PDA

View Full Version : Retaining wall permit fiasco

twowheelted
02-18-2011, 10:39 PM
O.k. I'll admit that the reason for the fiasco is that we didn't get a permit to construct a 30" retaining wall. I mean really? Now the city is making us get an engineer to look at it. Failed! Now my question is where can I get a drawing for a railroad tie retaining wall? I've tried Google to no avail. I have already lost so much money on this job I'm pulling my hair out! I don't really want to pay the engineer to spend much more time on this. $75 an hour goes fast!
Any help is appreciated. THANKS!

TwoWheel

Dnryan
02-18-2011, 11:18 PM
Man that sucks. I don't know that you have much choice other than to have an engineer figure something out. Hope it works out as cheap as possible for ya
Posted via Mobile Device

Green Feet Lawn
02-19-2011, 11:03 AM
O.k. I'll admit that the reason for the fiasco is that we didn't get a permit to construct a 30" retaining wall. I mean really? Now the city is making us get an engineer to look at it. Failed! Now my question is where can I get a drawing for a railroad tie retaining wall? I've tried Google to no avail. I have already lost so much money on this job I'm pulling my hair out! I don't really want to pay the engineer to spend much more time on this. $75 an hour goes fast!
Any help is appreciated. THANKS!

Is it the city's engineer? If so, find an independant engineer.

twowheelted
02-19-2011, 11:14 AM
No. That is an independent engineer. I may have to take it down and replace with block. UGHHHH!

MarkintheGarden
02-19-2011, 11:18 AM
There is a great book that has the drawings that you want and has the info that you need to build walls that will pass inspection:

Landscape Construction by David Sauter, ISBN 0-8273-8427-0

This book is a must have for anyone who wants to do landscape construction.

Why did the wall fail inspection?