PDA

View Full Version : Seeding

Tri-City Outdoors
02-14-2011, 01:29 PM
Background:
Normally we just lay sod because we do not trust the customer to tend to the grass seed correctly. Watering, no traffic etc. In this case we have been rehabilitating their landscape project by project. So we have a great relationship.

The cust. actually wants some vegetation in the turf areas this year! It's a very barren yard, dry and dusty. They have an irrigation in place now and eventually will re-sod. Probably next spring. They really do not want kill off the of Bahia and misc. vegetation that they have now unless needed.

This should be simply project in the cust. eyes. They know what they are asking for and just want some vegetation. We agree, we working on bigger projects with in the landscape. Plus we would like mow a yard with some vegetation ourselves

Question:
We have some experience we over-seeding and have a plan of attack in place. But, just curious how the other lco's would handle this? Meathod & seed type. No Ryes or millet.

TIA

Landrus2
02-14-2011, 01:37 PM
hydromulch seeding :cool2::cool2::cool2::cool2:

Ric
02-14-2011, 04:04 PM

Joe

Hydro Seeding here is not like up North. If Bahia has died out there is a reason for it and All the Hydro seeding in the world won't solve the problem. I suggest soil samples, I am suspecting a high alkaline soil which kills off Bahia.

BTW slit seeding seems to do better IMHO. However there are so few Warm season varieties that can start from seed on all different soils. Right Soil and conditions and sure it works. But find those perfect conditions.

Tri-city

I also suggest posting this in the Orgasmic Forum where they will suggest Compost etc to improve the soil conditions.

Landrus2
02-14-2011, 09:31 PM
Ops :hammerhead::hammerhead::hammerhead::hammerhead::hammerhead::hammerhead:

Ric
02-14-2011, 11:28 PM
Ops :hammerhead::hammerhead::hammerhead::hammerhead::hammerhead::hammerhead:

Joe

No need to hammerhead. We do have Hydro seeders here in Florida. Only they are used more for utility type turf instead of fine lawns. Most Bahia, Zoysia and St Augustine yards can only be started from Sod.

Patriot Services
02-15-2011, 02:18 PM
Every year I get somebody that wants KBG seeded. All I get is the deer in the headlight look when I say did you ever wonder why you don't see KBG seed at HD?
Posted via Mobile Device

Ric
02-15-2011, 03:18 PM
Every year I get somebody that wants KBG seeded. All I get is the deer in the headlight look when I say did you ever wonder why you don't see KBG seed at HD?
Posted via Mobile Device

Patriot

Don't be so fast to knock cool season seed

Fescue is a shady tolerant grass seed and at about the same price as Rye. No it burns out in the summer heat but does a nice job in the winter where other turfs would never grow because of too much shady.

Patriot Services
02-15-2011, 03:40 PM
I hear ya, these are full sun yards in treeless subdivisions where the annual rye the builder threw down is long gone and irrigation is a spitter on a hose. People watch yardcrashers on DIY channel and get lofty ideas.
Posted via Mobile Device

fl-landscapes
02-15-2011, 03:58 PM
Patriot

Don't be so fast to knock cool season seed

Fescue is a shady tolerant grass seed and at about the same price as Rye. No it burns out in the summer heat but does a nice job in the winter where other turfs would never grow because of too much shady.

Have a customer who loves their live oaks, but they shade the property to the point where they can not grow a decent turf. I seed it every year with tttfescue and the lawn looks fantastic all winter and to about June. But you know that because you have seen it yourself. I agree, cool season seed has its place in FL.

fl-landscapes
02-15-2011, 04:02 PM
Joe

Hydro Seeding here is not like up North. If Bahia has died out there is a reason for it and All the Hydro seeding in the world won't solve the problem. I suggest soil samples, I am suspecting a high alkaline soil which kills off Bahia.

BTW slit seeding seems to do better IMHO. However there are so few Warm season varieties that can start from seed on all different soils. Right Soil and conditions and sure it works. But find those perfect conditions.

Tri-city

I also suggest posting this in the Orgasmic Forum where they will suggest Compost etc to improve the soil conditions.

