning curve?...I dont have experience with skidsteers or any other construction type equip...thanks much

TurfGuyTX
09-09-2002, 02:40 PM
I've heard that they are easy to operate. Does the rental yard have anything you could look at before renting? Toro might have a video out there somewhere. Let us know what you think about it. Good luck.

IBGreen
09-09-2002, 02:47 PM
Its a lot like running a commercial walk behind, just slower and more compact, most of the controls are the same, should be easy!

Brandon Shaw
Evergreen Landscaping Concepts

Hillsman
09-11-2002, 02:00 PM
When you get it practice first, take about 30 mins. and get a feel for it. Just remeber to be fluid with it, don't over-compensate turning and for now leave yourself room to turn around. If you are using an auger be careful and have someone watch as you drill. Once you get the hang of it you will defiently maximize your profits.

hnter
09-13-2002, 01:44 PM
dingos are very easy to operate once you get the feel for them...do like hillsman says, tho, and leave yourself room to turn...the dingo has such a short wheelbase that anything resembling a zero turn bounces you around too much-especially on a hard surface...and high gear is pretty much for going in a straight line, if you have to turn, slow down first...you didn't mention which attachements you are using, but be mindful of the center of gravity and keep everything as low as you can, especially if you are going up or down hill...they are actually fairly stable, but they sure don't feel it...most rental yards around here will not load anything on a customers trailer, so if you have to load this by yourself make sure you spend a few minutes getting comfortable with the thumb controls before you try to drive it up a trailor ramp, and make sure you are lined up so you are going straight up the ramp...once you get the hang of them they can be a real time saver...