PDA

View Full Version : Fert In The Pool

ant
09-10-2002, 06:24 AM
i seen on the other forum that a applicator got some granlurs it the pool and stained it....happened to me with nobody saying anything...what do you guys do....

one guy was telling me on the forum that he had to get the pool painted....
ant

tremor
09-10-2002, 06:58 AM
One of my former employers branches once got fert with Oftanol 1.5% in a pool. The pool guy found it when the filter/pump failed. The pump probably failed due to wear. But we had to replace it. We also drained & refilled the pool with water.
Expensive mistake.

Iron will stain, but there is no danger to human health from a few misplaced prills. That doesn't matter in the eyes of the consumer though.

They expect & deserve better from our industry than that.

Steve

HBFOXJr
09-10-2002, 01:52 PM
That was me and it was a Lesco granular iron supplement. I didn't do the app and the applicator didn't read the bag that had a cautionary statement on it. I didn't read it either but just had him apply the poundage that the saleman suggested.

It was not significant but it happened. That stuff is not forgiving. I have placed fert with a few % iron on concrete at my shop and let it get rained on. I don't think in that form much of a problem exists. Kind of like "the princess and the pea" fairy tale.