I happen to own a hydroseeder. I would agree that if the bahia died out there is a reason, However it can be fixed with hydroseeding or slit seeding just not with Bahia. Use bermuda!!!! Dont know why the rest of the southern united states uses Bermuda as the #1 turf grass while florida is in love with sa and bahia???

fl-landscapes
02-15-2011, 04:36 PM

is he hydroseeding a pile of rocks??????/

Ric
02-15-2011, 05:10 PM
I happen to own a hydroseeder. I would agree that if the bahia died out there is a reason, However it can be fixed with hydroseeding or slit seeding just not with Bahia. Use bermuda!!!! Dont know why the rest of the southern united states uses Bermuda as the #1 turf grass while florida is in love with sa and bahia???

Good question about Bahia instead of Bermuda.

The more I see COMMON Bermuda, the more and more I like it and feel too many people are missing the boat by not embracing it. My Back ground having a degree in Golf Course Management made me not even look at Bermuda and there were no or few Bermuda Lawns to speak of. My first experience with Common Bermuda was as a Utility turf and I had a good deal of respect for that Utility Turf. But Now I am seeing decent Common Bermuda lawns being maintained for very reasonable costs and looking great. Hybrid Bermuda cut short on a Golf Course is any thing but Affordable.

Tri-City Outdoors
02-15-2011, 08:50 PM
The most likely the reason the turf is so dead is lack of care. But now we will test the soil. This is why I posted sometimes we get set in our ways and to wrapped up in bid. The soil test is so elementary and should have been my first thought.

Bermuda, Pensacola or Argentine Bahia are the choices. We most likely use Argentine Bahia. But have not decided
Dose anyone have any experience with Tifton 9 Pensacola Bahia or know wheere to get the seed in East Central Florida.
Wish we had an hydro-seeder but not at this time.

Ric
02-15-2011, 10:01 PM
The most likely the reason the turf is so dead is lack of care. But now we will test the soil. This is why I posted sometimes we get set in our ways and to wrapped up in bid. The soil test is so elementary and should have been my first thought.

Bermuda, Pensacola or Argentine Bahia are the choices. We most likely use Argentine Bahia. But have not decided
Dose anyone have any experience with Tifton 9 Pensacola Bahia or know wheere to get the seed in East Central Florida.

Tri

Tifton Ga is the Turf research center and I have no experience with Tifon 9 Pensacola Bahia. I can only assume it is a cultivar of the Pensacola Bahia I grew for hay.

Pensacola Bahia is a clumping grass that sends up Seed heads at certain time of the year 2 to 3 days after mowed. Pensacola will grow taller than Argentine, But Argentine grows lower to the ground and Thicker than Pensacola. Both are Pasture Grasses or Hays. But Argentine will produce more hay per acre than Pensacola because of the same growth pattern that makes is a home lawn.

fl-landscapes
02-16-2011, 02:48 PM

my vote....scrap the bahia and seed bermuda. Creeps like sa is more drought tolerant than bahia, softer texture than both. Slit seed it. Trust me, I talk people out of hydroseeding now because it is way more work than the slitseeding and you get the same results

Ric
02-16-2011, 05:29 PM
my vote....scrap the bahia and seed bermuda. Creeps like sa is more drought tolerant than bahia, softer texture than both. Slit seed it. Trust me, I talk people out of hydroseeding now because it is way more work than the slitseeding and you get the same results

Yo

Bermuda is actually fairly easy to keep weed free compared to Bahia or St Augustine. There are in fact Herbicides like MSME that will slowly kill Bahia while allowing Bermuda to grow in. In other words you can develop a mono stand of Bermuda fairly easy and inexpensive.

Landscape Poet
02-16-2011, 09:47 PM
Yo

Bermuda is actually fairly easy to keep weed free compared to Bahia or St Augustine. There are in fact Herbicides like MSME that will slowly kill Bahia while allowing Bermuda to grow in. In other words you can develop a mono stand of Bermuda fairly easy and inexpensive.

Ric and FL landscape ,

I take it bermuda is a little more common in your guys part of FL? I can not recall seeing a lawn that was actually intentionally bermuda here in CFL, golf courses yes, lawns NO.

What is your guys take on how it would grow here in the Orlando market? I got a feeling my neighbors would really love if I replaced my SA with Bermuda. The wild bermuda is a big enough issue already.

