PDA

View Full Version : Parking lot sweeping

AdvLandscapeLLC
02-17-2011, 02:12 PM
Does anyone here sweep parking lots after the winter? If so what is your ballpark pricing on this. I would need to rent the skidsteer\sweeper due to my old thomas not being able to efficiently run a sweeper. Any advice on these jobs would be great. I did the search on here but couldnt find very much

ioilyouin
02-17-2011, 04:01 PM
IMO skidsteer units are not production units. They work when the lots are small, i.e. single lane with parking on both sides but are not a good choice for anything much larger. They are good for corners and trim work on big lots but not much else.

ksss
02-17-2011, 04:23 PM
Not sure about your area but around here, the numbers are pretty tight on lot sweeping. Making that more difficult would be having to rent the skid steer and sweeper. Sweepers are not only rented by the day, week but also by the amount of wear on the brush. So I don't see how you can make anything given your situation. However maybe your market is different.

AdvLandscapeLLC
02-17-2011, 04:54 PM
It's not being put out to bid, they lot asked for a price to sweep the lot in which i plow and landscape all year for them. Just want to be fair with the price and still turn a profit. What is the average hourly billing range on sweeping?

AdvLandscapeLLC
02-17-2011, 05:42 PM
Does anyone reuse there Sand for next year and just mix some more salt?

stuvecorp
02-17-2011, 06:30 PM
I use to but since selling the plowing off I don't anymore. I was at $95 per hour with a 72" Bobcat pickup broom. I also sweep up during plowing season to keep the sand accumulation manageable, sometimes I would reuse the sand and mix salt back in. It went pretty good and did about 13 acre parking lot over 2-3 days, they would cone off or rotate parking lot sections. It was around $2500 which isn't a lot but had nothing else going on that time of year. For me I thought going backwards picked up better and running in two speed at a lower rpm seemed to go much faster but didn't burn fuel.

One major drawback - DUSTY(need the puking smiley...)

zabmasonry
02-18-2011, 08:50 AM
I would start by getting a quote to sub it out. If you think that you can do for less then that then do it. Otherwise, tack 5-15% on the bid and sub it out.