PDA

View Full Version : Haulmark vs us cargo vs stealth

zmowingmaster
02-16-2011, 05:48 PM
which one would you choose.My eq. are listed below plus all the tools will be in it.
7x14 enclosed
-6" frame
-extended tongue
-Torsion suspension
-diamond plat
-all wheel brakes..........
Haulmark kodiak landscaper $7000.00 loaded to the heals
Stealth liberty landscape package $5393.00
US cargo Top of the line All star landscape package $6000.00
There is way too many out there...
P.S Pace don't make the summit landscape trailer so that out since I couldn't even talk to a dealer or the mfr all day( voice mails)
Thanks guys

Landrus2
02-16-2011, 05:50 PM
Haulmark kodiak landscaper $7000.00 loaded to the heals

trailerguy72
02-17-2011, 11:13 PM
none of the above ..and that coming from a haulmark dealer

4 seasons lawn&land
02-18-2011, 12:06 AM
well what one is it??

zmowingmaster
02-18-2011, 10:32 AM
went to haulmark dealer yesterday and I decided to go with either a 7x16 kodiak or 8.5x16 grizzly.It was the only dealer that had something to show.I wasn't able to see any of the other trailers,since dealers didn't have them but can order them.ah well, their loss.I can't buy something that I can't see first.
I noticed that the 16 footer would be a better shot over the 14 footer for the long run in case I bought a zero turn.
The only remaining decision is whether to get a 7 foot wide vs 8.5 from haulmark.
The 7' looks nice but will I regret it in the future.
The 8.5' makes more sense,but do I really need all that width with the extra weight and wind drag,because my route is long,

DoetschOutdoor
02-18-2011, 02:01 PM
Wow, $7k for a 7x14 trailer, you should of told them to F themselves! Its been proven time and time again that if you take care of your trailer, it will last you many years no matter the brand. One of the BIG companies at my shop has a very very overpriced haulmark "landscaper" edition and that trailer is ragged out after 4 years. I paid $5500 for my nicely equipped 7x16 and I know I will get many years out of it and then sell it on craigslist and receive a nice chunk of my initial purchase price back.

ParkWelding
02-18-2011, 06:13 PM
After using a 8.5' wide trailer for a year and a half now, I know for sure that I don't ever want anything narrower to carry mowers in.

M&MLawn
02-19-2011, 02:26 PM
I have a 18x8.5 stealth....I bought the trailer stock and did my own landscape "package" in a weekend. D-rings and prolockers in the floor, E track on the walls, wacker and blower racks over the fenders, 24in deep by 12in high shelves. The only complaint I have is the tires that came with the trailer were absolute junk chinese tires....I ran them 2 months and pulled them off....If I were to be picky a one piece roof would be preferable, and the little fold-down door on the gate should be solid alum. and not advantek wood, it got too beat up too fast. I replaced the piano hinge with barn door hinges and wrapped the wood in alum diamond plate to help. Even all set up with the extras Im well under 7K! Haulmark could not touch that price and like someone else said 4-5 years later you dump it for 60% of what you paid and upgrade.

zmowingmaster
02-21-2011, 09:42 AM
I looked at a US cargo the other day.I was so amazed by how nice the trailer was,even though it was the basic model.No screws coming out of the sealing for a starter.
The dealer told me he can get me the American Hauler (falcon) 7x16 for 5800 with the landscape package.He said it is the same company that used to make the US cargo.
To be honest,I liked that trailer.
Decisions,decisions

DoetschOutdoor
02-22-2011, 10:48 AM
I will hafta check here in the next few days but I really think my 7x16 is the american hauler. Ill get back to ya on that and let ya know what I think if ya havent already bought one.

zmowingmaster
02-22-2011, 01:53 PM
haven't bought one yet.waiting on financing.I know lots of people here prefer cash,and cash is the way to go.but in my situation,I need the enclosed trailer more for security/storage reasons.and i need it before april.
It is Haulmark Vs US cargo(or american hauler).
I am leaning towards an 8.5x16,since it will make more since to my needs.