Speaking of which, Ric I got a couple small batches in my lawn. I was going to just RU and resod. Tell me about your mixture and what you would charge for the mix per 1K. I think 1K would be more than enough to get the areas I currently have it blended in.

fl-landscapes
02-16-2011, 09:58 PM
Ric and FL landscape ,

I take it bermuda is a little more common in your guys part of FL? I can not recall seeing a lawn that was actually intentionally bermuda here in CFL, golf courses yes, lawns NO.

What is your guys take on how it would grow here in the Orlando market? I got a feeling my neighbors would really love if I replaced my SA with Bermuda. The wild bermuda is a big enough issue already.

Speaking of which, Ric I got a couple small batches in my lawn. I was going to just RU and resod. Tell me about your mixture and what you would charge for the mix per 1K. I think 1K would be more than enough to get the areas I currently have it blended in.

Actually it isnt popular here either. I just dont know why?????? Bermuda is the #1 turf grass in the southern united states!!! But florida fell in love with sa, a grass with little wear tolerance, chinch bug and grub issues, must be repaired vegativlely because seeds are too small to harvest, needs lots of water and fert, is course......bermuda, soft blades, can be used as a low utility, medium grade or super high end fine turf, propagated from seed cheaply, fills in fast and in my opinion looks great, also is more drought tolerant than bahia never mind sa, is the most wear tolerant which is why it is on every golf course fairway in fl as well as all sports fields. Now thats my vote for bermuda over sa, when it comes to bermuda vs bahia it isnt even close....bermuda is far superior. And I am talking about the improved common varieties not the hybrid golf course greens and tees type.

Florida Gardener
02-16-2011, 11:05 PM
Actually it isnt popular here either. I just dont know why?????? Bermuda is the #1 turf grass in the southern united states!!! But florida fell in love with sa, a grass with little wear tolerance, chinch bug and grub issues, must be repaired vegativlely because seeds are too small to harvest, needs lots of water and fert, is course......bermuda, soft blades, can be used as a low utility, medium grade or super high end fine turf, propagated from seed cheaply, fills in fast and in my opinion looks great, also is more drought tolerant than bahia never mind sa, is the most wear tolerant which is why it is on every golf course fairway in fl as well as all sports fields. Now thats my vote for bermuda over sa, when it comes to bermuda vs bahia it isnt even close....bermuda is far superior. And I am talking about the improved common varieties not the hybrid golf course greens and tees type.

Fl

I myself love SA. I agree with all your points about its drawbacks, but down here people have the money to maintain it properly. Problem is is all the hacks that cut it too short, mow with dull blades, over irrigate,etc.

Anyone who has Bahia down here is in a lower income hood. Not saying i live on Jupiter Island, but that is a fact. I hate Bahia myself. I have not seen a single yard that is common bermuda here. Yea, go on the large estate homes and they have hybrid bermuda, seashore paspalum, or some kind of zoysia. It actually sounds like the logical sod to go with. Like you said though, Floridians love their SA.

Landscape Poet
02-16-2011, 11:06 PM
Actually it isnt popular here either. I just dont know why?????? Bermuda is the #1 turf grass in the southern united states!!! But florida fell in love with sa, a grass with little wear tolerance, chinch bug and grub issues, must be repaired vegativlely because seeds are too small to harvest, needs lots of water and fert, is course...

Do you not think our industry most likely had something to do with why everyone thinks SA is the turf of choice, I mean for all the reasons you mentioned why it is a PITA, are all reasons that create a never ending source of income for us right?

I am not so sure this bermuda thing needs to catch on:laugh::laugh:

fl-landscapes
02-16-2011, 11:14 PM
Do you not think our industry most likely had something to do with why everyone thinks SA is the turf of choice, I mean for all the reasons you mentioned why it is a PITA, are all reasons that create a never ending source of income for us right?

I am not so sure this bermuda thing needs to catch on:laugh::laugh:

It's going to catch on here. I seed a lot of Bermuda lawns so all those next door properties will have one soon. I'll post a pic of my Bermuda lawn.....it's great. Like I said it's the number one lawn grass in all the southern us. Why people love st aug is beyond me. I don't hate it but it is pretty useless turf
Posted via Mobile Device

Landscape Poet
02-16-2011, 11:37 PM
. I'll post a pic of my Bermuda lawn.....it's great. [/i][/size]

Please do, I am interested in this. Not ready to convert, but interested non the less.

