PDA

View Full Version : Horrific Dump Tailer Accident

kreft
02-19-2011, 12:23 AM
Always make sure the bed is down!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uryTjrWnIJI&feature=related

shooterm
02-19-2011, 01:07 AM
Seen a few videos of these types. You have to be real special to not understand that dump box isnt in the air.

ParkWelding
02-19-2011, 09:15 AM
It amazes me the simple things that people do wrong and have disastrous consequences. Its not hard to tell that the dump body is elevated slightly on any dump truck or trailer, while driving. I watched a local construction company doing some work in front of my house. They were in the process of installing water mains in our little town. For some reason one of their tri-axle dumps was going down the road with the body up. Watched him take out all but the main electric wires. I was speechless at the stupidity.

ksss
02-19-2011, 11:28 AM
It amazes me the simple things that people do wrong and have disastrous consequences. Its not hard to tell that the dump body is elevated slightly on any dump truck or trailer, while driving. I watched a local construction company doing some work in front of my house. They were in the process of installing water mains in our little town. For some reason one of their tri-axle dumps was going down the road with the body up. Watched him take out all but the main electric wires. I was speechless at the stupidity.

Couple years ago I watched a guy in a dump truck going down the road with his bed up, snapping power, phone, and cable lines the whole way. Unreal. The truck feels completely different. Cant imagine how you do that.

bearmtnmartin
02-22-2011, 02:35 PM
There is a company near here with a topsoil business. They have a couple Petes with hot shift PTO's. One day I was going down the highway and saw one going the other way and his box was rising. I knew the dispatch number and called it in about 2 seconds flat. The dispatcher dropped the phone and screamed into his 2 way radio. The truck stopped literally 10 feet before an overpass. I got a nice dinner out of that one. The driver showed up at the yard crying.

DirtMerchant
02-22-2011, 05:09 PM
There is a company near here with a topsoil business. They have a couple Petes with hot shift PTO's. One day I was going down the highway and saw one going the other way and his box was rising. I knew the dispatch number and called it in about 2 seconds flat. The dispatcher dropped the phone and screamed into his 2 way radio. The truck stopped literally 10 feet before an overpass. I got a nice dinner out of that one. The driver showed up at the yard crying.

Hahaha I know who you're talking about, heard aobut that through the grape vine

eco.lawns
02-22-2011, 05:27 PM
It must have at least wondered why his rig was handling weird, never thought to check his mirrors I guess. Things that are so preventable tend to cause so much damage