PDA

View Full Version : Hedge Trimming and Clean-up

southerneclipse
02-17-2011, 01:59 PM
Was wondering the best way (or different techniques) to clean up hedge trimmings. I have accounts that have pine straw underneath every shrub...seems it would take forever to try and get all of the trimmings cleaned up and almost seems worth it to remove the pinestraw completely and put new stuff down, or put a tarp down around the bush (but even then the leaves get all over the place.) What do you do thats fast, efficient, and looks good?

johnnybow
02-17-2011, 02:14 PM
drop clothes

Exact Rototilling
02-17-2011, 02:41 PM
burlap squares 6' x 6' I have lots of them - mainly for grass.

MarkintheGarden
02-19-2011, 12:00 PM
drop a tarp (or better lots of tarps to minimize moving them). Try to pick a day that is not too windy. Yes leaves will get everywhere anyway, but this is a job that does not require perfection. When the shrubs are nicely shaped, that is what the customer will see, and not the few leaves here and there.

One tip to remember is use a rake to remove the trimmings that get left on and in the shrubs after pruning BEFORE you move the tarp.

southerneclipse
02-20-2011, 09:47 AM
ok, thanks I appreciate it.

ReddensLawnCare
02-20-2011, 09:49 PM
Also, if you can..try to use this trimming op to up sell a new application of needles...I always prefer to do triming right before new mulch or needles will be installed..if the needles are currently fresh..do the tarps..then lightly blow on top of the needles..the leaves will typically fall through