Ric
02-17-2011, 12:08 AM
Ric and FL landscape ,

Mikey

FOR YOU I would sell you enough of my unlabeled product to do a Thousand sq ft for $ 100.00 cash money. That is still cheaper than re sodding by a long shot. Oh you will have to drive here to get it, I am not shipping it or willing to give you any paper work. I will promise it is a legal mixture to apply on your lawn and it will kill Bermuda in St Augustine without hurting it, if applied as per my instructions. But I will not tell you what it is or where to buy it.

Plantculture
02-17-2011, 08:23 AM
I second the idea of using common bermuda or some seed variety.
With bahia, once you start getting grassy weeds in it, you cant get them out.
With bermuda, you have many options for weed control. Also, you can over-seed it and have a rye grass lawn for 7 months of the year.

You could also sprig the lawn with Celebration bermuda which looks decent cut with a rotary.

Landscape Poet
02-17-2011, 08:37 AM
Mikey

FOR YOU I would sell you enough of my unlabeled product to do a Thousand sq ft for $ 100.00 cash money. That is still cheaper than re sodding by a long shot. Oh you will have to drive here to get it, I am not shipping it or willing to give you any paper work. I will promise it is a legal mixture to apply on your lawn and it will kill Bermuda in St Augustine without hurting it, if applied as per my instructions. But I will not tell you what it is or where to buy it.

Ric,

You are correct in that it would be cheaper than resodding the area I am concerned about, what I did not think about was the logistics on getting it here. You are what roughly three and half, four hours away???/ That makes for a pretty good weekend trip.
I have no issue with the price...just the logistics of getting it. i will PM and get your phone number if we are heading down that way.

Thanks,

Ric
02-17-2011, 12:30 PM
Ric,

You are correct in that it would be cheaper than resodding the area I am concerned about, what I did not think about was the logistics on getting it here. You are what roughly three and half, four hours away???/ That makes for a pretty good weekend trip.
I have no issue with the price...just the logistics of getting it. i will PM and get your phone number if we are heading down that way.

Thanks,

Mikey

I would actually like to see you test this herbicide with before and after pictures. It would only give me more credibility as a second LS Member to confirm it works.

Patriot Services
02-17-2011, 01:14 PM
Ric- does the hundred dollars mean lunch will be provided.
Posted via Mobile Device

Ric
02-17-2011, 01:23 PM
Ric- does the hundred dollars mean lunch will be provided.
Posted via Mobile Device

I will take you to the best Burger & Fries in town, shouldn't cost your more than $ 30 with Tips. But just think what a treat to have my company for lunch.

Landscape Poet
02-17-2011, 08:57 PM
Mikey

I would actually like to see you test this herbicide with before and after pictures. It would only give me more credibility as a second LS Member to confirm it works.

I will try to get some snap shots of the areas with bermuda mixed in this weekend. The wife has been after me to visit the Keys - this may just be the excuse I need for a weekend trip down there. Sounds like a write off to me come next year for taxes

fl-landscapes
02-18-2011, 12:24 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

fl-landscapes
02-18-2011, 12:27 AM
Mike that's a thought..........except you are probably closer to the keys then we are..........was there last month though, it's great and your wife is right you should go, you just won't find ric or his Bermuda killing potion there
Posted via Mobile Device

Landscape Poet
02-18-2011, 08:49 AM
Mike that's a thought..........except you are probably closer to the keys then we are..........was there last month though, it's great and your wife is right you should go, you just won't find ric or his Bermuda killing potion there
Posted via Mobile Device

For some reason I thought you guys were right outside of Miami! Maybe that was a discussion I was having with Ric were he said he thought about going to Miami area at one time? Where you guys at?

tallrick
02-18-2011, 10:47 AM
What I have noticed is that very few from Miami post on this forum. The majority of "landscapers" do not speak English as a native language so that may be why. I live in Key Largo and go to Miami regularly to take care of my tenants and visit my parents. Around here lawns are rare due to extended dry weather and a lack of soil. The neighborhood park does have bermudagrass though.

Ric
02-18-2011, 12:41 PM
What I have noticed is that very few from Miami post on this forum. The majority of "landscapers" do not speak English as a native language so that may be why. I live in Key Largo and go to Miami regularly to take care of my tenants and visit my parents. Around here lawns are rare due to extended dry weather and a lack of soil. The neighborhood park does have bermudagrass though.

