PDA

View Full Version : Caution- ebay and insuring packages, anyone have my luck?

supercuts
02-19-2011, 04:53 PM
I post this only to let people know how the insurance works through the post office due to my poor luck and bad experience

i recently sold a meyer plow pump on ebay. Having thought it would sell for alot in the middle of the winter i lised it with no reserve, well it only sold for $350. I only sell and ship about 2 things a year on ebay so I dont know alot about it. I boxed it up, took it to the post office, asked for delivery confirmation and insured it for $350. when i did the womam told me the box wasnt really strong enough for it. I told her i would do whatever she asked of me. she told me to tape it up more which i did and she said it was fine. well the buyer never recieved it. the process of filling the insurance claim and refunding the buyer may sound easy but it was far from it. the woman at the post office never activated the delivery confirmation even though the sticker was on the box so they could not track it, even with the insurance number and the post office thought perhaps the man did recieve it. so they pin me against him thinking he was a liar and i stalled the refund which makes me look like the bad guy.

weeks later i recieved a letter that they found my box open and empty. they then denied my insurance claim stating it was not properly packaged. at this point im still arguing but i may not only loose the money and the item, but they wont even refund the $42 for shipping. I'll fit this one till the end. I paid money and my package was accepted as sufficiently packaged!

I just cant win. If any of you follow my posts, we had a contractor walk off with $6500 after gutting my bathroom and never returning, my new ford truck has been in the shop 40 times and I lost my lemon twice (yes i managed to have two hearings on the same truck), ive been reporting all this to consumer protection, the attorney generals office, you name it. they all promise to look into it and wont even return a call. if i dont keep on them nothing would ever happen. does anyone else have these problems

1MajorTom
02-19-2011, 08:14 PM
YES!!!
Sometimes we think we can never win. I can tell you plenty of stories, but you probably wouldn't believe me. Sometimes I think if we didn't have bad luck we wouldn't have any at all. Yep, we could write a book.
I always say to Matt, "things happen for a reason, we'll just come out of this stronger."
Sorry to hear about your problems... You're definitely due some good luck too.

clean_cut
02-19-2011, 08:45 PM
Gotta love ebay!

Sorry to hear about the shipping problems, I hope it all works out for you.

FLAhaulboy
02-19-2011, 09:44 PM
Should of used Fed Ex! If you read the Ebay discussion forums, you'll discover that USPS has been putting this denial crap for years.

supercuts
03-03-2011, 03:44 PM
so, as my luck would have it, they denied my insurance claim because they had found my item and were "promptly" sending it back to me. well weeks later, still dont have it, call their recovery center and guess what, they LOST IT AGAIN!!! they havent had contact with it since feb 9th, today is march 3rd. really?? do i really have this luck? i finally speak to someone in consumer affairs and she asks me to fax all my papers and letters. since i dont have a fax i was more then willing to drive to my post office. THEY TOLD ME THEY DONT HAVE A FAX MACHINE! what ferderal agency doesnt have a fax machine. unbelievable. sorry for the rant

icex
04-30-2011, 07:46 PM
so, as my luck would have it, they denied my insurance claim because they had found my item and were "promptly" sending it back to me. well weeks later, still dont have it, call their recovery center and guess what, they LOST IT AGAIN!!! they havent had contact with it since feb 9th, today is march 3rd. really?? do i really have this luck? i finally speak to someone in consumer affairs and she asks me to fax all my papers and letters. since i dont have a fax i was more then willing to drive to my post office. THEY TOLD ME THEY DONT HAVE A FAX MACHINE! what ferderal agency doesnt have a fax machine. unbelievable. sorry for the rant

If it makes you feel any better (Yes I know this is an old thread) I lost $799 worth of cisco 7960 phones via USPS. Buyer filed a thing on ebay without ever contacting me, then ebay locked my account and demanded that I pay the guy back $800 after almost a month had passed by, and these phones were sold for a LAWYER and not owned by me. I told them I filed a insurance claim and they wouldent have it, so they banned me from ebay until I paid. I finaly got the insurance check 3 weeks later, but still..

supercuts
05-01-2011, 08:02 PM
well after 4 MONTHS i finally got a check, but not even for the full amount. they said I didnt prove its actual value even though I had the sale price from ebay. I called to file a complaint about the way I was treated and lied to by USPS personel, left a message and they never even called me back

nepatsfan
05-01-2011, 08:22 PM
These types of things bring me close to going off the deep end. 90% of the people who work for state, town, and govt are public parasites who just leech off the taxpayers and are just working there because they know someone who worked there before them. This world is full of incompetance and unfortunately their jobs are as secure as they come regardless of their work or how they treat people.