PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about a new skidsteer

Eastern Construction Inc.
02-17-2011, 09:06 PM
Im thinking about buying a new skidsteer.I sold my skidsteer today and started looking at new machines.I have bought new backhoes 10 years ago never a new skidsteer i have only bought used.Any advice on making offers,whos got best finance,warranty,etc.I am still just thinking about this but if the right deal hits the table who knows.I need a 6000lb class machine nothing too big. Thanks for any advice.

stuvecorp
02-18-2011, 12:18 AM
I would think there would be some left over machines sitting that you could get some good terms on. There is also a lot of late model stuff out there you might find. I guess it comes down to what you need? I have always found good terms/programs with either New Holland or Case stuff.

Or I could just do a shameless plug saying buy my Mustang MTL16? :nono::laugh::)

ksss
02-18-2011, 12:43 AM
Im thinking about buying a new skidsteer.I sold my skidsteer today and started looking at new machines.I have bought new backhoes 10 years ago never a new skidsteer i have only bought used.Any advice on making offers,whos got best finance,warranty,etc.I am still just thinking about this but if the right deal hits the table who knows.I need a 6000lb class machine nothing too big. Thanks for any advice.

One thing you need to know is that skid steers are classed by ROC or Rated Operating Capacity. You will want to consider if you want a radial lift machine or vertical lift. Radial lift machines are sold as primarily excavating machines and vertical lift machines are primarily for as lift and carry type tasks. Warranty tends to be pretty standard at 1 year total coverage with no hourly limit. CASE also offers a 2 year engine warranty, others may as well.
I would jump on a couple websites and start looking over some machines and seeing what is offered.

02-18-2011, 07:49 AM
I like the new holland machines i have spent many hours on them.We used to have two new holland dealers within 30 min both say that they are no longer selling them.I am going to look at the 317 D looks like a nice machine.We use the machine to grade around homes,Auger for fence,Move materials around job site,Snow removal.

jrmikka
02-22-2011, 10:00 PM
i just got taught a lesson today on takechi (cant spell it or say it) i know a very reputable mechanic who just told me all the differences between these and the other track machines out there WOW what a difference i think im going to take a look at one of these takeuchi...i guess they just doesnt have the marketing as the others??

bobcat_ron
02-22-2011, 10:12 PM
Takeuchi's are just awesome machines, they were so far ahead of the CTL curve before anyone else was and they don't need to keep improving their machines just to keep up.

I really regret not buying my TL130 earlier, there is just so much power on tap and that roll up front window is a blessing.
Posted via Mobile Device

stuvecorp
02-22-2011, 10:27 PM
i just got taught a lesson today on takechi (cant spell it or say it) i know a very reputable mechanic who just told me all the differences between these and the other track machines out there WOW what a difference i think im going to take a look at one of these takeuchi...i guess they just doesnt have the marketing as the others??

You can call them TK, Takkie or whatever you like. :laugh:

I think being outside the main 'name' brand hurts and they don't have a great dealer network(I think) can work against them. TK should update the cab some, not to make it yuppieish but put some thought and make it more functional. I think if they had used a different style track that would have cut down on the rough riding complaints.

You can also check out Mustang and Gehl versions.(shameless plug, I'm selling mine...).

stuvecorp
02-22-2011, 10:31 PM
Takeuchi's are just awesome machines, they were so far ahead of the CTL curve before anyone else was and they don't need to keep improving their machines just to keep up.

I really regret not buying my TL130 earlier, there is just so much power on tap and that roll up front window is a blessing.
Posted via Mobile Device

Just think Ron if you could have skipped your Bobcat and Cat phase, how much could you have saved?

bobcat_ron
02-23-2011, 09:10 AM
Just think Ron if you could have skipped your Bobcat and Cat phase, how much could you have saved?

No kidding, everything would be paid for and I could be married with a mistress on the side.
Posted via Mobile Device

Bleed Green
02-23-2011, 10:47 AM
No kidding, everything would be paid for and I could be married with a mistress on the side.
Posted via Mobile Device

Ron u truly are a glass half full guy LOL

bobcat_ron
02-23-2011, 11:31 AM
Ron u truly are a glass half full guy LOL

The lights are on, but no one is home.

DirtMerchant
02-23-2011, 02:06 PM
we do it to ourselves.

02-23-2011, 08:01 PM
Jrmikka care to share some of that info the mechanic gave you.I noticed one of our local rental yards had a Tak in there yard today. I might call and get a weeks rental rate to use it on the yard grading of a house im in the middle of building.Just to see what its like.I kinda like the look of the wider track on the cat and the asv but im not buying for looks i will take any advice i can get (well some of it) thanks .

jrmikka
02-23-2011, 11:22 PM
well this info is priceless... this guy worked for a skid steer co for over ten years i have saw him go through the ranks to become the head mech there so he knows his sh#t I bought several of their machines never a track he told me that there is no comparison between the tak and all the others...if you get their sheet compare it with any other he also said (now it sounded like greek to me) but something about the #/sq in and also how the force is x y and z compared to other and how a ? rear gear is like a dozer...he also said the undercarriage are sick...im going to take a look at one on friday...the looks arent there but who cares...also he said avg repair for the undercarriage on the others
3-4 grand

stuvecorp
02-24-2011, 12:11 AM
Jrmikka care to share some of that info the mechanic gave you.I noticed one of our local rental yards had a Tak in there yard today. I might call and get a weeks rental rate to use it on the yard grading of a house im in the middle of building.Just to see what its like.I kinda like the look of the wider track on the cat and the asv but im not buying for looks i will take any advice i can get (well some of it) thanks .

That's a good plan, you can try the machine without any pressure and try it in different situations.

I've been told you can get a wider track(16") and it fits on the 130 size instead of the 12" track. I would love to see/try that out, I think it would help big time for floatation.

bobcat_ron
02-24-2011, 09:18 AM
That's a good plan, you can try the machine without any pressure and try it in different situations.

I've been told you can get a wider track(16") and it fits on the 130 size instead of the 12" track. I would love to see/try that out, I think it would help big time for floatation.

It's a custom order, but there is lots of room for a wider track, but the TL130 is only 62" wide, you would be surprised how tight of an opening you can squeeze through.

arbor pro
03-11-2011, 11:12 AM
I'm selling my 2005 Takeuchi TL130 if anyone is interested. Only 608 hrs, one-owner machine. Never rented out. Loaded.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=343420

scott
605-228-9350