PDA

View Full Version : Need Help With Trees Please

HustlerRider
02-15-2011, 08:24 AM
Hi All,

I need some help with a tree problem that I'm having here at my own home. What's happened is the bark on 2 mature trees started splitting & they have mysteriously died. Now I have 3rd tree that has started splitting it's bark so I'm trying to find out what causes this and how to stop it before it kills this tree or spread to other trees on my place. Here are some photos.

Any tree guru's out there that have a clue as to what causes this & how to stop or prevent it?

gunsnroses
02-15-2011, 09:41 AM
If the bark is falling off, it is too late. Whatever it is, it is in the main systems of the tree. A tree of that age, I would guess it is something in the environment. Did you build your house within the past few years, install septic or something else to damage major roots? Mulch too deep around the crown? If your answer is no, larger pictures including soil and surroundings would help. The more information you tell about it the better....what kind of tree etc.

godzilla
02-15-2011, 10:36 AM
Get rid of all the dead or dying trees immediately. DED.

gunsnroses
02-15-2011, 01:45 PM
Get rid of all the dead or dying trees immediately. DED.

Good call...I thought all the non resistant American cultivars would have been dead years ago.