Senior Ricardo

No problema, Mi hablo espanol. However between Rent A Licenses, Low Balling and traffic Jams; I don't think I could make it in greater Miami area. I want very much to live near my Children who both live on South Beach. Key Largo would be perfect for me if I could afford the high cost of living there. I am sure there are a thousand CPO in Florida who would take a job cheap in that area.

fl-landscapes
02-18-2011, 02:56 PM
Senior Ricardo

No problema, Mi hablo espanol. However between Rent A Licenses, Low Balling and traffic Jams; I don't think I could make it in greater Miami area. I want very much to live near my Children who both live on South Beach. Key Largo would be perfect for me if I could afford the high cost of living there. I am sure there are a thousand CPO in Florida who would take a job cheap in that area.

I would give an eyeball to live in the keys.......and not have to work!!! I love it there.

tallrick
02-18-2011, 05:07 PM
The keys, you can have them. Too dry, too hot and were becoming gentrified. I like the natural areas, and boating but it was actually more relaxing to live in Clewiston than here. Miami gives me a headache with its traffic and ghetto stripped landscaping. Latin Americans, especially Cubans hate trees and love iron fences topped with lights and a concrete yard. South Beach in my opinion is a glorified dump full of homeless and an arsonist or two. Years back it was a muscle faries paradise but I am not sure what it is now. A shame how south Florida became the world's dumping ground.

zturncutter
02-18-2011, 05:16 PM
I agree with you on Miami but the Keys not. I never get hot down there because I am in the water snorkeling or diving. Beautiful water and warmer water than the bahamas.

Ric
02-18-2011, 06:30 PM
The keys, you can have them. Too dry, too hot and were becoming gentrified. I like the natural areas, and boating but it was actually more relaxing to live in Clewiston than here. Miami gives me a headache with its traffic and ghetto stripped landscaping. Latin Americans, especially Cubans hate trees and love iron fences topped with lights and a concrete yard. South Beach in my opinion is a glorified dump full of homeless and an arsonist or two. Years back it was a muscle faries paradise but I am not sure what it is now. A shame how south Florida became the world's dumping ground.

Tallrick

I am sorry, but if you can't be happy in the Florida Keys, You Can't be happy

fl-landscapes
02-18-2011, 06:37 PM

maybe your not aware THERE HAS ONLY ONCE BEEN A DAY IN KEY WEST HISTORY RECORDED AT 100 DEGREES AND NEVER HAS THERE BEEN A DAY BELOW 32...........so not too hot......way hotter in clewiston, you can keep clewiston though, I am always sure to pack some extra metal with me when we go out to play football with my sons team......rough area.

tallrick
02-18-2011, 08:56 PM
Florida is the gunshine state so it is always a good idea to have metal handy when in questionable areas. Here in the keys it is said that you have to be drunk or fishing to enjoy life here. The real estate bubble was what ruined the lifestyle but it may return if home values keep falling. The lack of water here is what I hate the most. The people here generally have a better attitude if they are from the keys, but snowbirds often have a bad disposition. It may not go over 100 here but we do not get cooling thunderstorms in the summer like on the mainland.

fl-landscapes
02-18-2011, 09:56 PM
Florida is the gunshine state so it is always a good idea to have metal handy when in questionable areas. Here in the keys it is said that you have to be drunk or fishing to enjoy life here. The real estate bubble was what ruined the lifestyle but it may return if home values keep falling. The lack of water here is what I hate the most. The people here generally have a better attitude if they are from the keys, but snowbirds often have a bad disposition. It may not go over 100 here but we do not get cooling thunderstorms in the summer like on the mainland.

you mean the things that swing in every day to turn my miserable florida sauna into a steam room. Oh and I could be very happy being drunk and fishing every day. I dont really drink but if thats what I gotta do to fish in the keys every day count me in!!

Florida Gardener
02-18-2011, 10:03 PM
a good downpour will drop the temps from 91 to 77 in a matter of minutes...i welcome the rain other than the fact your done for the day.

fl-landscapes
02-18-2011, 10:07 PM
a good downpour will drop the temps from 91 to 77 in a matter of minutes...i welcome the rain other than the fact your done for the day.

yup and after those two minutes......steam bath!!!! Fact = cooler weather in the keys than where I live and anywhere in south florida.

