PDA

View Full Version : Kohler Command 20 Vtwin

derbyd137
02-16-2011, 10:04 AM
Hi all
I have a Kohler Command 20 Vtwin Verticle shaft that I am thinking of selling? It is an electric start with wiring harness,muffler and throttle controls. It came with a Bobcat walk behind I purchased as a spare motor. I plan on taking it to my local dealer and have them give it the going through to make sure and document it's quality. I see this engine online new and the cheapest I have found it for is $1600.00 dollars. I'm wondering what I should ask for it to make a quick sale? Or if any of you out there are interested? I am located in Ann Arbor ,Mi and don't want to ship it as it is heavy and combersome. Here is a link to the engine I believe have. http://www.smallenginewarehouse.com/product.asp?PN=CV20S-65541&desc=Kohler Engine 20hp Command Twin Vertical 1-1/8"x3-5/32" shaft, OHV, ES, 15 Amp Alt, FP, fits some Dixie Chopper

Thanks
Karl from www.straightlinelawn.com

Landrus2
02-16-2011, 10:09 AM
How many hours on engine

derbyd137
02-16-2011, 11:55 AM
Good question joesimoes2. As I stated it was part of a package deal I bought from a guy and was detached from what ever he removed it from. He tells me it came off a rider he got with a broken frame and planned on using it as a backup if he needed it. He told me it runs like a champ. But, that is why I am going to take it to my local mower shop. Larrys mower in Ann Arbor and have them check it out with a fine tooth comb. That way it has a seal of approval.

lifetree
02-16-2011, 10:35 PM
Well, if it's as good as condition as you say it is, somewhere around $ 1,000 to $ 1,200 might be appropriate !!

derbyd137
02-17-2011, 03:01 PM
$1000 to $1200 !!!! Wow. So, I suppose if I ask 800.00 for it I should be able to sell it fast. Any takers? I will provide video and documentation of it's quality. If it turns out after haveing it thouroughly services theres any problem at all which im quite sure there won't be I'll keep it or have it repaired.