PDA

View Full Version : New Trailer!

dsittler
02-16-2011, 04:53 PM
My new trailer for this season is a 6' X 10' tandem axle trailer with 20" sides and brakes on 1 axle. It has a spring assisted mesh fold down tailgate, rubber mounted lights, 3500lb axles and tongue jack with wheels. I mounted a steel diamond plate platform to the tongue to secure my front storage box too. The storage box is 24" X 48" and is lockable, I keep my fuel containers, oil, blower, bungee cords, tools, ratchet straps and safety equipment in there. I also purchased a 2 place Extreme trimmer rack which is awesome.
Being a 1 man show I like to keep everything organized and secure. Most of the customers I have own upscale homes so I like to keep a professional appearance. Still have some work to do on the new trailer but with lots of snow on the ground here I still have plenty of time.

For my tow vehicle I will be using my trusty old Avalanche, this has been a great truck for me and has never let me down. What I like about this truck is the box is easily locked and my tools are out of site and secure. I realize it's not a heavy duty truck but if you are only cutting grass and hauling mulch from time to time it does the job.

Derek

Greenstripes Property Maintenance

Landrus2
02-16-2011, 04:55 PM
dam nice truck for landscaping

StihlBR600
02-16-2011, 09:14 PM
Your trailer setup looks sickk. How do you like the Xtreme racks so far?

dsittler
02-16-2011, 11:14 PM
The Extreme rack just arrived today and I just installed it on the trailer. Still need to make some final adjustments. Now I can see why they are so highly recommended, great design and almost impossible for thieves to take your stuff. Instead of mounting it to the top rail I used the enclosed trailer mounts and bolted it right to the side of my trailer, it's rock solid now!

Derek

onlythebest
02-16-2011, 11:20 PM
Nice set up!
And what part of Ontario are you from?

dsittler
02-16-2011, 11:25 PM
Just outside of the Kitchener/Waterloo area in a small town called St Clements.

Derek

WOW
02-17-2011, 12:52 AM
spray the wheels on your trailer black.

StihlBR600
02-17-2011, 08:22 AM
Im not even going to lie.....that would look so dumb. It looks sick with the white rims

93Chevy
02-17-2011, 08:35 AM
I usually don't like Avalanches but that truck is sick.