PDA

View Full Version : How Important Is the Standon Platform for a Dingo Track Loader

DavidNJ
02-14-2011, 10:08 AM
It was an option. Adding 200+ lbs at the rear would seem to significantly increase the load capacity while keeping the operator out of the mud.

Is it necessary?

http://www.forkster.com/images/Dingo_PlatformMED1.jpg

tailboardtech
02-14-2011, 09:14 PM
i prefer not to use them they tend to drag dirt when the ground is rough, but i don't use dingos that often. And i can tell ya it's a pita for digging out basements with them hanging off the back, my knees were so banged up from that thing i went and bought knee pads during lunch that day.

DavidNJ
02-14-2011, 09:17 PM
That was a no for the platform?

I'm concerned that taking the 200# of the operator off the back reduces the machine's capacity.

FLCthes4:11-12
02-14-2011, 09:30 PM
to me its important especially if you are traveling moving materials. But your right it helps to have the extra weight to act as a counter weight. I would suggest getting the one that toro makes that folds up nice and neat.

DavidNJ
02-14-2011, 11:46 PM
The Dingo platform replaces the rear counterweights. At $500-600, these things aren't cheap.

http://www.gnedi.com/Images/Products/5381/22475.jpg
[img]

pikewillis1
02-17-2011, 04:54 PM
By adding a stand platform to your Dingo, you act as a counterwieght and you can lift more. The forkster platform (the picture at the top) is a lot less bouncy than the Toro model, thus less banging of the knees when digging basements

AintNoFun
02-17-2011, 04:57 PM
i wouldn't have it any other way.. weve moved trees with 3 guys standing on the back as counterweights.. but when its in the up position it does beat the crap out of your knees...

DavidNJ
02-17-2011, 07:41 PM
It looks like the platforms could dig into asphalt or pavers, especially going over curbs. Is that the case?

paponte
02-17-2011, 10:07 PM
I've never ran one on our toros. It would add more length in tight areas as well. I wouldn't count on it to carry more weight while someone is on it. If that person gets off or falls off, you have a whole other problem on your hands now with the machine tipping forward.

MeandMyself
02-17-2011, 10:57 PM
The whole platform issue with Dingos led me to purchase a Boxer variable track years ago. It wasn't that I didn't like the Dingo, but we use ours like a log skidder some times in some rough areas. A folding or lightweight platform would have been totally demolished by now, and there was no way I was going to pay that much for something and walk behind it.