PDA

View Full Version : Trash Bags

greenchoppers
02-21-2011, 04:16 PM
Hello Forum,

We really like the 7-Mil thick bags aka contractor bags but this gets quite expensive after a while of doing clean ups and/or leaf removals. We have been purchasing those from Lowe's, Home Depot, or other hardware store for like $18 for 80 or so bags.

So, I was wandering what do you all use for heavy duty trash bags and where do you purchase them?

Thanks.

93Chevy
02-21-2011, 04:18 PM
I don't use trash bags for cleanups, but I buy 8mil drum liners for the cans in my shop.

grasscutter24
02-21-2011, 05:15 PM
I don't use trash bags for clean-ups either. Takes more time to stuff inside them instead of just throwing it in truck.

gasracer
02-21-2011, 05:18 PM
I want to know where you find 8-mil thick bags? I use 3 mil. and does pretty good.

greenchoppers
02-21-2011, 05:26 PM
I want to know where you find 8-mil thick bags? I use 3 mil. and does pretty good.

Sorry, it is the 3 mil thick bags we are using. Anyone know where to buy in bulk?

93Chevy
02-21-2011, 05:41 PM
I don't use trash bags for cleanups, but I buy 8mil drum liners for the cans in my shop.

I meant 3 mil as well.

gasracer
02-21-2011, 05:52 PM
Industrial supply companies carry them in 50 count boxes.

Exact Rototilling
02-21-2011, 05:55 PM
Trash bags too much of a struggle fest - fiddle factor IMO. I use 6' x 6' burlap squares - tie up the four corner works well reuse. I also keep 2-3 96 gallon trash cans with wheels in trailer the kind for curbside pickup - anything weedy or thorny goes in those. Fast and handy.

If your going to leave them at a clients for pick up different story. Use the slider sleeve things to keep them in place. Forgot what they are called ..never used them. But from what I saw of them takes some of the struggle factor out of it. Or maybe a trash can for support.

CALandscapes
02-21-2011, 06:20 PM
Either throw directly into the truck / trailer or re-use empty mulch bags. Those 50 cent trash bags are too expensive.

greenchoppers
02-21-2011, 09:21 PM
Either throw directly into the truck / trailer or re-use empty mulch bags. Those 50 cent trash bags are too expensive.

That is a good idea. Didn't think about that. Thanks!

Agape
02-22-2011, 02:24 AM
I never use trash bags.
They look trashy, they're hard to fill, and the lawn debris dump won't take them.
I use the large buckets like in the back of my truck in my signature pic and dump them straight in.
Also, if I'm dealing with heavier material, I can take the bag off my mower and use the handle as a perfect rack to transport the bucket to my truck via the self propel.

SNAPPER MAN
02-22-2011, 10:38 AM
We use tarp bags. They are big trash bags made of thick tarp material. They are awesome. Just fill em and dump them at the dump, then reuse. They cost about $10 a piece but are well worth it.
Posted via Mobile Device

CircleC
02-23-2011, 08:38 PM
Never use trash bags....why would you buy something just to throw it away!

I use a tarp on my trailer or tarp in the back of my truck. I also use large nursery bins, the ones they use for large trees.

clean_cut
02-23-2011, 09:29 PM
I only use trash bags for the customers that ask me just to leave the debris at the street for the city trash service to pick up. The city will usually pick up leaves/sticks in the fall (non bagged), but after a certain date they stop making their rounds with the leaf trucks and some customers want it bagged to still be picked up.

The bags can be a pain though, small capacity and easy to rip. As always though, the customer is right :)

jcbabb
02-24-2011, 03:32 PM
Snapper Man, can you give me a link or tell me where to find a tarp bag? Sounds perfect.

RodneyK
02-24-2011, 04:11 PM
In for the tarp bag source!