PDA

View Full Version : Spraying SBM?

Victor
02-18-2011, 01:16 AM
Has anyone here used their skid sprayer to spray soybean meal on lawns? Since SBM tends to be problematic to spread dry, it would make things a lot easier for me, if I could dissolve it in my skid and spray lawns with it instead. I'm just worried about unforeseen problems I might have like it clogging my strainer, or something like that.

Thanks for any input!

Victor
02-18-2011, 03:29 PM
Well... So much for that idea. I found out that SBM turns into a clumpy mush when wet and doesn't dissolve.

NattyLawn
02-18-2011, 04:36 PM
I have a used a soy fert. in the past. It's 14% N, but has a flour like consistency. You have to add half the water, add the material, then add the rest of the water while agitating. It works pretty well, but you NEED to empty your tank at the end of the day or the odor the next day might knock you over.

HayBay
02-18-2011, 05:38 PM
Soyabean Meal Tea. Just like Compost Tea.

Brew, Strain the Meal with a pretty pair of panties and spray.

starry night
02-18-2011, 09:37 PM
What problems do you think there are with spreading SBM dry?
For me, it spreads very easily. Sometimes I add a little compost to bulk it up and make it less dusty.

Victor
02-19-2011, 05:44 PM
What problems do you think there are with spreading SBM dry?
For me, it spreads very easily. Sometimes I add a little compost to bulk it up and make it less dusty.

Bridging issues and how dusty it is are the main reasons why I don't like spreading it.

Victor
02-19-2011, 05:45 PM
I have a used a soy fert. in the past. It's 14% N, but has a flour like consistency. You have to add half the water, add the material, then add the rest of the water while agitating. It works pretty well, but you NEED to empty your tank at the end of the day or the odor the next day might knock you over.

Hey Natty; where did you find that soy fert? :)