Ric
02-18-2011, 10:22 PM
Fact of Life

South East Coast of Florida has a more favorable climate than inland Florida or the Gulf Coast where I live. For that reason the greater Miami area was populated first. Bahama Breezes in summer cool that coastal area while the same breeze warms the winter air from blowing over the warmer Gulf Stream.

The Florida Key are in fact a MICRO CLIMATE with water on all sides. Water loses heat slower than air and it also absorbs heat much slower. Between the sea breeze which is always off shore in the Keys and the surrounding water, the Key have a perfect climate compared to the rest of Florida.

ONE MORE TIME IF YOU CAN"T BE HAPPY IN THE FLORIDA KEYS, YOU CAN"T BE HAPPY.

fl-landscapes
02-18-2011, 10:26 PM
Fact of Life

South East Coast of Florida has a more favorable climate than inland Florida or the Gulf Coast where I live. For that reason the greater Miami area was populated first. Bahama Breezes in summer cool that coastal area while the same breeze warms the winter air from blowing over the warmer Gulf Stream.

The Florida Key are in fact a MICRO CLIMATE with water on all sides. Water loses heat slower than air and it also absorbs heat much slower. Between the sea breeze which is always off shore in the Keys and the surrounding water, the Key have a perfect climate compared to the rest of Florida.

ONE MORE TIME IF YOU CAN"T BE HAPPY IN THE FLORIDA KEYS, YOU CAN"T BE HAPPY.

Yup, and those bahama breezes travel over much deeper atlantic ocean water than what we have in the gulf which gets over 90 degrees in the summer. The continental shelf runs extremly close to shore on the east coast of florida so the water is deep and a lot cooler than the gulf.

zturncutter
02-18-2011, 10:30 PM
One of my favorite places, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wESIg8_HCmE
Last time I was diving here the Vis was almost 100'. :)

fl-landscapes
02-18-2011, 10:34 PM
One of my favorite places, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wESIg8_HCmE
Last time I was diving here the Vis was almost 100'. :)

Hey Z, I love it! I dont dive but have you ever done a dive at the Bayronto? I would guess that is one of the best closest dive spots to us.

fl-landscapes
02-18-2011, 10:40 PM
Hey Z, went back and watched more of the video. Saw some nice yellow tails, a gag grouper, really cool parrot fish (had one in my saltwater tank when I was younger) blue tang and some sort of wrasse. Didnt watch the whole video but that looked like a great day! Thats what life is all about.

zturncutter
02-18-2011, 10:43 PM
No I haven't, though Fantasea Scuba in Port Charlotte, where my family got certified, takes trips out there often. On the west coast I took one certification dive off Boca Grande and another off Bradenton Beach about a mile offshore there's about an 8' ledge that's pretty interesting. Problem up here is the visibility, about 8 to 20 feet verses 40 to 100 feet in the Keys.

zturncutter
02-18-2011, 10:46 PM
Hey Z, went back and watched more of the video. Saw some nice yellow tails, a gag grouper, really cool parrot fish (had one in my saltwater tank when I was younger) blue tang and some sort of wrasse. Didnt watch the whole video but that looked like a great day! Thats what life is all about.

That particular video isn't mine, when we went out we took a charter with Abyss Dive center. The water the day we went was even clearer than is shown in that video.

fl-landscapes
02-18-2011, 10:49 PM
No I haven't, though Fantasea Scuba in Port Charlotte, where my family got certified, takes trips out there often. On the west coast I took one certification dive off Boca Grande and another off Bradenton Beach about a mile offshore there's about an 8' ledge that's pretty interesting. Problem up here is the visibility, about 8 to 20 feet verses 40 to 100 feet in the Keys.

I hear out at the bayronto this time of year without all the rainwater running out the peace and mayaka rivers you get 100' vis out at the bayronto. I know I fish some spots in about 80' of water and I am amazed at how far down I can see the anchor rope. Not that I question vis in the keys. No doubt it is far better and more consistant there.

zturncutter
02-18-2011, 10:57 PM
Yea it's true the best Vis in the gulf off shore is in the winter when the rivers flow and general storm runoff is at it's lowest point. I think on average vis at the Bayronto is like 25 to 50 feet.

tallrick
02-19-2011, 03:12 AM
LOL my perfect microclimate comes from central air, the same as everywhere else in Florida. Now I admit that since I built my home and put in native trees I am sitting in a hardwood hammock that shades everything. It was much worse building the house in the late 80's when there were no trees here.