PDA

View Full Version : Working in california

hoeman376
02-21-2011, 04:45 AM
Well things at home were slow, Had a bad break up with my chick so i packed up and went out to work for my uncle in cali for a while. Have been out here for about two months now havent really been working just having fun but now the works started. I like it out here. Ill go back to IL when Im ready lol. But im making good money here no complaints and just having a good life experiance. Heres some pics ill have plenty more in the weeks to come were swamped. Ive been running a new 550j Im fixing a river bed for errision control placing these boulders on the side. Not how I woulda done it but hey, Im just a operator out here haha. I think i like it better this way at home I have to many things to deal with being owner operator

hoeman376
02-21-2011, 04:46 AM
Ohhh and that hitachi 135ur sucks. Glad i dont have to use it for anything other then setting rocks

bobcat_ron
02-21-2011, 10:28 AM
Oh man does that dozer look tiny with narrow pads!!!!
But those grey market Hitachi's are good, but thank god they changed them to what they are now.
Posted via Mobile Device

Dirtman2007
02-21-2011, 09:28 PM
that hitachi has a walmart size heat/ac unit on top of it! LOL

hoeman376
02-21-2011, 11:45 PM
that hitachi has a walmart size heat/ac unit on top of it! LOL

That hitachi has a bigger ac unit then bucket. I hate small buckets this thing is driving me nuts i stay on the dozer mostly just using the excavator for final placement. Ill have some more pics up tommrow.

hvy 1ton
02-22-2011, 09:42 AM
No love for the parallel offset boom or what? Have you got much use out of the slope boards on the 550? Never gotten to play around with any, but they seem to work well on finish dozers. Didn't Peterson or someone come up with them for cable dozers and they've never made it much east of the rockies?

Jelinek61
02-22-2011, 07:55 PM
That dozer is pretty sweet with the slope boards. Some of those houses in the background are pretty nice.

hoeman376
02-27-2011, 07:47 AM
heres some more pics of a swale i cut behind the barn and some other stuff from the river bed. Jobs all done got it finish graded and everything but i broke my phone so Hopfully i can get a new one tommrow and snap some pics

hoeman376
02-27-2011, 07:49 AM
more pics from yesterday, broke my phone right after these pics

DaveAust
02-27-2011, 08:41 AM
How much pressure can you put on those slope boards on the dozer before they break? Or do they trip back if say you hit a rock or stump?
Rarely see them in Australia. We have shallow topsoil, hard subsoil and rocks & stumps on most jobs.

Dave

Dirtwerks
02-27-2011, 06:55 PM
I know they use slope boards quit a bit out west from when I've been out there vacationing and seen them in trade magazines, but wow thats pretty slick, probably saves alot of time from not having to chase the last little bit of windrow out of your V ditch part. I'm curious like Dave asked how much pressure you can on them. I assume you roughed the slope with the standard blade then used the slope board to finish it? Anyway looks good you planning on heading back to IL in the spring?

DirtMerchant
02-27-2011, 10:30 PM
How much pressure can you put on those slope boards on the dozer before they break? Or do they trip back if say you hit a rock or stump?
Rarely see them in Australia. We have shallow topsoil, hard subsoil and rocks & stumps on most jobs.

Dave

I ran a D5 with one for doing slope work for railways locally a few years back. They're pretty damn solid, as in the dozer will twist, or break other parts before them.

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/6294_113888096902_511411902_2432229_4504771_n.jpg

Ps what the heck is a Hitachi 450H? And what kind of wimpy undercarriage is that on it? Looks like a pieced together/rebuild machine. That little deere is a nice unit though, very very versatile.

hoeman376
02-28-2011, 01:08 AM
I know they use slope boards quit a bit out west from when I've been out there vacationing and seen them in trade magazines, but wow thats pretty slick, probably saves alot of time from not having to chase the last little bit of windrow out of your V ditch part. I'm curious like Dave asked how much pressure you can on them. I assume you roughed the slope with the standard blade then used the slope board to finish it? Anyway looks good you planning on heading back to IL in the spring?

Like Dm said the slope boards are very strong they will push the machine before they will break. It would be pretty hard to break one unless you were being stuipid. I plan on heading back to IL just dont know when we got a bunch more jobs lined up.

Dirtmerchant That 450s is one of my uncles its got small pads on it for what reason idk. But it runs good dug some stuff at the vinyard today with it. Hes got another 450 and a 550 but they both have wide pads.

Scag48
02-28-2011, 09:43 PM
450H's were designed for mining, hence the narrow pads/short carriage. Typically, they have a goofy looking, rectangular cab that resembles the older dash 2 cabs but you see the occasional H with the newer style, rounded cabs like the one pictured. To be honest, I think the H's were marketed overseas and the units here in the US are grey market units but I'm stretching my memory on that one.

Jim385
02-28-2011, 10:03 PM
Nice work on that swale... nothing like a fence post to make your day interesting, hah.