PDA

View Full Version : Terrain King Flail Mower... Anyone have any knowledge on these?

AdvLandscapeLLC
02-16-2011, 06:37 PM
Does anyone have any experience with terrain king flail mowers? they are made by Alamo Industrial. This is a flail mower for the mini exc found a used one locally and just never heard of anything other than us mower or rock hound. Any help would be great thank you.:usflag:

ConstSvcs
02-17-2011, 12:50 AM
Did he email you any images. I looked on that site. The archive on that site has lots of info.

AWJ Services
02-17-2011, 09:07 AM
Need to see a picture of the Knifes and also the main shaft?

AdvLandscapeLLC
02-17-2011, 10:32 AM
I was gonna go look at it today around noon but might just put it off till monday because he wont have the machine there till monday to demo it on. He says the mower is approx 650# which i think may be to heavy for my 335 working off the side. What else should i look for? knives, shaft, bearings, leaks etc... he also doesnt know the hydraulic flow other than it was powered by his volvo ec35. Its a little bit of a drive for me about an hour or so.

AdvLandscapeLLC
02-17-2011, 10:47 AM
So i just called alamo-industrial which is the company who makes the terrain king mower and they do not make them for excavators, this one was modified from a boom flail mower to be used on an excavator, this should be interesting.

Heavyduty1
02-17-2011, 03:22 PM
So i just called alamo-industrial which is the company who makes the terrain king mower and they do not make them for excavators, this one was modified from a boom flail mower to be used on an excavator, this should be interesting.

See how it operates, it might surprise ya. :cool2: Find out how much a new/used flail sells for, so you know if it's priced right.